1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sartoria J Design Group - Part 2

Nov 22, 2020

1. Oooh, I had planned for an Espresso Jude too!
      Would you say this image is true to his color in real too? He seems to have an orange undertone, similar to how Supia/Limwha looked like at one point :abambi:
      If you happen to have some Iple light brown tan at hand, could you compare the two?

2. I would definitely compare him more to the Supiadoll Original tan color of having an orangy undertone to his skin.
      [​IMG]

If you are thinking that he's close to iplehouse lt brown or dark brown, you would be completely mistaken.

I find he doesn't quite fit in with that kind of shade at all. It's my opinion and to borrow a friend's words, "they don't meld well together."

I mean no offense towards SartoriaJ lighting skill on their promo shots, but they do not show what the skin tones really are like and I would suggest to people to be prepared for that so they are not surprised by the skin tone like I was, when they get their dolls. In the promo shot he did not have this color of shade.

#22 Bren, Dec 10, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    3. Thank you for the images, that's what I had feared tbh :sweat

I have a group of brown skinned dolls (and since you have Iples I just hoped one of them is light brown, since I know that color) and he would have been the adult form of a character I already have here as kid.
      This color would have not fit at all, both within the group and for that character.

I completely agree with you that Sartoria really washes out the color. I had already been on the fence about it from their pictures, but this actually makes me relieved I didn't buy the doll yet. It's a total shame, and I also don't understand why they use such a shade for their darkest. They talk about realistic skin colors, but this looks way too much like a spray tan :(

4. Does anyone have a doll in the Amber Beige colour?
      I would really like to buy a doll in that colour but their pictures aren’t really the best at showing the true colour of the resin.

5. @luluna Thank you for that, it is good to know!

6. the majority of my crew are lt browns and he doesn't fit in with them. If I had known or had an inkling of the true shade of this color, I would have gotten him in Amber beige instead because I have never been fond of that supia orangy brown color. And yes, I have to say that it does look like a version of spray tan. I had to change his whole character around to something that would work with how he in reality is. And now he's become a Golden with bronze tint color Dragon, reason why he has that sheen when in his humanoid form. I renamed him Xiuhcoatl or Xi for short. An Ancient Mayan Warrior. A loner. Some times you got to roll the best that you can with what life throws at you. I had no choice, it was that or sell him. And I hate dealing with what goes with selling. Now buying, now that's a whole different story. LOL ;)

He is a beautiful sculpt and with the color tone down, he would have been perfect. II called this one "Xi in the shadows"
      (color manipulated to a brown I would have loved to see him as)
      [​IMG]

I have the old formula and it was very nice. I really liked it. Luluna has shared hers in new formula and it looks very nice from her pictures. So you should be happy with that color I believe.

@luluna

ahh and there he is. So handsome. Thanks for sharing him. :love

#27 Bren, Dec 10, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    7. @Bren regarding your photo of SartoriaJ’s body compare with Iplehouse HID guy, I’d like to know if there’s any possibility to hybrid SJ head on HiD male boys? How does the neck parts looks like? Thanks in advance!

anyone owns a Joshua? I’m eyeing on him, realized that he is a limited sculpt and I just missed his preorder last month...:doh

edit:
      One more question, what skintone from Iplehouse is close to SJ’s? Especially the warm ivory or peach cream.

8. @Bren I am so glad that the colour so close to iplehouse’s real skin as it is one of my favourite skin tones of theirs.

9. I don't know how close the new formula is to the Iplehouse RS, since I have the old heads that seem to match the French resin RS better. So if you are trying to match older Heads I can't guarantee anything. Jay told me when I asked about an older Peach cream Jude head, that the old formula would not match any of the new formula. (which bummed me out) But if you are looking to get a full/completed doll then I think Amber beige will be one that appears closer to RS. I don't want to mislead you and have you be disappointed.

@Khlovera

the area where the s hook goes it looks like a normal one with 3 slots to change the angle of the head. Whether or not it works with the HID more muscular and thicker neck. I don't know, I haven't tried that. Even iple other EID heads may or may not work with it. It guess it depends on your taste. Some sit on top of the neck while others it's a lot more obvious from what I've seen.

#30 Bren, Dec 11, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    10. And my 51cm Jude arrived yesterday...:XD: Again in Amber Beige resin.

[​IMG]Jude by luluna33, on Flickr

11. @Bren I am just happy that it will be similar that the colours will complement each other.
      @luluna He is absolutely gorgeous!

12. I was surprised to see that the head did fit the HID body. I didn't think it would. It actually seemed to covered the neck all around compared to other heads.

*pics have been deleted.

@Ara & @Mahgiep

The good news is that my Jude (XI) legs do not hang like other reported. So when I checked, it looks like they strung him up thru the torso down to the legs. So he can be strung up the usual way. So his legs do not hang. I don't know if it was a fluke where someone did it the usual way, or SartoriaJ has changed it to stop them from hanging. So there you go guys. That can be fixed if you want.

#33 Bren, Dec 11, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    13. @Bren thank you SO much for these amazing photos! They did helped a lot!
      I’m now keeping in mind about how gorgeous this combination could be! Kanda wanted to hybride Joshua on HID body, just looks great :chibi

14. @Khlovera

I'm glad that you saw them and that they could helped you out. I have deleted them cause I really hate seeing those two colors together. :barf:ablah:

15. Jarrad is the master of the wolves.
      [​IMG]

16. Oh gosh he's so stunning!

17. @Bren I don't see any photos in your post...is there a link to them that I am missing?

18. @lenacat26

Stunning is the word that comes to mind. I love everything about him. And I'm happy to see another Jarrad. You done a wonderful job at doing his character.

@skyealloway

I'm sorry. There's no link I deleted them. I hate seeing those two resins together like that, it really bothers me and I would not want my Xi character to be represented like that. I only did it to show Khlovera, but it wasn't something I wanted or planned to keep here forever. Perhaps it would have been wiser to have just pmed her. It's my bad and for that I apologize. I will go and edit completely my post.

19. @skyealloway
      I didn’t save the photo neither because I don’t have the chance to PM @Bren to ask for credit, but it’s enough for me. Thanks again to Bren that showed it to me and let me know that there’s a possibility to hybride SJ’s head on HID body, I can’t be more satisfied :hug: thanks and sorry for the trouble.

@lenacat26 your man is really stunning! Please share more pic of him in the future :evilplot:

I’m so bad and I’m now eyeing on Naomie, love her sweet, innocent but also very sexy face...my friend who’s not bjd related told me that it’s time for me to show some kind of loyalty to my crew :sweat