1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Seed Arts heads - Wol and Peabody

Mar 13, 2017

1. I'm definitely gonna play musical heads when she arrives heheh. See what sort of proportions I like. I have quite a few bodies here.

Now I gotta figure out feather wigs. I really want a feather wig.

2. I’m going to try to make a feather wig for mine, too! I just sourced some (ethical!) rooster feathers from a local farm animal sanctuary to try making a wig with, but I’ve never made a doll wig before :huh?:
      I’ll read some tutorials and kindly ask the chickens for some more feathers if I ruin them all with my attempts.

3. So excited to see all the new Wol's popping in there!!
      I have an older tan Wol, on a tan Dollzone body. (The one with the single mechanical wing-female)
      Getting her back soon from a faceup and color matching to the DZ tan, so I'll have to post a new photo here soon.

4. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

My unique Wol head #4, Glow Baby, arrived super duper quickly, given that she was just shipped out on Friday!! I absolutely love her and can't wait to get her some eyes and a wig and send her off to a face-up artist!! I also need to get a body for her (still thinking about the Black Cherry Dolls MSD body). A white/normal hue will probably match the back of the head, at least. What is that called?? Not a face plate. The other half!!

I love the CoA, she was well packaged, and the crystal anchor is adorable. Downsides: she has a few more scratches, bumps, and blemishes than I thought she would!! I know that artist casts are not perfect, and it doesn't make me love her any less, but wow!! There are at least 3 big ones that I can see, and I hope they don't get any bigger!! I'm not sure if they'd show up on a better camera, but they'll probably be covered by her wig/make-up in the future.

Regardless of any imperfections, Wol is wonderful and I can't wait to create her character!!

5. After being trapped in the shipping void for an extra day, my Wol arrived yesterday!
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

His name's Zenith. (His face-up turned out a bit more femme than I intended lol). I’m kinda sad that he’s not as shimmery now after I sprayed him with MSC. :sweat

Now I need to figure out what kind of body I want for him. I'm leaning toward a Resinsoul boy body. I feel like their dark tan could work with his pinky brown resin color. (Is there anyone out there who could confirm/deny?)

I also can't decide if he's just going to have a regular human body, or if I want to get a pair of Sui feet for him lol...

#205 slight, Mar 4, 2021
      Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    6. he looks awesome!

RS's dark tan is quite pale, kinda the shade of chocolate milk. A kinda greyish milky brown?

I've been considering whether the pixiu feet would look too strange on one of the msd female bodies. I mean they're probably gonna be too slender for the male bodies but I dunno?

7. Thanks! :D And hmmm, Resinsoul’s dark tan still sounds promising. :) I’m not very picky about resin matching anyway (and Resinsoul dolls are super fun to dye, so there’s always that option haha).

I sure hope they can get the pixiu feet combo to work for you! I wonder if they could even send you pics of how it would look?

8. Resinsoul will do color matching if sent a hardware store paint color chip, for relatively little extra payment.

9. oh wow, beautiful pair!

My girl's head is somewhere in transit. Post is painfully slow in the uk right now.

10. [​IMG] Copper patina’s painted, and I made him a wig from ethically-sourced rooster feathers! I’m having fun playing around with his image, so I’m not sure if this will be his set-in-stone look.

11. All these guys are so cute! I got one of the pro-cast heads, she's waiting in her box for a body to come in. Until then, gotta figure out faceup and wig plans...

12. Gorgeous! I want a feather wig for mine, or at least a wig with feathers incorperated but i'm not sure how to go about it.

Love those goaty eyes too.

My pro cast tan head came and she's goooorgeous though i'm still undecided about what body to put her on. I really want to play up the bird aspects but it's looking like i'll have to go for hybrid bits to get what I want.
      ho hum.

13. WHOA nice work!

14. [​IMG]
      Well, I caved and bought an in-stock Mystic Kids body from Junkyspot and dyed it for Zenith (also made some weird shoulder armor thing for him). The brown dye job doesn't match the head's skin-tone at all but, eh, I'm not picky about it lol. The gradient red was fun though. :D Now to wait for his wig and clothes to come in...

15. that gradient red is awesome!
      And it means you don't notice any mismatch because it looks intentional.

16. Has anyone tried their Wol on a ResinSoul body? I was thinking specifically of Zhen, without the tail...

17. my red boy, Zenith, is all done TuT
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

18. So awesome! i love!

19. Heya! Haven't shared mine in a while, so here's Tarazed in a new outfit! :whee:
      Her faceup was also done recently by Dybbk's Box, and I love the tiny steampunk details she added. :love

[​IMG]