1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sartoria J Design Group - Part 2

Nov 22, 2020

1. I agree. I think sometimes the sculpts get lost in translation between the sizes. For me, I've found this with a few companies that have created different sizes of the same character.

2. @Bluenocs I think she is absolutely lovely! Face up, skin color, I really really like her. And I totally regret having her only in MSD size ... but alas, no space for big dolls anymore. I hope you can bond with her, she is so worth it!

3. @Bluenocs

She’s gorgeous! I should get my Dominic this week. Let hope he is as wonderful as your girl. The pictures are terrific.

4. Sartorial is having a final sale in the 63 curvy body until May 16.

5. What does "final sale" mean?
      That they are not selling it anymore?

6. @luluna from what I understand (from their promo email) SarotiraJ is going to release a new female body which will call as Aphrodite 61 (possibly an upgraded version of their fashion size Aphrodite 45 body?) the curvy body will be discontinued after the new release, so we have one last chance to order their girls with curvy body before may 16th, all these infos are from their promo email, but nothing shown on their website or official ins yet.

7. Have they posted any photos of the new body? Hard to know whether to go for the final sale or wait. :/

8. @Khlovera - Ahhh...that makes sense. Thanks! :)

I'll have to check out the smaller Aphrodite 45...to try to figure out what is different.

Edited to add:

So the current body is taller? "Curvy 63" and the new body is only 61? Or am I just confused?:nowords:

9. I’m sure they will explain soon. But I assume they are going to replace the 63 with a shorter SD body with less curves in the future which will still fit the clothes.

10. I'm surprised that they went shorter instead of longer. Their males are tall. Or are they changing the male as well. I sure hope not. I love the Male body the way it is.

And I thought their smaller female bodies were the same as their big bodies. yep. A little confusing alright.

11. Maybe they decided to do a body more similar to the semi-standard SD16 shape? It would be smart, even if it means owners wouldn't be limited to only SartoriaJ clothing.

12. Hopefully they will post pictures comparing both the bodies soon.

13. My assumption is that it'll be a larger replica of the MSD aphrodite body. I prefer the aphrodite body: it appears that the legs are a bit shorter and the hips (while still "ample") aren't as wide as the curvy hips. For me, when I see the aphro body, I see a nice flow or cohesion between body parts. With the curvy version, all I see are hips.

14. It does seem strange that they would go shorter...I'm guessing the boys are big like Iplehouse EID are, and if that's the case, a "regular" 60cm SD girl looks too small with them (in my opinion.) That said I was put off by the curvy body, so I am curious what they're going to do. I really want an Eleanor, but I was going to have to hybrid her somehow...maybe now I won't have to?

15. I was torn on him at the time but now I regret not getting Dominic and his armor set so much. Still I’ll be excited to see what they come out with going forward.

I’m really sad about the curvy 63 body being discontinued. It’s such a gorgeous body and I like the option to have a taller, curvier girl. I don't think there are any similar bodies on the market. I wish they would add the new body in addition to the Curvy 63.

#135 Chikku, May 4, 2021
      Last edited: May 5, 2021
    16. Anyone thinking about Dan? I really like his Renaissance clothes. His face seems similar to Jude . I'll have to study and see what the differences are.

17. I like Dan but I have no room for another large doll! I am on a buying hiatus until I sell some!

18. Dan's really handsome. Can't wait to see customs!

Quick question to those who have SartoriaJ women-- I had a wig question. What size do they wear? I've seen 7-8 and 8-9, so just wanted to confirm with actual owners. :D

19. Oh, I like Dan! Any idea how long he's for sale? I'm not seeing any dates anywhere...

20. The picture in their email said May 23 but the banner picture says May 30th!