1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Seeing the doll that you love in gore mod, how to you act?

Feb 27, 2010

1. I like blood, gore, horror, and all that creepy stuff! It would definitely be weird on a tiny, cute doll, but in my opinion, almost anything can be appealing if done right.

2. if the artist knows what they are doing it can look incredibly fascinating but i wouldn't equate it with my doll s it isn't> I really feel it is up to the owner what they do to their dolls. Some of the carved dolls makes me want to get the new dremel with all of it's attachments and some blank heads they are so surrealistically beautiful

3. I'd probably be interested to see how different the same sculpt could be made to look.

I feel like the more extreme the faceup can be made, the more creative I get with my modding endeavors, because I know the full breadth of how a particular mold can be made to look without modding.

4. Well, when I see other sculpts that are the same as ones I own; I consider them to be "different dolls" anyway. So in that sense I don't feel any different seeing a gore mod on a Dollshe Bernard (don't own) vs. Dollshe Grant (do own). I don't have any dolls in my collection where a gore mod would work for them. And in particular, I'm not drawn to gore modded dolls although I think when they are done well, I can appreciate them but not something I would be likely to add to my collection unless it was something that specifically struck me.

5. I think it would be incredible to see, as long as the mod was done impeccably. One of my dolls is from a company that was only around for a couple years, and I've only seen one or two other pictures from other people who have the same sculpt. So if a zombified version (or any version) of my girl came up on here or any other site, that would be sick, in a good way. lmao. :wiggle

6. I like to see how a doll can look totally different in some styles. It will be good to see a gore version of a doll I like. I just hate when I see a doll in bad conditions and this doesn't depends of the doll style

7. I agree with most of the opinions here. If it's done well, I'd love to see pics, I like a bit of creepiness :) If it's extreme gore or bloody, then maybe not ^^;

8. I have no problem with it, regardless of sculpt, scale, or whether it's "done well." It's not my doll, it's theirs to do with as they please.

Granted, if I see a mod that's roughly done, and I can tell it was out of laziness rather than lack of ability, I'll be disappointed, but that goes for all mods, not just horror ones. But, again, it's not my doll, and not directly affecting me other than giving me motivation to not slack off.

As far as horror mods specifically, I've been watching one being done on one of my absolute favorite sculpts, and I'm loving it!

9. I agree with most of what's been said already, diversity in BJDs is what makes them so appealing to me. I really liked when DOD even did the gore face-ups I'm not 100% if they still do them or not but it was fun to see and there are some gore mods that blow my mind like there is one that's based off of Emily from Corpse Bride She is one of my favorite sculpts too Peakswoods Goldie. That is one of the coolest Gore BJD mods I've come across.

10. i'd think it was really fun ^-^ i love seeing what other people have done with the same sculpts that i have ^^ for one thing i personally feel a bit of a connection with the people who have the same sculpt as me ^-^ because BJD's are so personal for so many people and because everyones tastes are so varied. i also love seeing just how much a face up or mod can change the look of the original sculpt its so fascinating and shows some amazing talent! and the imagination that goes into it ^^
      its like we were both given the same canvas or like when several people do a still art painting and even though most people do it about the same they're looking at if from different angles so they are somewhat different and everyone has their own style and quirks so again its a bit different and then you have that one person quietly working away in the corner and then when you go over to their piece its completely different be it the style the color pallet the fact that they added in the people in the background or focused in on one piece of the still life instead of the entire thing or gave it a different back ground or used different paints or tools to make it. again its the same still life but its so incredibly different its like they've breathed a whole new life into it.
      so yeah long comment short i'd think it was awesome ^^

11. Ball jointed dolls are so customizable that I enjoy looking at the end result. There are some incredible gore mods outhere! :D

12. I think they're neat more than anything. I don't know if I would ever personally own a gore mod, it's not really my style, but I really enjoy looking at them, especially if they're dolls I'm familiar with.

And maybe I'm just a little messed up as a person, but I don't think I've really ever seen a gore mod I would consider extreme, most of the BJD mods are pretty tame.

13. What counts as a gore mod? My boy has a big red scar on his face so maybe he has one? I don't really know I'm still new to all of this lol. However I have seen some really beautiful and dramatic goee mods whilst googling and I love them!

14. Gore mods, in general, squick me, but I wouldn't be more turned off than normal just because it's a sculpt I love.

15. I would be intrigued, I love seeing the results of the creativity of other people.

16. This, exactly.

17. I agree with the above stated opinions. I am personally not a fan of gore mods but it doesn't matter to me which kind of sculpt they use, any sculpt would make me feel the same. Each doll looks completely different so even if I had two of the same model, I don't think that they would be similar.