1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Saying "thanks" after receiving your doll?

Oct 4, 2009

1. Honestly, I never thought about this! Maybe I should....

2. When i got my Resinsoul Mei, i took pictures from her, and i sent it for Resinsoul with a letter where i wrote that i'm really like my Mei doll. They wrote back and said thank you for the pictures.

(Sorry for my english)

3. I tell Soom when I do, since they won't transfer the points from my doll purchase to my account right away otherwise. They usually can forget all together since they are so busy.

But I do mean my thank yous because they own my soul at this point T_T

4. I do if I'm interacting with the company a lot. I gave a thank-you that was more aimed at Jin Lee on the Soom boards then Soom itself, who helped me with my layaway (something I get nervous with). They changed my status to "order complete" which I suppose is good for their records.

5. I always try to say thank you both to individuals and companies :) It's easy to forget that even the 'big' companies are still small opperations employing a realtively small group of people working for them. I'm sure they appreciate it, (I've gotten some very sweet replies indicating they do :) )

6. Most of the dollfie companies are quite personable - when I did my FCS order I went down to Volks in Shinjuku and thanked them personally. :) They really like to see satisfied customers.

7. But always. Company or private seller, it matters not. Good manners do not depend on whom you are interacting with <3 Volks always sends me a lovely reply to my thank you emails when I receive a doll. Other companies do likewise. I think keeping a high level of politeness in the hobby is important as it is a reflection of the cultures that produce the dolls.

8. If circumstances warrent, yes. I'll send along a simple, "doll arrived safe and sound, thanks!" if shipping problems were had, there was some confusion with my order, or a special post order change was made for me.

My special case was Peek's Woods, from whom I ordered in person at Gogadoll. They offered STELLAR communication while I waited, were very polite and personable. Once my Mintie arrived, I emailed an appropriately excited thanks and posted photos of her on their site once she was faced.

9. If I'm buying from an individual or a dealer, I always like to send a quick thank you to let them know that I did receive what I ordered and that I'm happy with it, that or, if it's a case with EBAY, I leave them positive feedback.

Recently I bought a doll, and the communication was terrible and the order delayed without proper cause for weeks. In cases like that I did let them know that I received the produce and that all was well but make a point of mentioning that thanks to their poor service I will not order from them again or recommend them.

If I'm ordering from a larger company, where the contact is generally very minimal, I do not bother thanking them specifically if all I got was a generic shipping notice and invoice etc. They already have a lot of emails to deal with and while the intentions are good, I don't believe in clogging up their email when I haven't really made a personal connection with any one rep in the company.

10. When my doll arrives, one of the first things I do is head for the computer and write a quick thank you to the company I ordered from. I'm pretty sure that they'd like to know it arrived safely.

11. I say thank you to let the dealer or company know that the doll came home safely. Yes you can say it's the company's job to send you exactly what you buy from them in an orderly and timely manner - but there is that and there is customer service that goes above and beyond what is expected sometimes and I think it is important to show thanks for that.It doesn't take alot of effort or energy and certainly doesn't cost a dime to be polite.

12. If I remember it, I post a thank you note on the companie's bulletin board. And if I'm buying from an individual, I always thank them. Usually I'll thank a store as well.

13. I usually send a thanks of some sort if interaction was required. IE, I had to send a 'where's my dollie' or a 'why hasn't my card been charged yet' email, or if I made a special request of some sort.
      Dollmore got a picture of Archane holding a 'thanks' sign in english and Korean when he got home. I had LOTS of stuff happen with him ^.^;

14. I've only brought privately so far, and I wouldn't have thought to thank the companies I'm planning on buying from, but it does seem like a good idea now that I've seen this.
      It's nice to be able to make someone smile, and I'd like to think that when the companies see how happy someone is with their purchase that it would make them smile.

15. I've always thought that, whether you're a large company or individual seller, sending hundreds of dollars worth of doll through the mail to someone you've never met must be a little nerve-wracking--hence, I suppose, why everyone uses registered mail. I suppose if it's registered you don't really need to tell the seller that you've received the product, but I think it would be nice to confirm that it was indeed you that got the package, and thank them for the service at the same time. (This is what I intend to do when my new doll arrives...)

16. I've ordered from 2 companies so far and the customer service reps have always been pleasant and very helpful. I always thank them for making my shopping experience a good one.

17. I was just so grateful to have a happy experience with my first doll VS a nightmare ordeal like some first time buyers, and even masters to the hobby have had that I took the time to write a brief and sincere thank you email to Iplehouse, to which they happily replied with their gratitude for my acknowledgment of their great product and service. PHEW, run on sentence...

Anyways, it's only right to say thank you to a company for a doll well done. Doesn't everyone say thank you!? They should! :)

18. I send a thank you message after receiving dolls, heads, clothes, etc, whether it's from a company or the secondary market. ^_~ I'm usually just grateful to have had a good experience and want to be a repeat customer.

19. When I write to the company to tell them my doll has arrived safely, I always include 'thank you'.
      They should hear the shipment has arrived.
      And thanking any sellers is only polite.

Ann in CT

20. Not always, but sometimes. For instance, I have, in the past, requested custom faceups from Luts. I realize they didn't have to do them, but they did exactly what I wanted. So I would email them to say thank you, and tell them that I really loved my new doll, and that the faceup was just what I wanted. I know I don't have to, but I wanted to. Sometimes I send them pics of my doll dressed and in a wig, so they can see how I pictured her too. They always write me back and say they like to see owner pics of their dolls, and are happy I'm pleased with their work. They are artists, as am I, and if I sell someone something (an illustration, an outfit I made, whatever), I like to know that they were happy with it. I'm sure they feel the same way.