1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Saying "thanks" after receiving your doll?

Oct 4, 2009

1. I always do, though both of my dolls I've gotten from retailers. I always say thank you to people I get things from!

2. Yes, I like to send a thank-you email to the company when I get my doll (or other purchase). I think that having successfully completed an international e-commerce transaction across language & money barriers, and then successfully received a very large delicate expensive object that just flew halfway around the world, is cause for celebration!

It's also a near-necessity for me, because I can't help telling them how much I love what they created for me. I am an effusive person, and the doll is invariably more beautiful than he was in his sales-photos, so gushing is all part of the process.

It's also nice to respond in kind to the company's politeness. For example, every time I place an order from Iplehouse, I get the automatically generated 'thank you for placing your order' confirmation email-- but then an actual person at Iplehouse sends me a second email, separately & individually thanking me for placing my order & sending my payment. This is not Impersonal Big Business treatment here.

It's also just nice to let them know your package arrived OK.

It's also just.... common courtesy. Even if you are buying a 3-pack of Trojans at the scummiest liquor store on your block, you still say Thank You when your purchase is completed.

(And I also can't believe that anybody actually tries to compare a doll company to a WalMart. :roll: Seriously.)

3. My doll is from the marketplace as is my girlfriend's and we make sure to thank the seller, but our first company doll is on the way, and with Kizzdoll being a new company, I will kick myself if I don't thank them after I receive my boy! The website is kind of wonky an the order form does not really work, so I've been in email contact with them, which is more work on their part than receiving a simple form. They definitely deserve a huge "thank you"!

4. I thanked the DoA dealer of DBDoll, Ringdoll and Dollmore* when my orders came in. The only company I've purchased doll parts from that I didn't send a thank-you to was Leekeworld, because the whole process felt very automated and impersonal for me.

* I was so pleased with my Dollmore order, I actually drew them a 'thank you' card, which I intend to mail out once I take the time to look up how to write "Thank you" in Korean and see if I think I can replicate it without messing up the characters too badly. I did, however, post the drawing itself on their Q&A board within a day or three of receiving my order.

5. I do. If I were the seller I would like to know, did the item made its way safely. Thats why I thank people who sell me various things. Also if it wouldn't be okay after opening package it means that the seller should send me another piece or exchange it with an complete/proper one.

6. I would always thank a private buyer but not a company unless they had done an exceptional job in some way.

7. I guess I would--the doll wouldn't be in my hands without someone making it first. And while I'm sure that payment might be thanks enough for some, someone thanking you for something beautiful you made just for them can't feel too bad...:)

8. I've been tempted to, but then again^
      I'm sure they get tons of thanks already anyway... ^^;
      I also assume they have the tracking info that notifies them that I received my order. Or that I'm not complaining that I haven't received anything..

9. I don't understand the concept of thanking a doll company for sending you a doll. I've always thought that the amount of money we spend on these dolls makes it more than clear that we think the company is excellent; why would we spend so much for something we didn't think was absolutely worth it?

While I can understand that some doll companies love to see what we do with our dolls and value our feedback, I think the fact that the companies survive in such a niche market speaks for itself. Without our picture taking and talking on doll forums, these companies would have almost no way to become known and thereby sustain their operations - the market and their profits grow as the doll community does, and the doll community only grows through us showing off our dolls to friends, family members, and people who may ask about them on the street.

Maybe I just don't understand what it's like to actually WANT to thank a doll company. After ordering my first doll, I had to hunt down someone who spoke Mandarin to place an international phone call to get my doll shipped, since the company - which had previously had only good feedback - refused to respond to any of my inquiries about why my doll hadn't been shipped or if they'd received the face-up info I'd sent them. The second doll I ordered was thankfully shipped efficiently, but... there was nothing special that went into it. *_*

10. I do like to let anyone who has supplied me with a doll, private sale or company, that it has arrived, and if I am delighted I want to say so especially if it has been painted to a spec.

11. I always thank sellers here in the marketplace but I haven't thanked a company yet, I'll be sure to do that soon though ^^
      I think they like to know how much people enjoy their dolls ^^

12. Yes, always! IfI sell, I add thank you notes, if I buy second hand, even on ebay, I email theseller and I write on companies Q&A

13. I always say 'Thank You'. It was something I was taught at a very early age. Kindness goes a long way. It's common courtesy, and it just feels good to be appreciated.

It's far more then just words to me, and far beyond this hobby, companies and private businesses that create our dolly things.

Though I do understand if people have had a terrible service. In that case, I wouldn't expect people to say thank you for a crappy service. (I usually say it just to be polite in that case.)

14. As long as everything goes well and I am treated well, I do. I didn't thank my ebay dealer but I posted a thank you on IH forum, and always thank the people I bought 2nd hand from. It is just polite, especially since I often do layaway and I know that is extra trouble. Plus, when I get a doll I am uber excited so yea thankies!

15. For companies I say thanks in the comment box when I place the order, but I wouldn't email them after saying thanks, I feel like that just clogs up their email and is just unnecessary. It is there job after all to sell things. But with a private seller on say, DoA, then I say thanks after receiving the product.

Thanking a company after receiving a product is a very foreign concept in my opinion.

16. To a company? Gotta admit I've never really thought to do that. I've sent thanks to individual people I've bought things from before, but not a company that I can recall.

Maybe it has to do with the degree of emotional attachment; a company is selling a product, whereas a person might have once loved the gal.

17. I definitely will drop them a note on their Q&A when i get my boy. The dolls are all Hand made with lots of love and as a fellow artist, i know what it is like to put your heart into creating something. It always makes our day when we get a "thank you" or "I love your work". It makes it worth all the hard work and time we put into our job.

18. I have not - I feel awful now. that's such a good idea. I will write thank you letters and send them for the next dolls I get. <3

19. I've always thanked sellers, be they private or corporate.

20. I only have 2nd hand dolls right now, but I've said thanks to all three of the previous owners so far! And told them how happy I am for the newcomers :3

I think I'll say thanks to the companies too as soon as I get the two dolls I'm waiting for ^^