1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Rugged Realism

Oct 10, 2019

1. Ok! I made a thread called "whats your favorite rugged realism sculpt" It has a poll in there if anyone would like to use it. ^^
      Thank you for letting me know @Lady Ravenswood

2. If I'm lucky enough to snag a Tresno, I want him to be the ultimate himbo :XD: None of my dolls wear streetwear, but I've really been enjoying the streetwear and techwear designs for dolls so I think I'd go that route. RR's odd size (in terms of measurements/proportions) might make that a little hard though, but I'd definitely try.

@AkioMoichi would you mind linking to the thread? DoA search gives me a lot of trouble and I'm not sure which subforum you posted it in ;;

3. I also had plans for geneo since the second I saw him, he’s known around here already by the character name since I’ve been obsessed with the doll since I first saw him back in November. I’m planning on making a bit of a slicked back hair villain type character with him. Complete with a custom outfit I designed. I’m so excited for this doll, I think this is probably the most obsessed I’ve been with a sculpt

4. @AkioMoichi We do not allow people to do market research on DoA so the poll was removed. Seeing that your are close friends with Helene and privy to her plans and ideas, you doing a poll seems like you are doing market research on her behalf. We generally do not see people doing sculpt popularity polls within one brand for one release, so there isn't really a place for that. Certainly reading this thread and making notes would tell you the same information.

5. Ah sorry! I can see how that came across. I personally was curious but I 100% understand what you mean. No worries I will not ask things like that again.

6. I would totally go for one of these heads if they were easier to acquire. Gorgeous work.

7. @Rosslyn
      The heads are going to be sold separately :3nodding:

8. now that does catch my interest, but playing "How Fast Can I Order to get one" is always , well, stressful. Personal problem more than a real issue but it often doesn't work if too many people pounce.
      Do we know when the order is going to be?

9. I totally agree with you. It stresses me out too. Iv done a few orders like these and oh boy its so stressful. As for preorder. Nope. shes gonna announce info in july.

10. not quite yet but pre-order information should be posted sometime next month!

11. @AkioMoichi You could try making a Google Forms survey, but considering the mod ruling, you’d probably get in trouble for posting a link to it here. :sweat Maybe you could put together something and have Helene share it on her IG account? Would be fun to know what sculpts seem to be most popular at the moment, for sure! :)

And I totally get that regarding doll styling! I spent months staring at one particular Neul Haru Casting had prior to when he made the sculpt available to purchase, and it took me a while to figure out how I wanted my own Neul’s faceup to look that wasn’t just a straight copy of his. :lol: Probably gonna be the same issue with Aquilo if I get one, because I love that one picture of him with the red hair and loose fitting tank top. :chibi

12. AAAAH I KNOW!! Aquilo is soooo cute in that photo! That photo sold me on Aquilo instantly. lololol

13. @AkioMoichi - Sorry for encouraging you about the poll! I didn't know that was discouraged (I didn't think you were polling for the artist - although I can see how the mods would think that - but just for fun and out of curiosity - that's why I was interested, too. At least we know the rules now!).

Aquilo really is cute, too! He even looked good in the yellow wig in some of the videos (haha).

#73 StellaMarigold, Jun 24, 2021
      Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    14. Its all good! I was polling for my own interest but I wasn't sure if polling was allowed. I should have asked the mods first. But I would love to do a poll on all the doll companies because I would love to see each companies favorite doll. It would be cool if doll companies had a spot on their websites that had popular dolls cuz I would love to see that.

Aquilo has such a sweet face. Thats also why I like Erato as well. Suuuuch a sweet face on him. I like smiley boys and to me hes got a little smirk on him. Both are so cuuuuute!:whee: I have such a hard time choosing between the two. Thanks to @Singull and asking about if anyone had style plans for them. It really has been making me realize I should probably start thinking about it.:?

15. i wish i could get 3 full dolls, but if it works out, likely a body and 3 heads... i'm looking at Lamento, Erato and Tresno, though i really like all 5. it is really amazing how natural the body poses, and how expressive it is. i'm so impressed! :love

16. If I do ever get the chance to order one of these dolls I’d have to say that Tresno is my favorite. I love his softer look and I actually really like his open mouth.

Currently I do not have a plan for a character if I end up ordering one. I’d probably end up making a character around the sculpt.

17. Dang, I really hope this order isn't as limited as the last one, or, if it is, I hope she'll do lottery! Clickwar is always too stressful!

I'm really in love with Geneo and Tresno, and I'd like to get one fullset + a head. I'm so anxious to see the preorder information!

18. Geneo is soooo unique looking. It took me awhile to settle on Erato because I was back and forth with aquilo, erato, and geneo. A fullset and an extra head is a great idea though!

19. Ugh, I'm stressed. I'm in a place with awful internet right now, I was really hoping to not have to do a click war.

20. yeah I really hope not too but really as long as it's not like a lottery for who gets to purchase the doll, I'm fine with it. I'm kinda expecting them to sell out in the first hour though depending on how many are released