1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sculpts you love (but will probably never get) - 2

Apr 23, 2017

1. I see a lot of 70cm dolls that are stunning, like Aiqing from Dika Doll. But I don't think I could handle dressing a huge doll like that especially masculine sculpts, not so great at dressing them XD

2. DV Thorn and Vine. I bloody love their promo photos but every time I see owner photos of them I feel dissapointment. They just don't look the same.
      Honestly I wish I could just get nice big photo prints of those promo photos more than anything:aeyepop:

3. Helga by Natalia Loseva as I cannot afford her.

4. a lot of the bigger soom boys are drop dead gorgeous to me but they are FAR too big so i will forever admire from afar. Also switch dolls are cute but for some reason i dont feel the want for them but they are pretty

5. I recently discovered the amazing fantasy sculpts from Dream Valley, in particular the Rah Eagle version. I unfortunately missed his preoder period by almost a year since I only got properly into the BJD hobby a few weeks ago.

I absolutely love his talons! I've done some searching but most of the doll bird feet I've seen so far are very stocky, with small and short toes like those of a secretary bird. There is nothing wrong with that but it's not really my style.

His sculpt was the first one I saw with the bird of prey talons and long and slender claws. Combined with the slim digitigrade legs, it is everything I could wish for in a fantasy sculpt with bird legs. If I every could get my hands on one, I'd snap it up immediately, but seeing as it's been discontinued in January, that dream might be a little far fetched.

6. Hello fellow "I missed Rah Eagle and I'm heartbroken" doll fan!! I missed his preorder period by about a month, and can tell you don't lose hope!!! His talons were also what broke me lol. I asked on the DV discussion threads about suggestions/hopes of getting him specifically and here's what I was told: DV does often bring back the limited sculpts, so it's entirely possible they'll bring him back for a limited event at some point (I'm hoping they do this for their Order/Chaos, who I'm still hoping to nab at some point).

ALSO. And this is how I got my Rah back in August. Oftentimes around the time that they're shipping out their orders, the dealers will have people who back out of preorders etc etc and they'll need to sell the dolls. The dolls will pop up in their in stock pages. I managed to nab an in stock Eagle Rah from BJDivas, but I'd also recommend checking Denver Dolls in stock as they get quite a few DV dolls there as well. Rahs have started shipping to their owners, so now is actually the perfect time to keep an eye out for him!

Do not lose hope!!

7. Wow!

First of all, congratulations for managing to get him! He's gorgeous! His pretty toes got you too, huh. I can't blame you; they're very well sculpted indeed.

But thanks so much for the info! It's great to know that I still have a chance of getting him! I'll definitely keep an eye on those websites but if I cannot get him through those sites, it is comforting to know that there is still a possibility of getting him if he gets rereleased.

Fingers crossed I can get him eventually!

8. Thank you! I am still amazed he's mine, stabby toes of murder and all hehe. I actually had a few people from this forum trying to hunt me down when they saw one up in stock (they remembered I was asking about him), it was so sweet!!

Yeah, keep an eye on the sites and fingies crossed for a re-release. It is entirely possible you can get one of your own, you just gotta have patience. I'll keep my fingies crossed for you as well!

9. I think it’s funny that the ones I put here awhile back I have now, I wonder if other collectors are the same.

10. Elfdoll Rainydoll MIR head with molded Auburn Hair. I have Mir with the black molded hair and I have the head to add wigs.

11. DLace's Machina dolls.

I love the concept, but they are very slow with orders and with that many fiddly parts, I'm sure I will lose or break something in no time! *_*

I said Doll Chateau in Part 1 and that is still holding true! I was very tempted by Noah and Ryan, but never bit the bullet.

I think perhaps that is me with centaurs in general. I love the idea, but it's very hard to engineer a centaur doll that stands well on account horses are an engineering disaster by all accounts lol

The smaller 1/6 scale centaurs stand okay, but I don't like 1/6 scale and the larger centaurs have much more weight/balance issues, especially if I want slender horse legs instead of chibi/chunky pony legs.

I have considered Luts' centaurs too, but I haven't bought one of those yet either. My love and the price don't really match up.

12. I believe I saw the rag eagle on bjdivas.com instock. He is 2k if your still looking.

13. Esthy Peroth. I really love him but hard to get one:(

14. Hi, thanks for helping me!

I've looked and I sadly cannot find him on BJDivas. I think he's already been sold. The only other similar doll I could find was a Story of Seventh Day Horus.

But I appreciate it a lot that you attempted to help me out!

15. Mine would be Alice in Labyrinth Elijah. His little teeth are so cute, but I can't justify getting another 1/3 resin boy. I already have 3+ and nowhere to put them. :frownyblush:

16. Luts Grand Senior Delfs like Abadon and Neptune consistently blow me away in owner photos but they don't resemble any of the characters I'd like to have in doll form. I also have a soft spot for Dream Valley's fantasy/monster sculpts and DLace Raphael just because of the wings.

17. Any dolls with mech or armour parts - like Souldoll's "Souloid" series, and Luts' "Untold Story" series. Fantasy parts (hooves, horns) really don't interest me but I absolutely adore mech and armour parts. But I like doing all kinds of photography with my dolls, and mech parts seem less versatile in terms of photoshoot ideas. So I think that a mech doll will either be displayed just as eye candy, or it'll end up wearing human parts a lot more. Also, mech dolls tend to be mini and smaller (I only have 1/3 sized dolls), and don't really fit in with the aesthetic and theme of the rest of my crew,. I once had a Batchix mini Machina and she was adorable, but I sold her because I couldn't see her fitting with my other crew.

I don't know, I might be persuaded - if the right 1/3 parts come out and aren't too intrusive (eg. masks, mech arm, etc), or I can make a space in my crew's imaginary world for a mech. But right now I'll just enjoy those parts in photos.

-

In other dolls... the Dollshe guys. Always had an eye for Bermann and Hound (back when they cost a fortune, especially Bermann), and now Arsene and Aramis. They're just so tall and I don't think they'll fit my crew either. But again, who knows... I might convince myself that 70cm isn't much of a jump from 60-65cm and dive in anyway.

#177 aihre, Oct 20, 2022
      Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
    18. Unless Volks offers a re-release, I don't anticipate purchasing a Volks SwD Williams 2nd hand due to the exorbitant after market price. However, if he's offered again OR I magically were to win a One-Off... I will certainly still try to acquire him.

Other dolls that I really love, but will never get are the old discontinued CP Delfs. I've owned my fair share of them over the years and for some reason I never seem to 'click' with them. I love and admire them in other people's hands... but they never seem to stick around in my collection. So although sometimes they come up for sale 2nd hand, and I'm gravely tempted, I think I've accepted that they are "admire from afar" dolls.

19. Doll chateau sculpts. Its beautiful to look at, but also somehow haunting as well. It also looks so fragile that I would be scared to touch it.

20. For me, it would be Dollshe's Natalie Portman & Monica Bellucci. With all the issues with Dollshe has had in the recent years with many people waiting close to 5 years to get their dolls and the rumors circulating that Mr. Dollshe is considering closing down his doll studio to focus on other business endeavors. It's so sad, his sculpts are very pretty and Mr. Dollshe has killed any goodwill within the bjd community.