1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Scrapbooking for Your Dollfie :)

May 30, 2010

1. I have every intention of one day having a scrapbook for my dolls. I have all the supplies (chipboards, papers, clear stamps, flair, buttons, frames, alphabet stickers, refill pages, goofy scissors, little scraps of fabric, cutout cartoons from Trader Joes ads, etc, etc.) and a cute album, but I've always been too busy scrapbooking other events to actually put all the pieces together. It seems every time I turn around someone's got something going on that needs a scrapbook page. @_@. Maybe once I finish moving, I'll be able to sit down one day and scrapbook 'till all the dolls are done. That would be nice.

2. Pastelflower, mini scrapbooks are lots of fun to make. Here is a site with several kinds www.making-mini-scrapbooks.com/index.html You are right about they just take scraps of papers and trims to do. I print out photos in wallet size to use in mini books.

3. I think that would be a lot of fun! I'd include meet-ups and doll shoots. Plus, if you like to sew, you can also consider it a sort of portfolio for your own enjoyment.

4. I've started one actually...my mom works at an Evil Craft Store too LOL...and I used to make cards so I still have all that stuff :) I was thinking Macchiato needs one of her own...but I hate the thought of printing out her pics :D

5. Oh my. You've got me interested! I really love scrapbooks, but never got about to making one. This is because I feel that my arts and crafts is lousy and I wouldn't want to put in so much effort to have something done and turns out looking like crap @_@

But it is a nice idea! To look back at your doll scrap book when you're older or have too many new dolls xD

People nowadays only store their photos in computers. Where has the novelty of a scrap or photobook gone?

6. Dolls don't care about lousy, they don't know what that concept is unless you tell them. They care about sharing memories with you. In your dolls' eyes everything you do is great.

On the sewing side I started keeping a spiral bound book with a picture of the outfits I made and scraps of the actual fabric pasted to the page.

7. What a great idea. My friend (also a BJD-er) was just talking about this with me--only was thinking how cool it would be if each doll had his or her own life scrapbook. You know--when he/she was created, with birthday info, original owner, and then each subsequent owner, plus any significant trips, prizes (like special photo contests, etc.) that he or she may have won, and so forth. The book would then be included with each adoption, and hopefully continued, so the next owner would also know the doll's history.

We were admiring a newly acquired girl and wondering how many owners she had, actually. ;)

8. My friends and I are making a scrapbook sort of thing to commemorate on memories from the school year (and summer memories) so I'd love to add a few dolly things in there! :) Maybe not the box opening, but just pics from a photoshoot.

But I might end up making a personal scrapbook for myself for my doll(s). I love crafty things so it'd be a fun project!

9. I like the idea of including scraps of fabric along with photos of the outfits you made!

=^__^=
      Anneko

10. This is an ineteresting idea~ It would be cool to scrap book photo stories, photos of different styles you've tried for your dolls, etc. I may have to try this(after I finish the 23 other BJD projects Im working on).

11. I've been scrapbooking for years but since I got into dolls I don't scrap as much as I used to. I have scrapped about my various hobbies including my dolls but don't have a book of just doll pages.

12. You could do an art journal about them. Put a picture from an event or of a new outfit or something on a page and let your dolls write about it.

It's easy enough to make doll sized books if you get a bookmaking book and just scale the projects to their size.

13. I have made a doll-sized scrapbook for my Blythe dolls. (I should say that Genevieve made it. ;) )
      [​IMG]

And here's Mouse admiring the finished book.
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. I plan to do something like that. I actually got the idea from my birthday gift this year. All of my friends came together to make me a book with pages on it where they would each write a birthday note then in a pocket on the page they would put money in for a starter doll fund.:)

Sadly the pages fell out but the actual outer book is so pretty and one of my best friends made it for me so what I plan to do is rework the inside of it and when my doll gets here start a mini scrap book for her. :aheartbea

15. I should do something like this for my dolls xD I'm already thinking of making up a mini journal for Kyoya, maybe I should make a scrap book too...

16. Ooh, yeah, need to dig out my boy's journal! I don't know if I'll do any teeny-tiny scrapping in it, but he can at least write and draw about things.

=^__^=
      Anneko

17. Aww, I actually like this idea. I always keep all the little cards, certificates, and whatever else I get from a company when I order a doll. It probably wouldn't hurt to actually have a place to keep all of this stuff plus a few pictures of the dolls. I've kept journals for years, but never scrapbooks. It might not hurt to try when I have more time. :)

18. I've got a wiki program for my computer, and I make a "scrap book" on that! Each doll (planned and owned) gets a page with links to the wigs/shoes/eyes/concept pics I am planning for them. There's even cosplay planning (maaaaaybe, lol), and random snippets of their personalities, how they "met", how they're related to each other, etc.

19. I like paper. I always thought scrapbooking would be fun! I'm not particularly photogenic, and we're not a picture-taking family (90% of our photos are of the pets!). When I first got into BJDs, of course my boy Rylin had to have a scrap book!! He even has a special Disneyland one. I don't do it as much as I used to (trying to budget), but it's hard to pass by the paper section and not pick up a few sheets thinking to colors would be great for this doll or that and plan a photoshoot in my mind around it. :)

I take my dolls into the Micheal's store in Ventura constantly, and sometimes in Camarillo, so to those of you that work there you've probably seen my boys! The ladies at Joanne's Fabrics are also very familiar with them, and I like looking at pictures I bring with me to match to scrapbooking paper there, too.

20. I have been thinking about creating a journal for Molly. I bought a human sized journal and plan on using it as her writing/scrapbook journal. I think it will be an amazing writer exercise. Work on character development and things like that.