1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sculpts you love (but will probably never get)

Oct 3, 2009

1. I have some dolls I really love but I know that I will never get, but not for money issues. Like others already said, if you really want a doll you can always find a way to get it, with a great lot of patience and doing really simply things like saving money (even if for a really long time) and keeping checking the second hand market.

Simply Divine Harlequin: I f***ing love that sculpt, but he's too big for me and my doll family (composed almost only by MSDs) and I know he will just sit on a shelf (even if being faboulous in the while)... Same story for other two big sculpt I really like, Dollclans Vezeto and Soom Hyperon.

2. I've always wanted the Soom Idealian Hyperon-Dhampir and London - Steam Engine Rider :) ;).

3. Never lose hope.

I once thought that I would never have my dream doll (Rosettadoll Zio) and after years, a wonderful member here offered me their Zio :D

Everything is possible :) just give it time and hope.

4. Absolutely ditto!

5. DIM Miso, I know there is a chance but it doesn't feel like it sometimes lol. She is my grail

6. I fell in love with FL's Iden a long long time ago... but when I found him, he was abviously already sold out. Also, since he is a feeple70, I would probably never be able to bond with him, since all the SD dolls I had, are also sold as well, they're just not my prefered size... But if I ever got the chance, I'd probably buy him anyway haha

7. 5th Motif Venitu and Dollshe Grant.

The first one is far too big for my collection, but oh, I love his expression. The second one is also too big for my collection, but I. Am. In. Love! I've even emailed Mr. Dollshe to tell him so, hah! I do plan on getting him in his smaller size one day, but I really want the big version. I'd love to paint him... he'd be so much fun!

8. I'd love an Iplehouse Rex. But I'm not really into the larger dolls. I do have a couple of larger girls, and I'm sure they'd love him too, but the larger dolls are so big and heavy, so I rarely do anything with them. Plus he's very expensive, and I could get three of the smaller dolls for that, and I'd play with them way more. So, Rex will probably never happen.

9. I really want a full set littlefee ante in near mint condition around $200..but i dont think it'll happen

10. There are probably plenty of molds I love but will never get. I'd say Unoa and Volks dolls for now, I really love their dolls and their work, especially on MSD and Yosd size, but they tend to be too pricey or/and hard to find generally so I know I probably never get one.

11. Money issues are a thing for me also, as well as every doll I've been wanting lately turning out to be limited edition and getting sold out while I'm trying to get up the nerve to buy them! ahah

12. It would have to be Angell-Studio Cinderella. She wasn't literally the first bjd I ever saw, but she was the one who got me interested in the hobby. The white and red versions, with the lovely long hair and cheongsam? I fell in love. Hard.

But I just don't want a doll that size, price notwithstanding. My largest doll is an msd, and the moment I opened her up I knew she was the biggest I wanted to go. Nowadays, seeing her every day on display on my dresser, I don't think of her as being so big, but I know I wouldn't want (or have space for!) anyone larger. But still, Cinderella will always be my ideal bjd.

13. I guess crobidoll Marisol. It's limited, and not many are out there.
      In my local(?) bjd secondhand market, the doll practically vanished, and whenever she re-apears,
      I'm out of money and the seller doesn't accept layaways, or she's sold after minuites.

Also Aileen doll Frank. When Aileen doll visited the local(?) doll fest where I live, I asked them If Frank will ever be re-printed,
      and They said no. I cannot find any owners where I live, thus the lack of appearance in the market.

God knows when I'll get them, ;-; probably never.

14. I used to whisper for an Idealian too rare and expensive for me. I was absolute sure that I couldn’t even see it in a doll party here in Brazil. One night I really dreamed with him. In the next week I did bought the re-released model and called everyone who wanted the same thing in every forum and community. The layaway doesn't ruined me either. (*Happy forever*)

:sumomo:

15. Mine is Volks Suigintou :') She's too expensive for me atm, and I don't think I'll ever justify spending that much money on her, but I've wanted her ever since I was 13 years old, and I'm 20 now :P Perhaps in the far far future.

16. Definitely RamCube DIZ. The money is not the biggest thing, but he was a limited, as are all their heads.
      It is quite unlikely I will ever find one, but I guess you should never loose the hope ^w^

17. I really want a Fairyland 2008 Juri girl but I don't think it will ever happen. I do have a Luts Juri 2005 and she is my favorite right now.

18. I like very much that Venitu guy!
      The reasons why i can't have him is...
      1st my husband do not really like Bjds but he let me buy some!
      2nd I can't afford him (so expensive)!
      3rd Too big guy where im going to keep him to much space!
      But i will be for ever in love with this sculpt and body! :D

19. The main one for me is Volks Lieselotte. She's gorgeous and all, but way out of my price range. I think even if I did one day manage to get one, I probably would keep her in a glass cabinet or something and never handle her and that seems a waste to me personally. No offense to people who have dolls purely for display purposes, just that I can't justify spending $2k+ on a doll I'm never gonna play with or take out on photoshoots.

Also, Impldoll's Tony and Mzzen, but that's mainly 'cause they don't fit in my SD doll story. I just like that Tony kinda looks like a younger John Travolta lol, and Mzzen's fullset is hella awesome.