1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sacramento KCRA Channel 3 ABJD Story [ON AIR NOV.15th]

Sep 7, 2007

1. So that was your doll? You're a better person than me, because I would have been standing right off camera, and they'd have had to reshoot after I screamed and ran to get my doll away from the stupid news lady. Good grief.

2. She is my husband's Volks Kurumi. :) Greg made the chainmaille and gathered the rest of the outfit from previously made clothes.

3. The KCRA report was nice - it's great that there was some hoppy exposure there. I love to see potential growth in hobbies.

Too bad they got so many of their facts wrong, and the voiceover placement choices were so frequently...awkward. :sweat :doh

4. After seeing the promos I was afraid the actual report would be awful, but I would say all in all they did a nice report.Although the actual station's footage was better then the YouTube one as the sound was a whole lot better. MK

5. Well it is not a Barbie doll that's for sure and the fact that she said they are expensive is true, but she did make it seem like everyone was in a "cult" or overly obessesed, gee I know there are worse things to get addicted to besides bjd's. And I am glad the store manager at the Volks store would not give her a dollar amount on how much the store makes in profit, that was rude and insulting. Could have been longer, but hey that's the media.

6. XD;; My very first reaction was when the news reporter plucked off the wig- "Aargh, manhandling!! It'll get tangled!"
      I think they did a good job showing the collectors as any other hobby, and not as some fanatics or anything. It just made me want to go to the LA store even more, though. D:

7. Aww, that's quite a nice report, it was pretty optimistic rather than saying we were all nutcases. I wish people who came round here to report on our pet rats and rat shows were that level headed, we've had some pretty skeptical people reporting on that hobby. I wonder if any of the people featured on the video are DOA members?

8. Oh wow, I actually REALLY enjoyed that report. :o It was very nice, definitely more complimenting than the usual "aarghexpensivedollswtfD:<." And now I want to go to the Volks store pretty badly. Soooo many clothes. *_*

9. Alana, check some of the earlier posts. Yes they are DoA members.

10. Oh I had forgotten about the news guys...
      Well I will have to wait a long while, but I will totally watch it...

11. I'm shocked...to see that I think (the dress can't be seen properly) I'm the original owner and seamtress of the dress that is wearing the doll at the studio, on the table.

I even posted pictures years ago here in DoA
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29182

I can't talk about the video yet because I couldn't concentrate on the video while I was watching it XDDD

PD: Whose is the dress now? I'm curious...

12. It's kind of weird to see that.. but.. at the same time really cool. Just.. kind of.. wow to see that stuff on TV. *_*

13. Wow! I owned that dress for a while and then sold it to the woman who arranged the interview (not the one talking in the video). So, yes.. it is indeed the dress you made :)

14. Thanks for telling me! It's surprising how far a dress can travel XD.