1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SartoriaJ Mini Part II

Aug 19, 2023

1. I had to take advantage of yesterday's snow, and took Matias to the Ruins Gardens...
      [​IMG]

2. Beautiful picture and to think of snow just before Palm Sunday.

3. Thank you. We got more snow than we had all 'winter', so I've been taking full advantage.

4. Finding out recently about Sartoriaj from a sale post on Facebook, I caughed up only today with this thread and these dolls are absolutely amazing :D I am also in admiration with how talented everyone here is, with the beautiful outfits you make, and your pictures making these magnificent dolls stand out, now it makes me wanna get the one I saw :sweat

5. Nice to see another fan of the SJ wagon. LOL. They have been coming out with some fantastic dolls that's for sure. Just curious which one had caught your eye. My favorite is and will be Jude, unfortunately he is no longer made, but I love seeing pictures of him.

here is a black and white one of him.

[​IMG]

6. Welcome, also glad to have another convert!!! :D They're such beautiful dolls, aren't they!
      I haven't posted my (still unnamed!) Jenice girl in a while, so here she is, in an outfit I made for her. Well, actually, it's an outfit for another doll I don't have yet, I intend to get another SJ girl but the perfect sculpt hasn't come up yet - but her clothes will be ready when it happens!
      [​IMG]

I'm also waiting on a Phillip, ordered him in December. Looking forward to making some boys clothes too!!! Hoping he gets here soon, but I think the wait time is around 6 months at the moment - anyone know for sure?

7. I fell in love with Ella in the MSD series with the company faceup. I love how natural-looking she is, there is something also very peaceful about her that is exactly what I love <3
      But just after posting here, I also found out on their "La Pou Pée" line and I love how poseable the body is ! I haven't really fallen for one of their releases so far, but I can't wait to see what other characters they'll offer. (to be fair, a perfect match for me would be the Ella head on the La Pou Pée body for her to be a bit smaller since I am not used to MSD anymore :sweat but the original body is beautiful as well)
      I find too bad that we do not see much of the company because they definitely deserve more recognition ! Their work is amazing

@morganatron I am speechless, not only are your dolls sublime, but these outfits you make are to die for :love

8. I love this dress! Did you use an available pattern?

9. Thank you!!! No, I drafted the pattern myself - I've found the corset bust is such a different body shape to any other dolls the same size (including the same SJ doll but with another type of bust!), that any regular pattern doesn't fit, at least not in the top half - so I'm making all her patterns myself! So far I've got that one, which I might also use to make a 18th century style outfit once I work out how to do the skirt, and I'm working on a Renaissance pattern too.

Thank you so much too, @Lutopienne !!!

10. Excellent work! I will have to dust off my pattern draftlng skills!

11. @morganatron - I agree your medieval dress is just marvelous! I love the way you used the print fabric with the black. Just so lovely!

12. Thank you both so much!!!!

13. Sorry for double post, but the new MSD limited dolls, Eugene and Emma, have gone up for sale!
      I have been waiting and waiting for the perfect female MSD and saving my doll money, and as soon as I saw Emma I knew she was the one - I just went ahead and ordered her! So excited!!! Now to settle in for a long wait until she arrives....

Anyone else going to get one of these two dolls? Or their limited outfits?

14. I am seriously tempted regarding Emma ... especially after watching the new Fallout series on Prime. I like giving my dolls some kind of back story, and she would be nearly perfect for such a scenario.

15. Ooh that would be very cool, I just finished watching that too! She would work very well in that world!

16. @morganatron Grats to your incoming girl :) Since she wouldn´t leave me alone I just ordered her :D Complete with outfit, face up, eyes and manicure ;) And some underwear too! Now I am rather broke, but happy! First time also that I chose the Mintonette body.

17. Ooh congratulations!!! Can’t wait until both our girls arrive!!!

18. I managed to buy a second hand Yu and I love her. Definitely my new favourite. I was gutted when she was discontinued, so I'm very happy to have her in my collection.

[​IMG]

19. Oh she's beautiful, I'm glad you could find one second-hand. Can I ask where you got her wig from?

20. @Crissaegrim thank you! I got the wig from ZergaStudio on etsy. Its size 15cm-16cm, it's not snug but if you use a bit of eye putty it keeps it in place.