1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Seeing the doll that you love in gore mod, how to you act?

Feb 27, 2010

1. I love gore mods! When they are done well they look so so so amazing. If I saw a gore mod of my dolls then I would love it! I actually have plans to make gore mods of a couple of my favorite dolls. I'm planning to get a zombie Meme, but I don't know where to start. :?

2. Stuff like that wouldn't bother me, whether the doll looked like mine or not. It's the person's doll and it's up to them what they do with it. I think it's rather fascinating to see the how different modifications can make the same sculpts look. I'm still on the fence about doing Yoru's scar mods, myself...

3. I don't like extreme mods, so if I come across one, I just keep on going :)

4. This, precisely.

5. I really don't find anything attractive, fun, or "cool" about gore mods. I guess it's because real disfigurements aren't pretty, either.

BUT!!! I have seen some that were incredibly well done. There's no denying the artistry involved. That aspect of them I have to applaud. It's SO easy to botch a mod, or even a faceup, that anything really well done I admire from that standpoint.

I think my biggest issue with the mods is that if they're permanent, then you're stuck if you ever want to take your doll in another direction. But that's just me. It's whatever the owner wants that counts.

6. Well done scars and such are fine. When you see a doll with hot glue drizzle across the face in neon pink trying to pass it as an old injury, that's where I kinda don't care to see it. I don't understand the "guro" thing. Seeing someone or some creature suffering is not something I enjoy, but to each their own. I have a hard enough time passing by strays without doubling back to toss some scraps for it. :(

I'm personally not into hardcore gore. Amputee, scarred eyes ( I have two heads with scarred eyes from Fairyland and I love 'em! ), stitched wounds are fine. Scars have stories behind them. I have one above my left eye from a childhood accident and a tiny bald spot in my brow that refuses to grow hair.

I don't want to see dolls that can be perceived as young children with extreme gore mods. That's personally a big no-no for me. Period. This being said, my Winky Ante face plate wears an eye patch over her winking eye, she just likes eye patches. It's by no means a way to cover an unimaginable wound.

edit: So some gore is all right by me, but it depends on what kind of doll and what gore mods it has.

7. depends of the mod. i may be like ''OMG thats f*cking awesoooooooooome!!!!'' or ''EWW WTF? Ô__e ''
      there are some really cool gore mods but i've seen some that looks... like sort of mucus or something xD thats quiet disgusting.
      and honestly, i dont really care what poeple do with their dolls. even if its the same mold i own.
      but if its a doll i sold them its another story.

8. Ya I personally do not like gore mods, no matter how well done. Scar mods are different. But gore mods to me are silly since would do not keep bleeding.... Since the dolls I like are really feminine pretty girls, I would be shocked to see one with a gore mod, a big contrast.

9. I think they're nasty so I don't look at em...
      But is I saw one in a sculpt I owned I wouldn't care. People can do what they want, it's their doll. XD

10. I get more offended by bad faceups on molds I own than I do well done gore, so it would be more likely to amuse me that they looked nothing alike despite being the same mold. I'm attached to my dolls, not every doll ever produced with the same sculpt.

11. Personally, I normally don't care what someone wants to do with their doll. I don't like looking at extreme gore, I can admire well done work though. I do like scars and the like with a back story.

I will admit though if I saw a limited, or doll they don't make anymore like some dollshes, with half it's features dremeled off in the name of gore, I would be upset by it a bit.
      Maybe that's wrong to feel like that, because it's their doll and they can do with it what they want.

12. If you don't like them, don't do it to your own doll. It's that simple.
      What other people do to theirs, is their business.

13. Although gore mods are not my thing and I would never own one, I find some of them quite impressive.

I would probably find it amusing to see a sculpt I own as a gore mod. Actually, now that I think of it a Dollshe Husky, with his sad, angry, sorrowful, or otherwise negative expression, might make a good gore mod- just not my baby! :o

14. For me, even if it's a doll I love I know it's not 'MY' doll so it doesn't matter to me.
      I'm indifferent to gore for the most part, I recognize the well done as well and the bad as bad and some of it is really neat.
      I think gore mods are capturing a moment, otherwise it'd be heavy scaring and all that.
      Still, no matter what, it's not my doll and I or anyone else has any right to tell someone what they can do with a doll, limited or scarce or however whatever it may be.
      You bought it, it's yours.

15. Part of what I love about this hobby is how each person takes their doll and makes it their own, completely -- so that even two sculpts that started out identical can end up looking totally different.

So, I don't look at other IH Tatianas and associate them with MY Tatiana... This is my doll, that one's theirs.

So if I were to see a Tatiana gore mod, I'd be really excited because I don't think I've seen one before. ^^ And even with other dolls I love that I DON'T own (yet!), I love seeing what people choose to do...

In the end I love uniqueness in all its forms... I prefer to react to the "final product", rather than the canvas the masterpiece was painted on...

16. Whoa, Understand the whole "it's not my doll"
      But it's like this:
      If you have a Rottweiler with a full tail, then see another with a cut one. I would feel upset, but keep it to myself and friends. I don't really mean going an trolling that person. >.<
      Sorry for the confusion.

17. Well, I like gore ;) So I'd be okay with it. I'd love a gorey dolly, but I have no skills or money so ... I can admire from afar :)

18. A dog is kind of a different matter though, since it's a living creature and can feel pain and all.... :sweat

As for dolls, well it depends on the mod. In general I don't like most gore mods and I've seen a lot of poorly done mods that don't do anything for me, but if they're very well done they can be quite impressive.

19. Sinceeeee I like guro, I can't really complain. XD plus it's not my doll that has the mod yea? .w. there's no way another doll could look just like my babies... but if someone actually replicated my kids faceups on a doll of the same mold, and did a gore mod, I'd be going "HOMG THIS IS AWESOME"...ifthemod's good that is. XD; cos in my storylinethingy, it's easy for any of my kids to get maimed. (I actually have one whom I"m going to do a facial burn on, and most of my SDs will have scars)

20. Cosign. Completely not my idea of what to do to a doll, especially zombie mods.