1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Saying "thanks" after receiving your doll?

Oct 4, 2009

1. I always send off an email to whoever I buy a doll from to let them know that it's arrived safely and I always throw in a thankyou for their service at the same time. I figure if I was running a company I'd like to know if the goods I shipped out have arrived in good condition asap rather than waiting to see if a dispute comes up over the packages going missing weeks later, it's a peace of mind thing.
      Recently when I bought some horns from RS they asked that I contact them when the item arrived when they emailed me with a shipping notice. So I figure it's a good practice to keep up with whoever I buy from.

2. I usually say thanks to private sellers, to inform them I have received the doll and that everything went fine.
      There are particular situations in wich I loved so much a doll I received from a company (or the service was really well done too) that I wrote a thanks on their shop board, but not to thanks them for the doll itself, to thanks for the good service, the quality work and the awesome communication.

3. Hmm. I was never thinking about this, so interesting. I never wrote to the company where I got my dolls. But next time maybe I will. :) But I always write for the private sellers.

4. Well when i bought my boy from RS they were super nice and told me to email them when he arrives and if im happy with him. Well of course i was so i did. Then they emailed me back saying that they are glad i loved my new boy and gave me the best wishes.
      I was so touched!
      Tried it with dream of doll...no response >>;;;

5. I have posted a 'thank you' when receiving all of my dolls. And this is from either companies or private sellers. It seems polite to let the other party know that the doll has arrived safely, and I was so happy to have my dolls that I wanted to thank them anyway.

I can see why people feel this is more usual with a private seller. I think it's especially important to let them know that a transaction is completed successfully since it would be more of a burden to them if something went wrong, but I think that companies like to know too. I know with my second girl, a Soom MD, my status hadn't been changed from the magical "on shipping" even though my Amber was home. I thought it was only fair to let Soom know that everything was ok with my MD. They are busy, especially with the MDs, so I wasn't trying to bother, but I'm sure they like to know when they can take someone fully off of their 'to do' list. ^_^

All the companies I have thanked so far seemed happy to hear that their dolls had arrived safely and that I was happy to have them. Somehow with these dolls, it just feels right to say thank you at the end of an order no matter who you are buying it from. ^_^

6. I always thank individuals that I buy/trade with after I recieve things, but I didn't even think about thanking the companies *o*; sounds like a great idea, though! I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to let them know that I love their stuff- ;)

7. Yes... Esp. when they've done a good job with the doll... I mean I cannot help it when such a beautiful thing is being delivered to my door step... I would even want to thank the postman for making the delivery bwahaha... :XD:

But if the service really sucked or if there were lots of probs that I encounter with a company, I normally dont thank them, unless they go the extra mile to make up for the problems.

8. no 0o it never crossed my mind actually.
      i did leave a positive feedback for fairyland but thats all

9. I thanked eluts.com for my first doll, I ment to leave thanks and a pic for my dolls after that for their various companies but forgot :|

10. Yes I do
      I always notify private sellers

For companies, I have done so for dolls I just love love love

11. i always thank private sellers when i send a note letting them know the doll has arrived; and i usually say a thank you in the special instructions section of the order form to let them know i appreciate their work on my behalf.

12. yes always, to a private seller it is just common courtesy to let them know the doll has arrived safely but I always let the companies know as well..

13. I like to thank people who let me buy their things on sale. I usually do that for a matter of courtesy, and also, it's a friendly communication with someone sharing your interests.
      I always thank the company when I make payment, never when I have received the doll. On Ebay it's just different because you can write thanks on their feedback.

14. I thank private sellers, and I thank eBay sellers - but I think thanking companies is somewhat inappropriate. I've seen a lot of people post thank yous on the 'question and answer' board on companies' websites, and while I guess it is polite to say thank you, it seems to be kind of a waste of time for them to have to sift through those to find the actual questions.

15. I always say "thanks" to when I got the item from private sellers..this "thanks" means recieve safely.. For companies...generally I don't do that,but unusually I've said "thanks" to company before read this thread...

16. I haven't bought anything yet, but this is a great reminder to remember to say thanks when I do! It's a good practice to always show gratitude, after all.

17. I only thank private sellers....and whoever bought the doll for me. I don't feel the need to thank the company...it probably wouldn't get to everyone who took the time to make my specific doll.

18. My girl has arrived two weeks later than she was supposed to. And the company has given me two extra hands for her as a present... Two RIGHT hands. So now she has three right hands and only one left one (^_^).
      Still, I was planning to thank the company for making my doll and sending it to me but... I forgot to. And, reading this thread I feel ashamed because of it.

19. I think it's wonderful to thank the seller of your doll, company or private seller.
      After recently selling my first two dolls I feel rather sad that the last buyer
      hasn't replied to my pm or bothered to let me know it arrived safely.
      I wouldn't even know what happened to the doll if I weren't tracking it also:(
      I spent a lot of time packing up the doll safely and watching it's movement
      overseas....I had hoped to hear that the buyer was happy. Now I'm left
      to simply wonder.

So yes, to me it's important to let a seller know you're happy
      (or not so happy) with what you bought from them, and leaving
      feedback as well, it seems like the nice/right way to end a transaction.

20. I always thank private sellers and let them know the doll has arrived safely. Buying direct from a Company - I don't - feel as though it is not a personal enough process.