1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sacramento KCRA Channel 3 ABJD Story [ON AIR NOV.15th]

Sep 7, 2007

1. Fixed.
      :)

2. I saw the first preview for the story today~! I cant wait for the rest 0_0

3. I'm sorta mad at the commercials. I have yet to see it, and I've been watching for it, but my friend saw one of the promo commercials, and she says that the word "creepy" is used to describe the dolls.

Also she said that they were playing this weird music in the background. Apparently, it also flashes a shot of my face. :XD: My friend also said something about how they say "these collectors are ADDICTED".

I'm kinda mad that in the promotions, they are putting the dolls and collectors in a bad light and making them seem like freaks.

I talked to Millicent, and she says that a different department was incharge of promotion, and she didn't see the commercials, but only the actual interview. She said that it made her angry that the commercials are like this, while the actual segment talks about how amazing they are. :|

4. ...Nell (On LoST) said she saw one of the teasers and it did not put the hobby in a favorable light. As a matter of fact...
      ...that's absolutely not cool. Seriously. If I'd known that KCRA was going to be like this about any of it, I would never, ever have accepted the invite. If the actual segment is anything like that, you can be certain they will be hearing from me.

5. Oh I am REALLY not happy about this. I traveled from San Francisco as a favor to the gal, and now it looks like they have shed us in a really poor light. I have family in Sacramento! If this turns out badly, I will be at KCRA in a heartbeat knocking some heads together. :x

6. I'm always leary whenever people want to do "stories" about bjds and information about them. Sometimes they are nice, and other times, they seem to want to make everyone look bad. I just generally stay away from people who want to video record or ask tons of "interview" type questions. That happened at a con a while back. Someone was asking tons of questions, and it started making me really uncomfortable. Almost like i was being grilled.

7. I'm both excited and scared to see this :XD: We can see how the (let's face it, usually over the top creepy-volks-ceremony-havin') Japanese interviews translate over to Americans.
      Ah, doll-addicts, I'm guessing the promotional people have dolly phobias. (Though if that's the case, they probably shouldn't piss off a bunch of 'creepy, rabid doll addicts' :mwahaha)

And, if nothing else, I might get to see Neon on TV with Freddy Kreuger playing in the background!?! :o ........sweeeeet :lol:

8. I'm a little urked...but at the same time, I suppose I can understand why its being promoted as it is. Ratings are the cornerstone to a news channel's success, and people become better interested in a story if its passed off the way ours was. I dont want to sound like a traitor >.<; but I hope the actual story is very different.

9. I would say if it's put on YouTube everyone with an account there post their true feelings about the story. MK

10. oooo...a friend of Lyssa's just called and said she saw the promo. Apparently Lyssa and I are on it and Lyssa is talking about how she has characters for her dolls in her head. Apparently the slant was obsessive and negatively joking about her "obsession". I am not happy. Time to watch channel 3 and see this.

11. I'm not sure what was used, but my friends and I were in the Volks store when they were filming and interviewing the staff. We saw all the filming, her explanations of the products/dolls, "these dolls aren't chump change" and you can change everything from eye balls to feet. I almost remember everything word-to-word. It seemed pretty positive and they said they would send Volks a copy of the interview and spot, but I have no idea if they would or not.

We can only HOPE they showed it in a positive light. If they used the stuff we saw and all the dialog and so forth in front of our dolls on the counter, it really looked positive. But with creative over-dub and so forth, it could change. But you know, this is TV and they want to get as many viewers to watch that spot as possible. If they do spots that show, "come watch a fluff piece on a bunch of doll collectors" who will really want to see that? So, I think they are really going to spin the comericals to show the drama.

I'm just hoping for the best. If it's bad... :roll:

12. I just saw the promo spot and while I'm not exactly thrilled with it, I'm hoping along with Mercy that the spin the promo takes is intended to draw in viewers and that the actual segment will be more balanced.

My problem with the promo is that the shot of Lyssa is taken out of context. In the actual interview she was answering a question on how she interacts with the dolls. She explained that she has stories/characters for them in her head. In the promo it sounds as if she is living completely in a fantasy world and is hearing voices. As her mom, it pisses me off that they make her look like a whacko. I can deal with myself being viewed as an obsessive freak with a tenuous grasp on reality, but I'm ticked that the promo makes her look that way.

13. I think they'd get in HUGE legal trouble if they had promised a tasteful article to Volks and ended up portraying their dolls very negatively...

14. November is sweeps month for Television. This is their ratings period to get as many viewers to watch their channel and shows as possible.

So series on the news are really hyped up. Lots of promos air hyping the news stories. Just put a VCR to record on that local channel during local programming if you want to catch the promos. Some are 10 secs other are 30 seconds.

And Yes..the promotions department is separate from the news department.

I hope the segment goes well. The fact that the station held it to air during sweeps must mean it's pretty good. I can't wait to see it.

15. The promo department is in fact separate from the news department, Millicent herself just saw the promo Saturday night, made a few calls and starting today it won't be shown anymore, she was as peeved as all of you. If its any condolences the actual piece is nothing like that (from what I've heard) she says its "cute". Sorry for the drama.

16. Good. I really couldn't imagine Millicent had anything to do with such a nasty little piece of programming! My thanks to her for making those calls; my room mate (who is freaked out by our dolls) saw it and spent hours today ranting and raving about how horrible it was. I'm relieved to hear it shouldn't be airing again.

Sweeps week or not, that sort of "promotion" is totally uncalled for when all those participating were informed that any footage used would be done in a tasteful manner.

17. That is utterly ridiculous. It's amazing how society can praise a drugged up, whore of a celebrity mom, and then take something as innocent as a doll collection and call it "unhealthy obsession". I'm glad that they have taken the commercial off air, and can only hope beyond hope that thew actual segment is something to be praised upon.

18. unfortunately, no. Freedom of speech allows them to portray it however they wish. They could only get into trouble if they OUTRIGHT say that anyone they interviewed has mental problems or disorders/hearing voices. That branches into a whole new area of slander. But they are allowed to portray our hobby any way they wish. :( :: sigh :: I certainly hope that they will not make us look like wierd creepy doll people, but unfortunately, it's likely.

If anyone gets a link to the youtube showing of it, i'd love to see it however. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that they are open-minded, instead of judgemental.

19. Although I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until I see the whole segment, that's VERY good news to hear. >__>;;; The promo really bugged me. More so that they'd be shedding a bad light on VOLKS.

Hopefully, everything will be alright, and that the segment really is different from the promo spots. (hehe. I already had some choice words for KCRA if they portrayed us as rabid, 'unhealthily obsessed' fans. hehe). Good or bad, I kinda can't wait to see it still (and now I realize that was probably the point of the promotions department doing what they did). I'm a dork~!!!! :P

20. I hope someone records it, as I don't get that channel down here. :)

Here is hoping for the best~

~Anrui