1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sculpts you love (but will probably never get)

Oct 3, 2009

1. CP Breakaway. I loved the pictures so much, I fell completely in love with him. I did not have the chance to get the actual head when they released it first time, however when the 08 event happened I managed to get my hands on a Breakaway head. I was so excited. Everything seemed perfect. But then the doll arrived and I found that it was nothing like what I had expected. I really found no connection what so ever with the doll and I sold it swiftly afterwards.

Even now i love looking at pictures of breakaways, but I will never fall for the same mistake again and purchase one

2. I agree with Soom. They are so beautiful but I don't see myself buying one. There is only one fairyland I would ever buy and it is sold out, so unless i find it secondhand I will most likely never have a fairyland.
      I'm actually saving for an Iplehouse girl for my next doll, she'll be the only Iplehouse I'll have.

Angell Studio is another company I love so much but will probably never buy from as they don't fit any character I have. But again that could change lol

3. I would have to pick Soom. As much as I like some of their sculpts, I feel there are too many of one or more of them, and a lot of the time they all look more or less the same. However there are some that are just so breath taking.
      But I don't see myself ever wanting to add to the Soom frenzy.

And this is not in any way meant to offend or hurt anyone with a Soom. You guys are all wonderful! :D <3 <3

4. Almost any of the men or boy dolls. I love seeing most of them, especially the 1/3 size when they're dressed like pirates and such. But I doubt I'd ever go so far as to buy one.......just continue to envy other peoples.

5. Iplehouse dolls. I like the realism of their features, and at the same time it's the emptiness that I feel when looking at their flawless design that gives me no desire to own one myself. (I did own Kamau, but sold him for that fact: To me, he was too much like an oversized fashion doll)

But then, when I browse the gallery, I often find myself looking at Iplehouse dolls again, because they're so very pretty.

6. I usually fall in love with those EIDs from Iplehouse and Granado boys but omg they're so huge I wouldn't know what to do with them. Such a waste though. Wish they made those in MSD sizes.

7. Irrealdolls and SecretDoll Persons! I absolutely adore them in pictures, but I've never felt the slightest twinge when I saw one for sale.

8. Lillycats that are other than the tinies (I have a Colline), I had a Constantine (msd) but I don't like how they pose. Posing is a big deal for me and even though I adore the Lillycat sculpts and body shape, I can't get passed the bad posing.

It's the same reason why I don't have more Soom faery legend dolls and even sold one before. I only have Noellia because she has dark skin and is the rainbow sprite. I LOVE rainbows and the combination of rainbows and grey or black. I just love the aestetic of the faery legend dolls, but their limited posing makes me not wanting more.

9. Pretty much every SD size doll... They're just too big for my taste. I have two of them I need to sell, and probably put the money toward a minifee or pukifee. I've wanted a minifee Chloe forever.

10. Seconding "every SD sized doll." Especially stuff by Migidoll, Ramcube, and oh my gosh Switch. Makes me wish I had the power to shrink things.

11. All the Iplehouse-Dolls and anime looking Dolls. I think there are more.But don't want to think so hard today xD it's to hot outside.I'm melting.

12. MSD boys and Iplehouse. I have a problem getting MSD boys to look how I want so I prefer too look at them. I love seeing what people can do with them. I have an Iplehouse Soo but she is very frustrating sometimes so I don't think I'll ever add anymore Iplehouse dolls to my collection even if I keep my Soo. But there are so many sculpts on Iplehouse that I love to look at!

13. Luts tiny zebra centaur! I love zebras, and it's so cute!! But I don't do centaurs and most fantasy dolls. And I was trying to get out of that size. So....nope.

14. well, would probably be from a Russian artist: Marina Bychkova made a limited number of resins with changeable eyes, I have no idea what I would do for one of those completely intact but would only kill someone that truly deserved it, lol. But seriously her dolls are unbelievable as well as others: Michael Zajkov has created some jewels. Love Triffani AW kitterlings especially the new feisty one and am disappointed she isn't doing any in resin or with changeable eyes for that sculpt. Her original Sphinx cat was groundbreaking for a whole new jantra of types of cat dolls. Popovy dolls are exquisite.

15. I'd live a 5th Motif Venitu, but I doubt that will ever happen.

16. Oof, probably a Dollmore Trinity Elysia is one that I love but will never have. That's a WHOLE lot of resin, I don't know where she'd live even!(To say nothing of the price point, but it's the size mainly....)

17. Iplehouse Ashanti :love

18. One doll I know that I won't be getting any time soon is the Doll Chateau Arali. When you get all the bells and whistles with her, she gets to be over $1000 so it's going to take some time to save up for her. Possibly a few years, hopefully she'll still be for sale :)

19. CP Breakaway. I have loved the mold since I saw it the first time, but when I bought the Bloody Valentine version I was incapable of bonding with it. Even now I still love the mold but it is not one I am going to buy again since I already know that I couldn't bond with it before.

20. A tan Alzad by Leeel. I really would have like to have him.