1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Seed Arts heads - Wol and Peabody

Mar 13, 2017

1. I think the trick would be just to pounce and see what you get! Yeah there's body options from slim to girly to beefcake. These heads look good on a lot of things.

Aww that's so cute!! I love his style. Very chic geek.

2. I never posted? Whoops. I have one of the tan Harucasting Wol head, I just finished paying off her body, Doll Chateau K-14 with Denver Doll. She's to be my little woods spirit, kinda of like Cenarius from world of warcraft, except cuter and smaller, lol.

3. Do you have any photos? I’d love to see this.

4. absolutely stunning! I really hope we get another lot of these heads, i desperately want one.

5. Hello hello!! Seed Arts recently had a lottery for two fullset Wols (winners were drawn on 2/19/21), 11 artist and 3 pro-cast heads up for sale on her shopify shop on 2/20/21!! I somehow managed to snag one, despite only learning of (i.e. stumbling upon) the sculpt on 2/18/21. Thanks, instagram!!

Hoping to breathe some life back into this thread again, and thinking about what body I should get for my Wol!! I actually really like the idea of combining her with a Black Cherry Dolls MSD body... I think the head and body would pair well and it would be super cute.

Did anyone else capture a Wol head?! If you did, how are you going to body/style/paint it, etc.? Inquiring minds would like to know!!

#189 DayofDiana, Feb 22, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    6. Congrats on snagging a Wol! Which one did you get?

I’ve been eyeing Seed-arts’ sparkly Wol heads for over a year now and finally managed to snap one up in the recent shop update, too, (the red one with all the gold stars, I’m still starry-eyed that I was fast enough to get my first choice, haha~). Don’t really have any plans for it except that he’s going to be a dude.

Can’t wait to see mine and everyone else’s Wols come in and hopefully fill up this thread! There were some exceptionally pretty heads this go around~

#190 slight, Feb 22, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    7. Omg, you got #11!!! Fire Opal!!! I was wondering who grabbed that one!! You must have the fastest fingers in the west, because that one was my first choice too!! :XD: I missed out on it by seconds, I think, because I was dallying over the payment options. I ended up getting my third choice, #4: Glow Baby, the one with the creamy white sparkly faceplate. She glows in the dark!! I also really love #9: Violet Circus.

I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone else's Wols turn out too!! I have a face-up artist in mind, and I want to go for a baby pink and white theme, very sweet mori-girl style with mine. Hope Seed Arts ships the heads out soon!! Since I think she'll send them from NY, she should probably do it while there's a break in the weather!! :3nodding:

8. Glow Baby is a gorgeous head! Can’t wait to see what you do with her. And Violet Circus would’ve been my second choice, haha. And uh, I definitely wasn’t obsessively refreshing Seed-Arts’ shop page over and over and over again before the shop update... Nope. :shudder

Now I keep checking her instagram for any shipping updates lol.

9. I was able to snag 1. Copper Patina! I’ve loved Wol’s sculpt for ages, and it seems like a dream come true to have a OOOK artist cast head. I also put in an order for one of Dream Valley’s winged bodies - the male version that comes with Bethel (I think).

10. I managed to get one of the pro cast tan heads. Oh man, those sold out in like 4 minutes. Scary how popular they are.
      I'm trying to decide on a body now. I'd LOVE wings and stuff but i'd also like bird feet which seems a tall order with msd. So hmmm.

11. I also like the idea of bird feet for my Wol. I was thinking about getting an MSD body from Resinsoul and asking them to replace the human feet with the Sui feet which look kinda like bird talons. I’d have to ask Resinsoul if that combo could work.

I’ve seen someone on here use Resinsoul’s Ming satyr body with Sui feet instead of hooves to make a harpy and it looked really nice.

12. Yeah I considered that but I already have a doll with Sui feet and they're not really that bird like as they lack the back claw. Pi/Pixiu's feet are more like bird feet but they're small. They will fit a msd body but they're quite ickle and i'm not sure it's totally proportionate. I've been looking and I can't really find anything quite right. All the Soom "bird" feet look more like paws, they aren't bird-like at all! and the only bird-like feet I find are all either yosd or sd. *sigh*

How irritating.

I wonder if I could get someone to sculpt me some or 3d print them or something lol. I will keep looking though.

13. dream valley's dragons have bird-like feet! But whether anyone would be selling just the feet is a whoooole other thing.

I dunno if they'd be at all willing to put dragon feet onto one of their non limited bodies... I mean how cool would one of their winged bodies be with the bird-like feet attached?
      Problem is the dragon parts were limited.

Still, could be worth asking them.

14. We were all refreshing the page obsessively before the shop update, lmao. :sweat I actually, like, gasped when I refreshed it and BAM, there they were!! My fingers were shaking as they raced to confirm the purchase!! I wouldn't like to experience something like that again, but it was kind of exhilarating!! :XD:

If she doesn't ship out the heads in a week, I don't want to bother her, but... I mean, I'd like to be informed when she does send them out!!

Ohh, #1 caught my eye too!! Soooo pretty!! I was intrigued by the kinda bluish snowflake/branching pattern at the crown of the head. The copper color is just gorgeous. And wow, I looked up the DV Bethel male body, and it seems like it would be a really good fit for Wol!! Can't wait to see how it turns out, please post here when you've got the chance!!

Oh yeah, I heard about the heads being sold out in 4 minutes!! After I paid for mine, I watched the other heads get claimed and was smiling the entire time!! I hope, given how fast they did sell, that Seed Arts considers casting Wol again sooner rather than later!! She did say that she'd make some modifications to the sculpt, I think, on her insta (because she needs to make a new mould??), and I'm looking forward to seeing what those are!!

And!!! It didn't escape my notice that she decided to keep #8, the skull baby!! So maybe there will be another fullset lottery in the future?!

As for the body and birdie feet, I think it's totally worth asking DV if they could switch out the dragon feet onto one of the non-limited bodies!! Or you could ask one of their dealers to do it. For example, Clover-singing is pretty accommodating, so you could try asking her as well if DV says no. Barring that, it would be interesting to commission an independent artist to design and print the feet!!

15. I've been a searching and yeah, looks like most bird feet are limited. Fairyland did some but I think they were sd sized. Luts did a harpy-like Bori but he was limited and finding those parts would be difficult.
      There's also the really cool gargoyle feet Souldoll did at one point which actually clasp! how neat is that? but again, no way you're finding those.

I also wonder if the big birdy feet from Doll chateau's letita and carol might fit a bigger doll. They're quite chunky feet. I'd have to get my carol down and see lol. But again, taking his feet off him would mean he had no feet! lol. Poor doll.

I'm looking forward to getting my head anyway, i've wanted one for years. I suppose I can wait a little longer for the perfect body/parts.

16. Congratulations! I can't wait to see all your new Wols!
      Mine, from a previous sale, is on a Doll Chateau Youth body that I don't know if DC makes anymore- a body I modded to female.
      Resinsoul has an MSD dragon/gargoyle sort of body that has birdy legs...