1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sacramento KCRA Channel 3 ABJD Story [ON AIR NOV.15th]

Sep 7, 2007

1. I was just watching L&O SVU, and they just ran the promo which made cringe a little thinking of what I will have to put up from family, friends, and coworkers after they see the report.

I'm hoping it will be better than the promo, but if feels like they are making everyone look like people who collect cats.. way beyond the healthy point.

It would not have been such a shock if they had not used scary movie music and, and maybe added in a few different collectors, and their dolls in the promo.

I'm still going to record it on my dvr to watch when I get home from work.

2. I'm really happy that the promo commericals were taken off air. I'm sure that the actual segment will be great.

:)

3. The promo was taken off! Thank god...it made them sound soooo creepy and i now one of the doll owners! the used creepy lighting and music so...they just made it sound wired like we're possessed of something.

4. I am way across the country and therefore will be waiting to see the segment on YouTube, but I am wondering if anyone has put the promo up or maybe has seen it up? Here's another person hoping that the actual segment shines a good light on BJD collectors. I mean, you guys would all know it was just the station, but I would hate to imagine you guys being pointed at and called horrible things on the street or something because of some people who were completely mislead by the media. With our hobby not being so mainstream we need all the GOOD press we can get. GOOD LUCK! ^_^

5. I'm just mad ok...it make's most of the people sound like total freaks! If as the new's say's (Everyone will want one) Well good by having the doll's be special and well the'll porbably still think of us as wired but i think a lot or people will want one...and well then the price will go down and...and...my rant is done.

Sorry.

6. Honestly, I'm not concerned about how people will see us. I'll get over it. But if there's anything that directly shines a negative light on the hobby, my feelings wont remain indifferent. However, I doubt Millicent would let that happen. ^^

7. Don't be sorry.

My boyfriend and I were discussing this earlier and whether or not small exposure like this would lead to more popularity.

Honestly, we both don't think so. Considering the price of BJDs and the fact that they are not for children per say, I simply can not see any noticeable difference in the amount of interest the hobby generates.

Most teenage members here who are not on their own income have ran into problems with their parents thinking these dolls are too expensive. That won't change just because they've gotten a little publicity. Not to mention I've heard from so many people outside the hobby how concerned they are about durability and the fact that the resin is prone to yellowing with sun exposure and the delicate nature of faceups. From my observations, parents are more willing to spend large amounts on “toys” for their younger kids, not their teens. And since these are not “toys” for young children, we can't logically expect a sudden surge.

I think the news segment will largely generate two reactions from people outside the hobby. Either they'll think “Ehh!! Creepy!” and then forget about it. Or they'll think “Hey, those are neat!” and... Likely still forget about it shortly after. I think the amount of people who will take away a lasting impression and interest in the nature of the BJD community will be quite small.

My two cents.

But.... I really can't wait to see how this turns out. I'm sure the segment will show the dolls and hobbyists honestly!

8. I'm so glad they've quit airing the promos, they made me ANGRY every time I saw them! They were casting such a negative light on the hobby that I'm a bit worried how the story itself will turn out!

Though honestly, if you think about it. Their promo itself could do damage because I know tons of people will only ever see that negatively slanted promo and not the whole story!

9. Has anyone posted the promos yet? And someone PLEASE post it on Youtube with a link!

10. Well I recored one but it has no sound if you'd like me to put it up i will.

11. Please do.

12. Wow, thank you. That was interesting. They really edited things in a.. horrible way. But hay, everyone looks good!

13. :( somehow the promo felt...quite negative...I'm really hoping that the actual story is a positive one...yea it does in a way make us BJD collectors seem....crazy...this is why I don't watch tv too much anymore...:| the media somehow always ruins a good light to things...I'm not so sure if this story is a good thing or not...but of course can't help but be curious and tune into it.

14. Vince_Twilight,

Thanks for putting the Promo up. Can't wait to see the story.

15. Oh wow... Sad to say I laughed a little bit at their ignorance of how they portrayed it all. It makes me want to make a video of someone saying, "Yeah I just spent 5,000 for these rims on my car, because I love it. Cars are my life." Sounds stupid doesn't it? Put the same music with it and then maybe people will realize that their hobbies look just as "weird" or "freaky" to us. X3

16. Wow, that was even worse than I imagined it. I'm glad Millicent took that off the air because that's slander in the highest form. >.<

17. WOW, that's bad. I can see why the complaints. X_x

I hope the actual segment isn't so crappy.

~Anrui