1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sculpts you love (but will probably never get)

Oct 3, 2009

1. Volks Hikaru Genji Fullset!
      It's the one fullset that takes my breath away, but not only is it so hard to just find the doll or outfit separately, the price makes me cringe. And I do want the fullset. If I had the money, I probably would, but the chances of money and doll converging at a specific point in time is unlikely.

I also would love to have Soom Io, but he doesn't really show up on the marketplace that much. Again, both price and availability are factors impeding my acquisition.

There are also specific dolls, not molds, that I love looking at, but feel no need to acquire. There are also molds that I love, like Unoas and Narae, but I don't like their size. I'm mainly interested in taking them apart and figuring out their engineering. I'd also love to take the Iplehouse EID bodies apart. I think the engineering's awesome, but I'm not really that interested in the dolls.

2. I actually have really really been liking the SOOM Sabik. He's just too big. Plus, I've pretty much set the max height with the dolls i plan on getting, so he'd have to be a giant or something... lol But he's quite gorgeous! Just a lot of resin...

3. It may be funny,but Isabel from Buddy-Doll/She is out of stock and they arent going to relise her again :(

4. Euclase and sphaler, maybe Amber....and god help me if they make a male deer. I am not into the VOlks dolls or Bermans so at tleast I do not have to worry about that.

Until recently I would have had White Butterfly Lillis Liv on my list, but I lucked onto her through the marketplace, someone OFFERED her to me as a trade on a doll I was selling, so I am rather ecstatic to bring one of my "grail dolls" home.

5. Soom Carnel, as he magically vanished off their site :( ... Also quite a few of Soom's MA's. Beautiful, but just too big

6. Zaoll Muse, Migidoll Ryu, and DOT Sha. not the right sizes for what I have planned. ):
      also I loooooove littlefee ante but I don't think I'll ever get her because, while I could force a character upon her, I know it wouldn't come naturally.

7. Iplehouse EiD Akando - as gorgeous as he is, he doesn't fit the part for any of the characters in my various stories.

Soom MD Chrom - I was sorely tempted to get this guy when he was released because I am a huge sucker for all things to do with wolves (especially norse-mythology related wolves). But while I still love him and especially his beautifully sculpted wolf-paws, again I don't really have a character in mind for him.

Any of the Fairyland Minifee dolls - I really, really love the MNF dolls, especially their jointing system! But I've had a MSD before and the size didn't really work out for me. I'm still tempted to get one mind you, but I keep telling myself NO! XD

8. I absolutely love Sard and Beryl. I know I will never get them. But I can enjoy their beauty on the boards and that is fine with me. There are others I can list but I think they are at the top.
      Other: Volks Luna, Volks Cecil, Volks Wiliams, Volks Reisner, Soom Amber, Soom Topaz.

9. I think it will be Dollmore´s Lusion-Doll Dhalia.
      She is such an interesting and pretty doll but she is so different from other dolls that it is easy to totally bond and never wanting a smaller size and also to be totally overwhelmed and never being able to bond at all.
      I don´t think I would want this risk, so I will admire all the pics out there :)

10. Oh boy, there's quite a few actually. Soom Lupin would be lovely, but his size is preventing me from buying him (I tend to stick with smaller dolls). The Soom Glati dolls are adorable for their little hooves and they're a nice size, but their faces are just a little too dead and expressionless for me. Still like them though. There was a bigger girl doll I'd seen with pretty short hair who would make a good girl to go with Lupin, but I've forgotten where I'd seen her. Many others too, but I'm afraid the list would go on and on =O

11. Dolls I want but will never get?
      -Tanning El (there is one on MP right now but he's too expensive for me, even though it's probably a very reasonable price -cries)
      -Tanning Narin Charisma -drooollll price is too much-
      -Soom Chrom -mostly just for those legs, teehee-
      -Dollshe Bernard
      -Dollshe Saint (gawd Dollshe is amazing <333333)

12. Every time I see one of the big Iplehouse dolls, I'm blown away by how gorgeous they are. Those 40s-starlet Jessicas? Amazing. Yet I can't see owning one--they're almost too realistic for me, if that makes sense. I gravitate towards more stylized dolls, generally.

Who else: Dollzone Reiko. I love her sculpt, but MSDs just aren't for me. I wish they made an SD version. Same goes for Dollstown Soph.

NotDoll Belladonna: I actually may have bought this one, but she's discontinued. First she weirded me out, and then I suddenly realized I adore her. She seems pretty rare, so I don't know if I'll ever get the chance.

And of course, Pukipukis: Every time I see one at a meet, I love it. I love their darling faces and their perfect engineering and their super-bitty perfection. But I wouldn't want to actually own such a teeny doll. My 25cm Bambicrony is as little as I want to get.

Edit--I found a NotDoll Belladonna after all! I just bought her. Never say never, eh?

13. I love Kdoll's sculpts and I just love Crobidoll's Nao and Yeon-ho, but I'll probably never get them.

14. Soom MD Amber, mostly because I don't think I'll ever be able to afford her/find a whole fauna set. =/

15. Oh man~
      Some of the Soom MDs for starter. Mainly the bigger ones since I don't think I could really house them. And I might have them more as 'trophy/cabinet dolls' :/
      Some Volks molds like Hewitt, Schultz, and Cecile the Scarface. Sort of hard to find and I'd want to treat them more carefully than my other dolls XD" Not to say I go tossing my guys everywhere, but, you know~
      Basilah Pukisha from Fairyland, Migidoll Ryu, and Crobidoll's Nia. I really enjoy those sculpts but I don't know if I would enjoy having them >__<)"
      And there are a couple (a lot |D) more, like some Dollzone sculpts, but I don't want this post to get lengthy ^^"

16. I really want the old Dollshe SA Bernard. He was my dream male doll for years, and I'd still love to have one, but it isn't like he's on the secondary market if I ever could get those kind of funds together. I also adore Dollshe's Salubia, but I can't even remember the last time I even saw her on the boards. I really regret not being able to get one. She's a rare gem, for sure.

As far as new doll go: Volks Luna or Lusion Dahlia. I can't imagine myself ever spending that sort of money on any doll, but I absolutely love them both. Iplehouse's Ashanti is beyond gorgeous, too, but I think I'll have to love her from afar too.

17. for me, it's Volks Olivia Morgan and Soom's Rose Queen Dia. I've always admired them both but won't add them to my collection as they wouldn't fit in with my other dolls. So I'll just continue admiring Olivia and Dia from afar.

18. I really want a Soom IO. Badly. And a Glati. :( Oh, and a Sabik, but I think he might be too big.

19. For solely practical reasons (i.e. $$), I will probably never get Volks Jun or Suigintou -- though if I could buy them for less than a small fortune I'd do so in a heartbeat. I love their sculpts so much and both would work for characters of mine.

Then there are other dolls that I love but will probably never get regardless of price. I want about six different Minifees, but I want them in SD size, dangit. xD Volks Shirou is a favorite of mine but I can't think of a character for him. And I love SwD Nono, but she's too similar to my F-07.

20. For me it's the whole Supia crew. I know that if I get one, I'll have to get all of them, because I really can't choose between them all. They're so pretty. &#9829; Of course, I don't have the money for that, or the desire to have a collection that large, so I'll just stick to looking at them from afar.