1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Saying "thanks" after receiving your doll?

Oct 4, 2009

1. Personally I like to do it, whether I'm buying from a company or secondhand. I just leave a message stating that the doll arrived safely (if it has) and thank them. :)

2. I would definetly say thanks to the company after all they're more then a chain Company these are people who are actually creating a product but more then that something they might love to create or at least love that you love it. They put time and effort and I feel a little thank you goes a long way especially since they are in control of how well it's made.

As for the site where I bought my first doll a few days ago they have a spot for people to post pictures of their dolls and such so I imagine that company personaly does like thank yous.

3. I've thanks companies if they have helped me out with a problem with my order or helped me obtain something that they don't normally sell seperately..like Domuya selling flexi fashion hands seperately for a small GO I did.
      I've also thanked them on occassion if I was particularily blown away by the doll I bought..I parise them for their innovative ideas and superb sculpts {Like soom}

4. How odd NOT to thank these companies! These beautiful dolls seem mainly to be made by smallish companies who pour a lot of love and devotion into their products and I'm sure they appreciate a thank you. All the Korean/Far Eastern people I've met through my job are also very polite and seem to value good manners so it seems rude not to thank a company, especially if you have a problem with customs or whatever and you deal with the same person several times.

5. If I did not "talk" to them before, then no I would not.
      But if for a reason or another I asked questions or if I were active in their forums if they had any, then yes I would as it would have been more "personal".

Its about the same thing when I buy from someone. If there was enough communication and the seller was kind, I would always leave a little thank you =D

6. I did when I got Mira lol. I just went on their boards, which I think might've been a Q&A boards (oops! u_u;; ) and said: "Hi! This isn't a question, I just wanted to say thank you for my beautiful girl! She is perfect!" And then they actually replied saying something along the lines of: "You're welcome! Please post pictures of her" ... lol!

7. i post a positive feedback in the forum, and that's all. my thanks was already the money i gave them for the doll XD

8. I did. I just got my first doll just last week and she is so lovely and I was just so...so...flabbergasted at how great she was that I posted a huge thank you along with a message letting them know she made it safe and sound, everything perfect. I think it's just common courtesy to do so, particularly if you're very pleased with the product.

9. i always thank when i'm buying from a person but only occassionaly thank if i buy from a company and that's if i asked for something special or if they did something special for me.

10. I kind of agree that my thanks was in all the money (xD), but at the same time I could definitely imagine myself sending a email saying "thank you" or something. But... I dunno, I wouldn't want to ~fill~ their inbox with little messages that didn't really inquire anything xD;
      But the gesture is nice... I think I probably will send a little thank you email to DOD when I get my dollie <3

11. If there's a bulletin board or some sort of general comment site that doesn't clog up e-mail or other things, I'll post a "thank you--got everything just fine" comment, or photo of the doll in an owner's section--for the companies. For individuals, of course I'd send an acknowledgment and "thank you" and feedback or whatever... Or at least I SHOULD do that if I'm not a total airhead (which can happen, but usually not).

12. When I ordered my custom Minimee, I gave all my thanks to Denny and to the artist who sculpted him - he was near perfection, and I could not contain my delight. ^^

13. ......Always, I always say thanks......to me these are not just "ordinary" dolls!....... So much work has gone into creating them....a "thank you" is well deserved.....;)

xen :)

14. no, ive never said thank you to a company...(even though i only bought one doll.) but thats just cause they sent me the wrong head cap.....yeah.....but i think next time i'll say thank you...

15. Since my doll was a gift, I didn't feel the need to send the company a thank you message. But I was extremely grateful and am still expressing my thanks even though it's been a year o_o

When I do order my next doll, I'll be sure to send them a "thank you" message to let them know I received the doll safely~

16. I say thanks, no matter who it is. If its a big business it makes no difference. Even if they don't mind too much, at least they know you're happy :)

17. I received a doll yesterday, and of course I said thanks. :) He was gorgeous! well-packed, came with an outfit :D, doll design and engineering very high quality.
      (DBDoll Buchen:love)

Even the very biggest companies are maybe 100 people, and most of the rest of the bjd doll companies are 10 people or under.

Ann in CT

Ann in CT

18. I do thank the company, even if my purchase is small.
      And they always reply, thanking me for thanking them :lol:
      I'd just feel bad if I didn't do anything for them to know how much I appreciated their items.

19. I haven't in the past, but I've never bought a doll directly from the company until recently, just in the MP and from distributors. When I bought a body from Happy House they actually emailed me and wanted to know it had gotten to me safely. I always say thanks to MP sellers, and maybe I will start thanking companies since Luts just shipped out my new boy only 6 days after ordering him! :o

20. I think the companies should thank us for buying from them X3 But anyways, most of my dolls[save for one] are second-hand dolls, and I always politely thanked the sellers who sell them to me!