1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Rugged Realism

Oct 10, 2019

1. I hear you. I really had hoped to get one of these dolls. Even if my internet is normally steady I don´t know if it´s worth all the stress and possible frustration. Buying a doll should be a process of joy and fun for me, not entering a war. At least all the sculpts are now shown on Helene´s website in one place. If I decide to go to war, I would fight for Lamento.

2. I am thinking about getting Tresno head but I'm not sure which body I should hybrid him with. As much as I love how Helene design the body, the 65 cm height is a bit too small to what I imagine his image would be.

3. I’ve tried to enter this preorder with the mindset that there’s a high chance that I might not be able to order a doll and that’s fine. I definitely agree that I don’t want to stress myself out just for a doll preorder.

4. I am more worried that the website will crash with how many people would go to it to try and buy. Cuz that would screw over so many people. Like make up preorders and such. Website crashing is bad for everyone.

5. Have y'all seen the announcement?

Planned Pre-Order Details

I've never paid this much for a doll before, but first time for everything, right? I'm also glad she's raised the amount she's selling per order.

#85 iamkathybrown, Jul 3, 2021
      Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    6. Thanks for the link! Didn't see this until now! It's super awesome seeing the quantity of orders go up! Very exciting and helps me relax a little. Hopefully less worry about click war. Also I'm in love with the resin colors. Thinking of going with that cinnamon color!

7. I already feel tense imagining the click war that’ll happen at the start of the preorder. I feel that they will be sold out in minutes.

8. Yeah, it's not at a great time for me. Not sure what to do about that.

9. Yeah I’m currently debating whether or not I was to get geneo in daisy or peach. I do adore the cinnamon though.
      As for pre-orders, because of the price I’m kinda expecting the heads to sell out first. I think the price is pretty prohibitive (though completely fair and I am 100% happy with it) and so it won’t be as much of a click war for the full sets

10. Honestly, whether it was 40 or 400, limited product numbers was always going to make me nervous. :lol:

@kiraabsol I think you’re right about the price potentially putting off a few collectors from committing to a purchase (plus there’s no layaway to act as a buffer), so hopefully the dolls won’t sell out within minutes and we’ll have some breathing room. Despite that, I certainly plan to set up an alarm/reminder when we have a specific time down the road; right now it just says Sept 1st GMT+10 so I don’t know if she’ll be having the order opened at midnight on the 1st or if it’ll be later in the day. Kinda hoping for later in the day so I won’t need to be up before 6am on a weekday. :lol: So much less painful to do those early morning orders when I know I can just go back to sleep and not have to be up and about in another hour or two.

Thankfully we have 2 months+ to prepare! I have enough cash to buy Aquilo in my savings account, but I definitely plan to still put money aside so I don’t have to dig into that account too much. Now just to figure out if I want him in peach or cinnamon…

11. I'm in the same boat as you @Singull. I would like a full set Aquilo, but can't decide which colour to get him in :sweat
      I want to get his ears modded into elf ears, so would also like to get a backup Lamento or Erato head in case something happens and the goblin in my brain was like get 'two bodies in different colours' :XD: but I don't want to be greedy as there are such limited slots (I'm aiming for the smaller size)

12. @bad_doll_customs Haha it’s always difficult when there’s multiple dolls you want from one preorder. I’m quite thankful than I’m only particularly enamored with Aquilo. :lol: Least you got plenty of time to stew on it. :wiggle I’m not particularly good about utilizing floating heads myself. I have an extra faceplate that I got a matching faceup and everything for my Unoa Sist and I rarely bother to switch her faces out. :doh

If I do get mine, he actually will likely be my last new addition to my crew for the foreseeable future. I’m getting close to the 30 dolls mark in my collection now and I think that’s quite enough for the time being. :sweat Would rather focus on getting repaints done, wardrobes put together, and doing more with my roombox and prop stuff. I’d always lowkey wanted a doll from Dollshe though, but none of his head sculpts have really jumped out at me…plus actually doing business with him is a no-go for me. :eusa_sile The RR boys are in the same stylistic genre so they’ll fit that hole quite nicely (and then some). :aheartbea Aquilo would round off my crew quite nicely as a sort of…finale. :XD:

13. I need to mull it over a bit more but I think I'll go for a cinnamon Tresno! The people in this thread + my small group of friends already count for a good number of full dolls to be sold (6 among my small friend group, lol! I think all large size) so I'm hoping this won't be too brutal. Time to worry out of my mind for the next two months.

14. Ooof, and I was mildly succeeding at being optimistic about it all :XD:
      Well, there is nothing to do but wait and try. I hope it is meant to be. I dearly would love a full 65cm Tresno in daisy with extra Lamento and Erato heads. I already bought him eyes and stuff, so he needs to come get them! :lol:

Oh goodness.........it's gonna be a blood bath isn't it? :abambi:

15. I think so lol. At the end of the day, there's no way to know how many dolls are going to go immediately.

16. Ok, ok, ok. I have low CON, but :: straps on armor :: gonna make this happen! :roar

Hopefully

:eusa_pray

Best of luck to everyone! :hug:

17. She did say that if at least 15 people wanted to order a specific sculpt after this preorder she might be able to hold another preorder. I don't know if that makes anyone feel better! 40 full sets + 40 extra heads for both sizes already sounds like a massive amount of work for a single artist, so I think those are very generous numbers. It is more than I was expecting, to be honest.

I hope that you all will be able to place your orders successfully when the time comes! I won't be placing one, as I'll wait and hope for a female sculpt in the future :)

18. Oh boy, only 40 full sets *_*

I'm going to try for a Geneo full set and Tresno and Lamento heads! Seems like this clickwar is going to be pretty tough... I'm going to be dying of anxiety for these 2 months until the preorder, hahaha...

19. The one day when I won`t have internet ... it seems I am not destined to have a chance at those dolls. Otherwise, 40 sets for over 1000$ without layaway, with 5 different molds - I honestly cannot imagine that they are sold out in one day. So maybe there´s hope!
      And 40 is alot, I had expected maybe 5 or 10 max. of each mold.

20. Haha I'm almost the complete opposite :XD: I'm not quite a year into the hobby and Aquilo would only be my second bjd at a MSD/medium doll size.
      I've gone through a couple of yosd dolls, but decided I'd prefer shelling some of my dnd characters into dolls bjds with more realistic proportions. So dkeats' boys are perfect for this!

Aquilo is my favourite head from this series, but I'm unsure if he fits the character I have in mind. That's why I'm hoping to pick up an extra head :sweat