1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SD size Doll Houses?

Mar 11, 2010

1. Very good point! Thanks for that! Cause now that you mention it, the unit I was thinking of building or having built is NOT going to fit through either the front OR the side door of my house... So. I have to do it in 2 parts: a "dresser" type of deal at the bottom, with drawers (I love those things) and a unit on top of that, that will be just 2 big room boxes side by side.
      I have to design something though. You made the top of yours look all pretty, like a real house :)
      Maybe a rooftop garden above the rooms? with a little gothic black spiky fence???
      I don't know lol

2. Ooh, I like the garden on top idea...Though my brain immediately went to "Battlements!!"

A spiky fence and a bunch of flower beds would be neat!

3. I will need 7 bedrooms, a sitting room/library, and a dining room. My ceilings will end up being higher than necessary to convey the luxury house feel of high ceilings. Plus, I'm catering to height for the tallest dolls.

:lol:at the last part.

I'm going to have a castle too. :)

I agree. I think the children's playhouses I was looking at having scaled down, are made into separate pieces so it can fit through doors. Then you just put it together where you have room. I just moved, and got rid of all of my old furniture. So, now I have the entire living room for a dollhouse.

Love this idea.

4. I think here at the Castle I'll be working on room sets and a more permanent Medieval Garden sitting area outside...

5. Adarhysenthe nice about the castle. There is a dollhouse that is a castle which I wanted, but it's 1:12 scale. But you can use it as reference kinda deal.

MicroRNA wow... You got a back yard? :) Mind you my crafts room is at the back of the house . IF I ever get to knock down the wall and put a glass door there, so I can walk out to the yard... I might make a whole dollhouse back there :)

Rosslyn if I do what I want with my front yard, I actually want to make sort of a fairy garden or something. There's this...
      Someone posted another link to another miniature garden place that sells pathways and stuff, too, but I can't find it now, but ever since I saw that, I have been dreaming about doing that right on my garden, OR get a BIG pot or 2 or 3 and doing individual ones. Or I could grab some 2 by 4s, nail them together into boxes... fill them with dirt.... hmmm *goes to plan*

6. Why not make a hinged cabinet for those who are considering building something large-scale? I tried to do a sketch, but I couldn't figure out how to do the perspective in a way that looked like it made sense. xD;

But my basic concept was something like Allison Wonderland's cabinet, only split down the middle, so you'd fold the pieces together to make a cabinet like that one and then if you need to move it, you opened the two pieces and took down each one separately.

I'm not sure if my textual description is any more helpful. ::laughs::

7. I have searched the internet and the posts and did not find one . but I would love to have one. I wonder if I can build one.

8. Wow theres some good stuff on here! I am hoping to make a doll house and or dollhouse for my dolls this summer, soo we'll see how this goes.

9. I'm thinking of doing something similar to that, but not split into two pieces since the rooms would either be cut in half or I'd have to force the room to fit within the space of one half. That wouldn't work for me at all. What I do want to do is have a door that opens in the middle so it keeps my things from getting dusty, and has the look of a house.

Like this:

[​IMG]

In the design of one of these with a few modifications of course:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Ooh, those are nice references. I'm not sure how I'd build it without getting rid of a lot of furniture. I rent a room, so it'd have to be in my space, and currently all my walls are taken with furniture of a sort. Perhaps as I get rid of things I'll empty out a dresser or two and be able to revert them to storage or sell...Maybe.

The castle would likely be part permanent structure and part fold out/take down sets. It's important for me to be able to close the house against sunlight, as I live where there's lots of sun and my room, even with the blinds down, is very bright during the day.

11. Here are the plans for a 1:12 scale Castle Dollhouse

Ohmygawd I found it!!!
      Looks at the dollhouse castle here....
      But they have it decorated modern now... Back when I first saw it and loved it, they had it decorated fully medieval, with tapestries and all that, and the dolls were dressed like princesses and there were knights on top of the towers and all.

This one has doors with hinges that open :)

12. Oh neat! Ok, that's fairly close to where I'd like to go. I'd probably add a tower (round shapes) and put things up on the battlements, but the opening of the front and working doors look great. And I'm saving the plans for later. Oh yes.

13. oh fabulous. Illl have to save for this one day.

14. I am glad you liked that idea :) Cumberland castle is amazing.

15. Lovely! What size dolls would fit in there?

16. Oh that one will only fit PukiPuki, very small, but you can use the idea to make something bigger :) Or smaller...
      Right now I am working on one that is half the size of PukiPuki. Imagine that.

17. (9wrong thread, ignore this!)

18. I have yet to implement this, but as I tend to cross over hobbies ...

I am going to build a full sized TARDIS/Police Box for my bedroom. Inside it will but multiple floors and rooms. Demonstrating the bigger on the inside.

All that stands in the way is money at this point.

:)

19. So.. any updates on this thread? I love seeing all the ideas people have for "doll houses". there have been some interesting ideas thrown about but I'd love to know if anyone's managed to get some of them started.

Some day I want an entire room (or two) for my hobbies.. XD Not for a while yet though. Gotta pay off those student loans first. :ablah:

LM

20. No updates here unfortunately. I think the roommate is moving in with her boyfriend in December (1-2 months earlier than planned) so I'll get my doll/craft room earlier than planned, then I can start looking at furniture :D
      I might just do the idea of the cards table in one corner, and put something on top of that, or if I find someone that can make me a deep enough unit for an ok price, and local, then I may go for that, but not sure yet.
      I am putting the Puki house when I get it on a dresser, cause that would fit on a regular dresser but the SD house, not a chance. I haven't found a dresser deep enough to serve as the base of a house, and I need it to have drawers underneath if it's going to be big, because I can't afford to waste the space, and with 2 little ones here (a dog and a cat) I can't have the houses or the dolls close to the floor.

I will update as soon as something happens, but right now I'm just waiting, and looking around for ideas in the meantime, to see what I can do when the time comes.