1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Scared of buying different colored resin dolls?

Mar 16, 2012

1. I always love light pinkish skin, and the way they look with body blush (For example Dollzone Tulip.) Then I saw Iplehouse and I loved their Peach Gold skin with body blush. I was so scared when I first saw this hobby and heard about tan skin. I'm going to get my first doll maybe in Real Skin ..but I'm scared that she's going to have noticeable scratches or if I sand some mold markings she'll but ruined from discoloration.

2. I wouldn't be afraid to buy different colored resin dolls. I really love most company's normal skin, but some have such beautiful tans! I'd love to have a variety of resins.

3. I like that some companies order different skin tones. I very much like that IH has a wide choice, even if I can't afford their dolls. My only worry is that if I bought one doll and later bought a second for that family, the dye would be different enough that they wouldn't look related. Guess it's silly, since even in families skin tone can be different to degrees, but it is still sort of a worry.

4. I have two normal skin and two light tan and would love to add some other colors but it's white that worries me the most , I don't know why. All the other colors I would not have a problem with. I also know that now I have written this I will probably fall in love with a white one.:)

5. Nop, I'm not scared of buying different colored resin dolls at all! In fact, I already have quite a few different colours. My very first bjd was in normal skin, but I have since acquired dolls in white skin, tan skin, gray skin and I even have one in green resin (a Resinsoul doll). The doll I have incoming right now is normal skin again, but I'd love to gather a group of all sorts of funky colours :)

6. I think once I decided to get a resin doll finally I decided to say screw it with worrying about colors. If I freaked out over the color then it's just the same over freaking out about it being resin. All resin discolors eventually we can only enjoy our dolls and it won't happen in seconds...The only horror story I can remember vividly was someone's doll rapidly greening (like the resin was breaking down) within five minutes but it was the company's fault their tan skin was fault. I love different colored dolls but I do have a weakness for a good tan. If I decide to in the future get a tan doll then I'll get a tan doll if I want a blue doll I'll get a blue doll..It's all up to my taste and it's my problem not someone else's if I mess it up by sanding or accidentally letting it yellow. Won't stop me from enjoying my dolls be cause their MY dolls.

7. To be honest I prefer white skins and don't like normals at all. I have two ns dolls and have been completely discontented with the one since I got her. The other is my Johnny Depp Minimee so I'm fine with him. But the other ns I have I keep putting up for sale. I love the doll, I just hate the skin. I do like Iplehouse's real skin, which is darker than the ns. I even like the tans; but I just can't tolerate the ns for some reason.

8. When buying from a company I usually pick white, because that's what my character fits, however one of my secondhand buys has normal skin and he's beautiful too ;v;
      So it just depends on the character! But I am nervous if they don't have skin colour reference pictures.

9. I'm also a little sad that the IH dolls don't turn pea green anymore. ^.^ I have this idea now for a zombie doll ala Warm Bodies..

10. I've always thought that white skin is absolutely gorgeous, but my dolls both have normal skin; so I always get scared when I think about getting a white skin doll. I'm afraid it won't work; that they won't look good together, that it'd be awkward. :sweat

11. Nope. I think they can be quite interesting :)

12. I wouldnt say it scares me, but it does make me a little nervous. As of now, I have four dolls all in a normal skin tone, but recently I have had my eye on a tan doll. I never thought I would want a tan doll though. I always thought if I did move away from the normal tone, it would probably be with a white resin. But no matter what I do, I keep coming back to that tan doll. Im not worried about him fitting with the other dolls I have, Im just a little hesitant that I wont be able to adjust to it with faceups and such. I don't think that its enough to stop me from getting him though, haha.

13. I really wan to get an iplehouse doll in real skin! I am a little hesitant about sanding/ removing faceups and such.. As for "greening" he will never see sun light :P

14. I am afraid of not liking it once I own it. I love the promo pictures or owner pictures too...but, maybe...I will not feel that ease once I see it in real life. That is what keeps me away from tan skin.

15. When I look at colours I go for the one that doesn't charge me £50. I just go for nice cheap free coloured skin and have to be happy with it.