1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

RUY by A.I.R disscussion

Jul 15, 2010

1. Oh, goodness, I just realized this dolly takes 16-18mm eyes. I don't have too many of those, most of my SD dollies looked best in 12-14mm.

Waaaah! Someone got their head shipped out! O_O So quick! It's because they didn't order the faceup. o_o

2. I think I need him. I've figured out where he fits in my cast of characters... kind of a stretch to get a doll of this sidelines kind of guy but he's been in and out of the story for a few years. I guess he's going to get some spotlight. Not firm on his name yet, he'll be getting the brown face-up I think. But I just keep thinking about this doll, I'm taking it as a sign! :aheartbea

3. Yay! :D
      What kind of guy will he be?

4. Well, there's this on again/off again boyfriend who goes with Max (Musedoll first version Re-Che) who has been floating around off-camera for a while to sort of keeping Max's ex from trying to get back together with him. What keeps the ex away is that the new boyfriend is very small and nice and somewhat harmless and is generally better for Max than he ever was. Max isn't really in love with him but he likes him and doesn't like being alone. The catch on this is that the new boyfriend used to be a girl but has gone through or has nearly completed the process of becoming a man. Another thing that really throws off the ex-boyfriendo.

I got sort of a new interest in the concept while watching the Korean drama Coffee Prince. Of course in that story the girl just looks like a boy, but I really like the cute face of the lead girl/boy. I think the RUY head will pull off this character idea quite nicely! Now I want to think of a nice sweet/cute sounding Korean name for him.

Hopefully I can place my order tomorrow.

5. Ooooh, boyfriend already, huh? :D :aheartbea Poor boy though! To think Max only uses him because he's lonely. T_T

6. I... I think my head shipped out today. O_O
      If it was, that was certainly not five weeks. O_O Wow!

7. Oh! Wow!

Did you order a blank head? I just ordered mine now, I asked for the brown faceup but with the eyelashes done in the style of the gray faceup. I'm so excited!

Do you have a body waiting or have the one you want to get decided on? And which skintone did you order? My guy will have to share for a bit while I try for SD Charlotte. I'm leaning towards the Aria doll Elegance boy body but I think their resin coloring can differ from batch to batch.

8. I ordered normal skin with the grey faceup, so I thought it would take longer. o_o Gosh, I hope that's mine, it sure looks like it might be. O_O

But no, I don't have a body waiting yet. I am selling off the bodies I do have because they are both too large and not the right skin tone for most of my heads. Hopefully soon though I will be able to afford the FDoll body I'm eying for this head and my Migidoll head to share.
      I just told my sister today that I bought him. She wanted to know what was wrong with me, since I've got four floating SD heads now and no bodies for them. :XD: Five if you count both Bambu heads. >_> I have clothes for him though, so yay? XD

9. Awesome to think I could get him home so soon. I better do some research and figure out his name.

He can borrow one of my SD boy bodies for now, I do like to put a doll together when I first get them. Find the right eyes/wig/outfit and I think I already have the things I need for him!

10. Eep! I've ordered a RUY [ns, no faceup] too~ Such a cute sculpt and fits so good for a character of mine >w< He's going to be my moody gamer guy, Anssi~
      Since the day I've only had characters from different stories, wich is kind of sad, since they kind of "can't interact" with each other. But this new sweetheart will be the counterpart of an existing doll~ They're going to be so cute <3

11. Bweh heh heh, the Ruys spread! :aheartbea
      Congrats Sinlaean!

Oooy, I looked through my 16mm eyes and most of them are pupil-less. T_T I need to throw more money at DD-Anne again soon.

12. Guess who came home today? X3 :aheartbea Blurry picture time!

[​IMG]

I opened the container and was overwhelmed a bit by the new resin smell, but my boy is so pretty!! I just named him Sage, it seems to work well for him! :D I also did a quick resin comparison with my dolls. My Migidoll NS Volks from whatever year looks the closest in color, so I think it'll work out well sharing bodies. :D Now my boy needs a nice dark wig and some new eyes. :aheartbea The faceup is really nice too, this is my first doll I've ever bought the faceup with, and the first entirely with lashes applied. I gotta keep it nice for as long as possible. Face mask forever!! O_O
      Check out what else I got too:

[​IMG]
      Bag of treats. Score!! :aheartbea :aheartbea

13. Oooh, gotta agree with that!
      Her face shape and overall aura feels just like DreamingDoll Sally, but Ruy has more 'wavy' eyes (the lower eyelid is so pronounced) and thicker lips, definitely ^^

Lovely sculpt, though :D

Edit : and can anyone tell me what girl body they use to picture the head? The one in this picture and this picture. The body looks so nice!

14. Whoa, congrats to you too Pandy! :o Sage is a lovely name~

lileychristie: My guess is that it's Ariadolls elegance body. AIR site states that the head is compatible with that and Delf girl body. I don't think Delf girl has that kind of elbows..?

15. Oooh, you're right! I don't know that ariadoll body has double jointed elbows!
      Thanks for the info ^o^

The resin match with AIR is perfect too, that body will be my first choice if I have the head :D

16. Heee, thanks. :aheartbea
      Man, I got my head so early I don't have a body or a nice wig, or even a squishy eraser to keep his eyes in. o_o It's nice having him here though, so I can plot with him. Bweh heh heh...
      I need to eat me some candy while I shop. :D

Also, just re-named my boy to Basil. This is an interesting process going on here in my brain. >_>

17. Pandy -- Congratulations! He is gorgeous!!!

Lileychristie-- I agree about the waviness of the eyes! ;) The Ariadoll body is just lovely as well!

18. I couldn't resist Shouji (yep he had a name when I first saw him) cuteness *3* so I order him in NS with Gray face-up
      and I'm planning to put him on luts JDF body *crossing my fingers for the match to be good*

19. Eep, my RUY arrived today~ I was surprised how huuuge he is! o.o To me, he looks off on the bobobie 60cm body, and the neck hole is a bit big, I think. Ooboy. I might have to go for a 70cm body... Anyone have suggestions on bodies on the range 60-70 that are wider or beefier than bobobies body? x D

The resin seems way lighter than Ninodolls normal skin.

20. Hee! Thanks Masala! :aheartbea

Oh! I still have a BBB 70cm body with me, even if it's dyed a different color and unstrung. If you want, I can get you picture of the proportion on the torso part for reference, but it'll have to be a bit later when I'm using my lappy again.
      But I am kind of nervous now. I wanted a shorter body for Basil, but I also don't want him to look bobble headed. >_>