1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Saying "thanks" after receiving your doll?

Oct 4, 2009

1. I try to do this if I remember to. In part, I like to let them know the item has arrived safely without problems if that is the case, just like I'd report a problem immediately in the same fashion. (Thankfully, this has never been necessary.)

There's another reason it's sometimes worth the time to do, that being: points. I use them. If there's a reason that I would use them relatively soon after the doll's arrival, having something sit as 'on shipping' for a month or more (which has, amusingly, happened!) when it arrived two days after it was sent isn't helping me scramble my pennies together for that next purchase. ;)

So there's a mixture of gratitude and enlightened self-interest at work there. Admittedly, it's primarily the former in my case. Enough people have had issues with their orders from the company I order from the most often that they hear about regularly that, personally, I don't think it's any skin off my nose to say, "Thank you, everything arrived perfectly, and I love it." When you're often only hearing the bad news regularly, once in a while, hearing some good news can't hurt, even if it takes all of 30 seconds out of the day to read it.

2. I don't typically with companies, unless they did something above and beyond (like AOD helping me with a flaky dealer and Unidoll taking the time to deal with my via e-mail because their website didn't like my MAC). I always message individual sellers, however, so that they know the doll got to me safely and leave positive feedback for good transactions.

3. Ha ha yeah, I do that too XD If they tell me it'll take them ___ amount of days I won't ask them for an update until that number is passed. Souldoll said they would take 5 weeks to make my doll but I didn't get a shipping notice until the 8th week of waiting. So on the 7th week I asked them when they would be shipping. But I also thanked them when Tima got here :) I like hearing people say thank you when I do something for them at work or school so why not?

4. I do all the time to companies. I want to let them know I love and appreciate their product. Too often they only get the complaints and problems.

5. I do sometimes! If i'm reallly happy with the product and their service i'll deffinatly thank them!

6. Well I never did, before, because I thought, why add more to their email pile, right? But then one time a certain seller (company not individual) sent me a bunch of wonderful freebies. I thought, "Gosh, I really should say thanks for this" but I didn't. Then I got an email from *them* saying "Well did you get the stuff???" I felt awful!! XD Of course I then thanked them profusely, but I feel bad about it to this day.

Raven

7. I don't think I did with my first doll, which is a shame because the company was very kind and patient with my nervous pestering.

I did send a little thank you with my payment for my second/current doll, though. c: Simply because I was so ecstatic to have her, and I wanted to company to know I appreciate the work they were putting into her.

8. i say thank you all the time its just a way to appreciate what they done with the doll of a great job they did

9. I've never said thank you.. But you guys are making me think I should say thanks the next time! It's a nice practice and it doesn't really cost anything on my part!

10. I've left a 'thank-you' in the website's Q&A for every doll I've ever bought. *^^* I do the same for all doll purchases though, even if I just bought some clothes or eyes though, LOL. xD

Honestly, many companies feel very touched and grateful that you adore your new doll~ The English rep from Soom even told me once in their reply that they'd been having a difficult time and that my 'thank-you' made their day... ;w; I don't know, it's just a simple, quick gesture that can go a long way. I love doing thank-yous because I AM sincerely grateful for my new doll, and I will certainly continue to keep doing them for both marketplace purchases AND company purchases! <3

11. Honestly, I've never thought about it! O.o Now that I have, though, I'm definitely going to start! :3 I mean, most of my next few dolls will come from larger companies, but that's okay... I think they'll still appreciate it. ^___^

Now I kind of want to go back and thank Everpurple for Allura. @.@

12. My first doll was bought through DDE, and I gave them a huge thank you when my doll shipped and also gave them a good review here.

With Luts, I gave them a thank you in the comments section when the doll was being purchased.

I always thank private sellers either through a PM and I'll give them good feedback.

In general, I think giving good reviews/feedback is a really nice way of showing extra appreciation. Saying thank you anywhere down the road is very polite and I'm sure it's appreciated.

I never thought of using the Q&A board though!

13. I was super happy with my first dollie and off course I wrote a message to B&G dealer, that she arrived safely and I LOVE her :) And I did put a message on messageboard of luts when my kid delf arrived, because luts managers are srsly cute folks, and they love their dollies :) I wanted to let them know that my boy arrived safely and they are best.

Thouth, I didnt wrote a message to dollmore when my zaoll luv arrived :< Dollmore wasnt nearly as nice to me as b&g dealer and luts were, they shipped out my girl two weeks later than promised and didnt seem any sorry about it :\ Also how they answer questions on messageboard... like answering mashine, not real person :\ So, when my girl arrived, I was like THANK GOD I'LL NEVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH THEM EVER AGAIN and even if I was planning on leaving them tiny message, I forgot.

14. I always leave a 'thank you' in the Q&A~
      I think it's nice to let the companies know that they made you very happy ;) Judging from the answers I got, they appreciate the sentiment ^^

15. After receiving my doll I posted a Thank You to DoD on their message board complete with pictures of the dolls dressed and feeling at home. They seem very happy about it so it made me happier in return. :XD:

16. when ordering from junkyspot i always take time to thank emory. and from soom (even if i have issues with my order) i always thank jin lee for helping solve my promblems and for my wonderful doll.

just cause it's a company doesn't mean i loose my manners. i also say thank you to those who help me at stores, be it clerks or sales assosaites. it makes me happy when people say that to me. so i like to do the same

17. If I have developed a relationship with company in the case of both Dollstown and Blue Blood Doll because those are more one on one purchases. Which to me are like buying form some person on a site a doll. You ask questions about dolls and get actual replies as well as I like to let them know when doll has arrived safely. I do same with DDE as well as for people I buy from on DOA, Ebay, ZOZ and so on. But big companies like Soom and Dollmore have tracking so they only need to hear if problems.

18. This hadn't previously occurred to me, but I agree that it would be a nice gesture to leave some positive feedback. Especially when there are so many things that /can/ go wrong, it must be nice for companies to hear good news as well. Making a mental note to do this when my doll arrives!

19. I always pm or email private sellers to let them know the item has arrived and I'm happy with it. I think that should be part of standard transaction ettiquette. Especially with all the flakes out there. It's nice to know a buyer got what you sent and is happy. Then I can relax and file the postal receipts away, and transfer the $ from my paypal to my account with fewer worries.

It's so much better than wondering: did they get it? Or am I going to get a paypal claim a month down the line with no prior communication saying the item was never delivered is broken or whatever?

I buy most of my dolls off the marketplace. On a few occasions when I have dealt with agents or company reps I've said thanks. One was a former BF rep who really helped when I received my doll with a chipped foot. Another was an ebay Roxydoll rep in Korea.

20. Yes, I always thank them. First of all, it lets the company know that you received you doll and that it was in good shape upon arrival. Second, I've found that they tend to move faster with my orders/ faster with resolving my problems when I'm polite to them. I also never bug them about shipping estimates. Thats just the way I like to do business.