1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SD size Doll Houses?

Mar 11, 2010

1. I have created a room on the top of one of my bookcases.

[​IMG]

I read somewhere that there was concern about doing this because of a lack of walls on either side. I have used a large piece of furniture (in this case a grandfather clock) to combat this problem. Not only does it anchor the room, but it also creates the sense of a wall.

[​IMG]

Hope that helps!

2. Thanks, MitsukiAdored! It's for all of my dolls, sd, msd, and tinies (the tinies are the fairies of the house). The bookcase is about 48 inches tall, so I have no height restrictions. Hanging the tapestry helped create the sense of being in a vast ancestral hall. I have a second bookcase where I plan to build another room!

3. I'm with Giodrakes. I've given over the bottom quarter of my closet to act as a doll room, but no official dollhouses are in the works right now. I don't have enough room and I might be moving out of state for a couple years, then back again, so I might not see any improvement on this situation for awhile. I have plans though. ^_^

Froudfaerie, I love the set up, especially the grandfather clock!

4. I really like Allison Wonder's house. I asked my father if he could help me build something similar for my dolls. He said that he would be happy to help this winter. I'm really excited. I have a space in my room that I could put it. Ever since I was younger and played with barbie dolls, I loved having a dollhouse to play in. :)

5. Thanks, Adarhysenthe! I love that clock, just found it this week at the Home Goods Store. It was the last one they had and it was missing its finial, so I was able to get it for our $12! I can't believe it, the scale and the detail on it is just perfect, especially for that price.

6. VERY well done!
      The problem I am having (and this is for everyone) is that I really want to make a bedroom in SD size because I am planning on having a couple, and I want to put them to sleep together.
      I made a bed for my girl, and realized after I decided on this couple that the bed I made is wide enough, but not long enough. I wasn't planning on the man to start with. But if I make the bed big enough for both of them, even if they are cuddled up right close in it, the bed won't fit on top of a dresser.
      I LOVE to see when people make bedrooms for their dolls, but I'm starting to think that I should give up on that idea if I am going to do it on top of a dresser, and just make a living room/parlor type thing instead.

7. Thanks, Giodrakes! I'm not done yet, it is definitely a work in progress!

One solution for creating a larger space on top of a bookcase would be to add a sturdy piece of plywood. That would give you the area you need to hold your bed and other furniture.

8. For one of my displays on top of a bookcase, I linked together pieces of laminate flooring. That way it locked together to create a floor that was bigger than the bookcase, but I could take it down and store the pieces in a small space when needed.

9. Thanks for the ideas guys! I appreciate it :D

10. I've been lurking on this thread, and getting ideas. I have a second table that I got when my downstairs neighbor moved out that I've been debating on using as a living room. Since it has leaves on it, I can put out the extenders and I'll have enough room for the table and other things I'm going to put in the room. Since I no longer have a couch, I can put up walls of a sort and that way, keep the cats out of it.

I have to admit, my Resinoids sleep in the bedroom with me, the two MNFs in a bunkbed I bought at a doll show and Ryuichi has 1/3rd of the queen bed that InuYasha and I share. Since I put his body pillows in a pillowcase and then the sleeping bag that I made him on top of it, he actually sleeps higher than we do so there's no threat of me accidentally rolling over onto him...not that I move around much in bed anyway!

I'm already looking for a four poster bed for Tohma. That one is going to probably have me rearranging the bedroom so that he can sleep in here as well.

I guess I should get going on moving the boxes of books into the basement so that I can set up the table!

Ryu

11. Oh sweety. I admitted that LONG time ago :D Claire's bed sits on top of one of those big plastic bins and fits perfectly in the corner between my dresser and my night table, and that's where she sleeps, so I know no pests (dog and cat) have access to her while I'm sleeping :D

12. My mom got some great beds off of ebay. You just have to look at antique doll furniture. She even found a four poster! One of the metal beds even fits my Hound! And yes ALL my resin kids sleep in my bedroom, so don't feel alone.

13. the houses are beautiful! and very imaginative!

14. genie stallings, great idea!!! Thanks for posting that :D
      I don't have a corner of a room to dedicate to that, but something like that on a dresser or table, or wheeled cart or something would be awesome :D

15. Mine sleep in my sewing room, because if they were in the bedroom they'd never have enough alone time to come to life and do whatever they do when I'm not looking. Also, my husband wouldn't like it. :)

I am reading this thread, though, because of the great inspiration for photo props. Also, I hope to build a garden-type setting for my dolls for a photoshoot. Thanks for posting, everyone!

16. thessalyrose, LMAO that's so true!!! Someone here says they're ok, when they come to life they sit around and have tea parties lol
      I moved the bedroom around a couple days ago, and got my second girl yesterday, and she doesn't fit in the bed, soooo now I am putting them in a dresser drawer at night, on top of folded clothes. Specially now with the EID woman, if I make her a bed (to share with an EID man in the future) I'd have to make them a room that would take 1/4 of my sewing room, and we can't have that :D

I don't have my sewing room yet either. Roommate keeps threatening to move, and each week the date gets moved further and further. So I went from finally getting a xmas tree and having a dinner here, to not doing anything due to lack of space, since last week she told me she might not be gone till after new years *sigh* Love her and all, but I need my space, and some peace and quiet would be nice. I swear this girl likes to hear herself talking :D shhhhh

17. Just lurking on this thread, but had to say - that AG house idea in the corner is brilliant! I'm going to save that one! Thanks, Genie!