1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sculpts you love (but will probably never get) - 2

Apr 23, 2017

1. I've got a couple, I think. Most of the time I fall for a doll but then move on when they don't really end up working out in my head. But I'd love to have a Minifee Ruth. Originally this was going to be my second doll, but that never came true. I was going to get a Ruth head on a female body because I adore the smile but wasn't looking for a boy. Sadly, Ruth was taken off the line for alacarte in 2015. Fairyland said they would be back in the fall, but its been a couple years now and they aren't there. They weren't super popular in the first place, so to piece together one on the MP doesn't make me feel too hopeful. Additionally, I dunno if she'd work out, Ruth is a heavy browed more masculine sculpt in the end.

The other one is Doll Chateau's Baby Doll Liz. I adore her shape! But I don't much like her all resin feet stuck in the high heels all the time. Maybe someday I'll work that out....

2. Crobi Doll Lucien :sorry

3. Probably never get it in the sense that it's super limited and hard to find -> Distant Memory Hwayoung :(

Probably never get it in the sense of I might never buy even though it's pretty -> Soom Idealian Zak, I really like his sculpt but he doesn't seem to fit my crew, yet :)

4. Iplehouse Gentle Cocori in light tan. I just could not justify spending the money while that doll was in production

5. Dollzone Carter! I love him so much, but I feel like I couldn't show him to anyone IRL. :pout:

6. That IOS Dr. Strange. Too big and too expensive but so much want....If I could only get his outfit. Omg.

7. Universe Doll De'Ath 2 - he's just too big for my likes, but so gorgeous. If only they'd sell the head separately, I'd be down!

8. I just love the recently released Oswald by Doll Chateau and here I thought I'd never be interested in a male sculpt. He's so beautiful but he's much too big for my tastes, I really want to stick to MSD dolls. I'd make an exception but he's also incredibly expensive.
      I'd also love the DC Lillian (who would pair beautifully with Oswald) but same as before, she's much too large and pricey.

Maybe one day, if I ever have the funds or space but for now I'll just have to admire.

9. Soom Hyperon *sobs**sobs**sobs*

10. Honestly any Minifee. I think they're so cute but I already have an MSD and I personally am drawn to SD and YO-SD dolls

11. SoulDoll Amon from their Tarot series... Never. He's so AMAZING though... I love the Vito body, and Amon with gray skin and gargoyle parts just looks amazing. He can HANG FROM HIS FEET LIKE A BAT. I did not enter this hobby soon enough.
      Another I want that is diffcult to find but more reasonable than Amon is a Fairyland Nanuri 14. She's just so beautiful, and would fit one of my OCs perfectly... I wish she wasnt limited!!

12. I feel in love with the Kanadoll Adrian the first time I saw him but I have zero reason to get him. I also love Miracledoll Jing and the fullset Telesthesia & Dragon Newmoon... Except with those last two I decided to simple pick what I love about them and then customize YoSDs to match. Much easier than buying expensive SDs that wouldn't match the other dolls they're supposed to be a part of.

Oh, and a lot of fullsets from Loongsoul and Angell-Studio, but that might just be my lust for historical clothing I didn't have to make...

13. delf tinies, i really want one but my parents would never get me another doll

14. Iplehouse doria is very beautiful

I would like to get her but when I am thinking about it

I prefer to see her instead of owning because I can't see myself liking her more than my Lourdes and I only want to have One doll

I chose to volks because she is easier to photograph and play with and find clothes and wigs and shoes for she is a standard size available every where

Doria is like the supermodel that is out of reach

Admire from afar

15. Minifee Juri 08. Even if it came up for sale, I don't think I could justify the price now that I already own two minifees that I completely adore.

16. 5th Motif Venitu, Ringdoll Lucifer and Ringdoll Dracula are all dolls that I love, but I will probably never get. Venitu is apparently discontinued (no idea what his second hand price is) and the other two are a bit too pricey for my taste. Also, as much as I *love* their sculpts, I can't seem to think of a character that would suit them, so I wouldn't really know what to do with them .__. still, nothing stops me from drooling on owner pics when I see them :D

Another recent addition to the "will probably never get" list is Souldoll Lot. I was actually planning to get him at some point... then Souldoll announced that he'll be discontinued by the end of August ;___; and since I'd already ordered another doll and I couldn't really afford to buy *another one* in such a short amount of time (looks like it's either the full doll or nothing, with Lot -___-), I pretty much had to give up on him. I'm sort of hoping to find him second hand one day, but seeing how there seems to be no owner pics around of him at all... my hopes aren't very high :'(

17. Since she's on her last preorder and therefore on my mind, Youpla Ziya. She's so very pretty, but I told myself I was done buying dolls until next year and I need to stick to it. She doesn't suit any of my existing characters, either, so I'm just going to have to live without her. (But she's SO pretty!)

At least I can admire owner pics from a distance.

18. Dollmore Trinity Red Priestess Klaire. I just can't justify spending that much money on a doll but man is she gorgeous.

19. soom sabik and volks williams