1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SartoriaJ Mini Part II

Aug 19, 2023

1. [​IMG]

And while I'm at it - my Jenice with the corset bust in a new Tudor dress I made!!! (Also wearing her new eart of a Fairy eyes). This body is so perfect for sewing historical clothes for, I love it so much! I think I need to alter the fit of the bodice slightly, but I'm pretty pleased with it. Made with Christmas quilting fabric - I love it when you find random things that work for dolls, even when they weren't intended for it!

2. Thank you!!!

3. @morganatron She looks lovely! The fabric is just perfect for a smaller doll.

4. Thank you both!!!

5. Dominic and Miho...
      [​IMG]

6. So I ordered a doll from SartoriaJ on the 1st August last year. In December they told me it would be ready to ship mid January but that came and went without any news. I messaged them mid February and they said she will be shipped within 10 days which has now passed without any news. Is this normal? I've noticed that other people who ordered around the same time as me already have their dolls. I don't really want to keep pestering them but I'd like to know what's happening. Any advice?

7. No, that´s not normal. Normally Jay is super helpful and open with information. Just keep asking them. But I wouldn´t worry too much, so far everyone here got their dolls in the end :)

8. A quiet afternoon during the holidays...
      [​IMG]

9. @Loganberry - It is getting more 'normal". I had a June order that came on the last days of Dec. My June order took longer than something I then ordered in July. Wait just a bit longer and I bet it will ship out soon. Jay is usually very good and conscientious.

10. The New Year celebrations slow down everything at this time of year.

11. Thanks for your replies it's made me feel a bit better :). I know I'll get her, it's just annoying being told she'll ship and then nothing happens.

12. @Loganberry I ordered two dolls in May, received one in November and the second one came 5 weeks later. I had thought they would ship together?...

13. I think different sculpts get sent to different faceup artists...so that could be the reason dolls ordered at the same time arrive separately. I also had that happen to me.

14. Melissa finally arrived and she was so worth the wait!

She's my first SartoriaJ doll and I'm just so impressed. I want an army of them :XD:

[​IMG]

15. She surely is beautiful! Very impressive face up! She looks so lively

16. She is gorgeous! Would you mind sharing where you found her beautiful brown eyes?

17. @Ashemanu thanks, I'm really pleased with the face up. I think SartoriaJ has great default face ups.

@bdrlmoe68 thanks! They're actually a pair of default acrylic eyes that came with one of my iplehouse dolls. I'll be switching them for a resin pair eventually. They look brighter than they usually do because it was a really sunny day. :)