1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

RUY by A.I.R disscussion

Jul 15, 2010

1. Bobobies are really thin. Thin bodies and thin necks for their height. Skinny like Dollmore Adam boys. Most other 60cm boys will be beefier.

If you want a body closer to 62cm maybe you could look at a Demon Garden body sold through HappyHouse? They make three colors so one might match and they have a nice sculpt, meaty legs like he plays Soccer/Football. More mature but not too mature for his babyface. It's not my favorite resin type but it's a decent sculpt and they have made some nice improvements in the jointing. And it's really inexpensive.

Hopefully mine will be here soon and I can do some resin comparisons.
      I still haven't settled on his name though. :/

2. Thanks, Pandy! I've actually a 70cm Resinsoul boy stashed back at home, so I'll get to test a combo of 70xRUY when I get back. But please do post pics~ I'm sure they'd help someone in this thread ^u^

Thank you for the advice, idrisfynn~ I never really thought of bobobie's body as thinner than most, oops! But I guess you're right. The Demon Garden body might work, but I'm not sure about the jointing... Ah well! We'll see : D

3. Basil looks funny on the 70cm body. o_o >_>;;

[​IMG]

4. My cutie-pie showed up today, I'm almost settled on a name but I did put him together to see what he's all about. He's on an SD13 boy body but the neck is really just too big. He's going to need a body with a smaller neck in a pinkier skin-tone. I do like this height for him though so maybe something more similar to a Delf body will do. I'll investigate this later though, with the right angles I can fake this head on an SD13 temporarily.

Here he is with the brown default faceup but with the lashes done like the ones on the Gray version:

[​IMG]

5. congrats idristynn :)

I'm having my hopes up to put my boy on JDF body after your post
      I just can't wait to have him home.

*It's seems I'm the only one left

6. Oooh, congrats on your new boy! :D
      But whoa, I didn't expect the neck to be too big or the resin to be off like that. I don't have any experience with many SD bodies besides FDoll and RS, so please let me know what body ends up working out for you and your boy! Cutie cutie cutie! :aheartbea

7. I purchased an Ariadoll Classic boy body in hopes it will work. It's the same height as the SD13 but has a much slimmer neck. I should have it by this weekend and we'll see what happens.

And so you know, I tried some Dollshe Urethane eyes and no surprise really - they are too round for Ruy's eye sockets. He easily fit the 16mm Zoukimura and DropRops eyes I have since they are wide and flat but his eye wells are very thick and they were darker colors so they completely disappeared. No light was getting in and they all looked too dark.

So in the pic I posted he's wearing Gina Rolo's Hands glass eyes, 16mm Caramel. I think 16mm is the smallest he can wear but he could go 18mm if you want a dewier look. And think of going a shade or two lighter than you think if you want to really see the color unless you are choosing something really bright and vibrant.

And he really does have a huge round noggin, all of those Leekeworld wigs that look so great in their big round heads Volks models like School A and the Four Sisters should look great on this guy too.

8. Yeah, I noticed that about the eyes too. I am really limited on what I have, so I settled for now on my sister's silicone eyes for him, I think the seller said they were Luts eyes. They are pretty light though, so they look really washed out on him. I am a little disappointed that most of my glass eyes have domes that don't work well in his eye sockets. I guess I ought to invest in some higher quality eyes for him than the cheap glass ones I usually get. o_o
      You think sanding out the eye wells a little bit would work well? I would like to have eyes sit better, but I don't know if that kind of thing would change how he looks or not.

9. His eye wells are so thick and very flat on the inside they could use beveling but I'm not sure you could bevel them out enough and make it look right without the risk of damaging his MSC layer and because of that his face-up. If I decide to ever get my Ruy repainted, then I'll think about beveling. I'll live with him the way he is for now. >_<

I think silicone eyes are good for Ruy, I only have Soom silicone in 14mm and those are too small. I have an eye buying "problem" when it comes to urethane, I don't really need much of an excuse to buy more of them. However, I think my favorite eye fit for Ruy from my storage bin were the 16mm Zoukeimuras so first I'm going to poke around for some of those, then I'll start looking at other types including urethane, glass and silicone.

If you did want to go for urethane just try to get some that are made more flat instead of round so Droprops, Dollflower or Everpurples should be safe.

10. I guess DT15 seem to be the best choice for him? ><

11. I could try the Ruy head for fit but my DT15 is white so I can't show them together for color matching... though now that I think of it I do have a Dollshe body here that is in the Dollstown Oriental skin that is a close match to Volks NS only pinkier. So that might work.

I'll check it out tomorrow. It's after midnight and I'm feeling too lazy to carry dolls back and forth, swap parts, take pics. :yawn

12. Waah! I don't want to ruin his faceup, so I guess I'll have to go with some new eyes then. Thanks for the suggestions on what to try! I usually only buy DD-Anne's imperfect ones, so I don't tend to look at other companies for others. However, I'd do it for my lovely boy. I love him so much! I can't wait to get him a wig and body.

I can't wait to see pictures idrisfynn! I've actually been looking for an excuse to try a Dollstown body. OwO

13. Okay, I got my Ariadoll 16 years Classic in the mail today and did some resin comparisons and head swapping and I posted the results ----> [thread=391068]over here in Picture Requests.[/thread]

I'm super happy with the Aria Classic. Nice sculpt, good poseability and I think it suits the look I'm going for with him. Oh and I settled on a name for him! You can call him Swift. ^__^

14. I've been fascinated with this doll head for quite a while now, and recently I finally bought one!

[​IMG]

It just arrived yesterday, and I think it's GORGEOUS! What an amazing sculpt!
      I'm hoping to paint it soon.

Has anyone else done anything with their AIR Ruy head? Are there any new owner photos? I'd love to see them. :D

15. I recently finished painting my A.I.R. Ruy head, and plonked her back onto the Luts Delf type I body she gets to use:

[​IMG]

I'm still super-psyched about this great sculpt! I've been admiring it for at least a couple of years, and still can't believe I was able to find one on the marketplace!

Kinda sad to think this sculpt is so unloved... :(