1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sculpts and skin tones

Sep 25, 2016

1. all of my favorite sculpts become absolutely unappealing to me in tan.
      also there are many of them that are at least nice for me though i don't want them for myself, but in tan they can even become disgusting (like ringdoll Sol f.e). why is it - i dunno) it looks like the features give absolutely other expression in tan
      but i would definitely refuse if i had a chance of a good deal for any head i want but just in tan.
      it doesn't count with other dark colors btw - grey guys look fine to me. maybe the whole thing is my love to cold colors

2. For realistic sculpts, I like natural flesh tones for humans and natural fur colors for animals. For fantasy sculpts, though, almost anything goes! :)

3. There's this one sculpt that has been teasing me so much lately. It's a Fairyland minifee Celine. The problem is I already own a Celine in BW and I have fallen in love with the tan skin version of her. She just puts off an entirely different feeling. I could easily make a switch but I don't want to part with my BW Celine. She's a huge part of my collection and one of my favorites. I also don't want to own 2 of the same sculpt in different skin tones. I'd rather have a completely different doll. Part of me wants to order an F60 Celine in tan skin just so I can say it's not the same!!!! However, I have no need for her. I don't know where these irrational feelings came from.

4. I'm biased towards tan and white regardless of the sculpt,deciding between the two would be very difficult if I were not shelling pre existing characters.

#24 Bailette, Nov 17, 2016
      Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    5. I definitely have noticed this. I will get a doll in whatever skin tone I like best on that particular sculpt but sometimes I like both the tan and the normal so I get both or add both to my wishlist. Some companies have many skin tones that I might like on a sculpt so it can make for an interesting rainbow of skin tones on my doll shelves.

6. I love my Little Rebel Andre in brown skin. I think he's just perfect! Seeing him in any other color feels weird to me. They're still cute, but they don't make me feel the same way he does in tan.

On the other hand, my DC Queena is in white skin, and I don't like her as much in other colors. I like how frail and weak she looks in white. haha

7. There is one doll I want right now, but I have zero interest in her in normal skin colour, however I'm in love with the idea of having her in green skin! :D It's not just the colour though, it's the idea of having that sculpt in green, most other sculpts I wouldn't want in the green.

8. i got my resinsoul ya in normal skin... i love her... but when i saw someone posting their resinsoul ya on grey skin... with blue eyes... omg... i want one...:love

9. As some others have mentioned, promo or owner pictures can definitely bias us toward what we think looks "right" for a particular sculpt. I fell in love with the promo pics for Dollzone Leslie in tan, and I HAD to have him in tan. No other color would do. It took me a while to get him, since DZ discontinued their tan for a while, and then they came out with an orangey translucent tan that looked nothing like the tan color in the website photos. I finally found a Leslie secondhand in the tan color shown in his promo pics. :thumbup

The vast majority of my dolls are normal color resin, so I'm not biased toward tan at all.

Linda S.
      galatia9

10. Sometimes I think that, too. I think Somnia Seolrok (Switch) looks better when it's rosy white. But I didn't like white so I bought fresh color.^^;;;

11. A Myou Doll Silvia and her sleeping variant in tan. :D