1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Seeing the doll that you love in gore mod, how to you act?

Feb 27, 2010

1. Heh, I love gore mods and plan to do some on my own dolls. So if I saw a doll the same mold as mine, or one that I dearly love, with a gore mod, I get excited and want to see as much of the mod as possible. I want to know how they did it, with what tools and supplies, and just how extensive the mod is.

2. I love gore mods, so I guess just seeing a gore mod an a doll I adore would more likely pique my interest more than disgust me. I love the different things people can do and the amount of customization that other people do on their dolls, it's really interesting to me :]

3. It's not "confusion", it really seems more like you have a preconceived idea that people are going to feel bothered on some level by the gore mod on the same sculpt of doll that they really love. The reality is that a lot of us either have some liking or interest in the gore mod or else just ignore it because it's not on the doll we own, even if it's on another doll with the same sculpt.

Your dog comparison is WAY off, as a dog is a living being and it's not a case of a factory turning out endless dogs that are MEANT to be customized by their owners. If someone has a great creative idea for a doll involving a gore mod, or cutting up the doll's face and sticking steampunk parts in it, or doing some other extreme mod, that is actually what the doll is FOR. Whereas the dog is not meant to have its tail chopped off or whatever.

The only time I can see myself getting upset by a gore mod on a doll I don't own, whether I express it or not, is if that doll is like one in a tiny handful (like 10 or less) limiteds and I'm trying to get one on the secondary market and now that I see one's been extreme modded, then that's one less doll I might possibly be able to buy. Or else if someone does a poor job on a gore mod or other customization and I think they should have practiced more first or hired someone who knew what they were doing. Neither of those things has to do with me being sad just because it's a gore mod on the same type of doll I like, though.

4. My reaction would be, "Meh. Dark does not equal deep."

5. I think I am OK to accept doll in gore..but depend on the whole image is cool or disgusting...which I think is really depend on the skill of owner. How to make it become beautiful and nice.

but most likely I would not put my dolls in gore mod..coz it is difficult to do so....

6. Honestly, it's not your doll, so you have no buisness feeling offended or anything like that. It might look similar to your doll, but you do not own it, nor have any influence on how it looks, and it should stay that way.

7. lol. This.

8. This is all true; I don't think I would be displeased with the owner for making the gore mods--but probably there would be a moment or two where I might cringe a bit (as I usually do if the mod is graphic, for I am a huge wuss), and then the irrational, superstitious part of my mind would be quietly relieved that my own doll was still her usual self.

9. First off, it's not this "preconceived" whatever, this is curiosity. Don't assume over the internet.
      Second. A dog, and As much I as I hate to say this, is the property of it's owner. And with that right, they can do what ever they want to that said dog, just as long if it's within the law. And lastly. This thread isn't about logic or reasoning or hell, even the doll owner, It's about that one brief moment when you look at the doll you like in a totally different setting and have that personal-split-second feeling. I would personal be sad, but that's just me. As some people stated here, gore mods are awesome and would love to have it on the same doll mold. I wouldn't.
      But since I know people are different from me, I SEEK to learn of other people opinions. And as much I respect your opinion. Don't assume anything about me. It puts that happy feeling I have about people in a headlock.

10. My family would probley kick me out of the house. Not litterally but my parents would never forgive me for modding my doll in the gore fashion. Personally, I like seeing gore dolls, its just amazing to see how people interpret their dolls. If I saw one of my own dolls modded in the gore fashion, I'd probley be a little but... not disturbed I would say but intrigued by the idea.

11. THIS.
      Peronally, I wouldn't "do" anything. I like gore mods a lot, and anyway, unless someone grabbed one of my boys, goreified them and handed them back, I wouldn't actually *care*. Other people's dolls are not mine and even if it were a mold I really liked, it wouldn't make much difference to me. What's someone going to do, tell an owner with a gore modded doll that they're awful for having a mold that *they* like modified in such a way?

12. There is nothing wrong with gore mods if that is what a person likes. However seeing the same type of doll I have with modds does tend to make me unsettled but I just can click the back button and go look at something else. To each his own I say. Just cause I do not like them does not mean there owners and others don't.

13. It depends. There are some horror mods that I really love-- ones that are well done, artistic, and morbidly delicious.

Gore for gore's sake isn't my thing, but I'm a horror geek and I've seen some pretty cool mods.

As for how I'd feel based on the sculpt? Dunno. If it was one that I felt an extreme horror mod didn't suit, I'd move on and forget about it, I guess.

=^__^=
      Anneko

14. a dog is just.. property? uh what. dogs are companions, not playthings like dolls. but whatever.
      on topic, it really wouldn't matter to me, gore mods are nice when done well, and it's not my doll so i'd have no say over it anyway. if you don't like it you don't have to look at it, the replies saying things like that you would not allow it, or would be in shock and cry are just kinda ridiculous. they are only plastic toys afterall.

15. Haha, it isn't my doll so I can't say boo about it. But it would give me a chuckle to see a Feilian mold with the bunny ears as a terrifying zombie. Bunny-zombie from outer-space!

16. I would love to see my favourite sculpts in gore mod just as I like to see them dyed, dressed as boys, dressed as girls, not dressed at all.... The doll being gored up isn't MY beloved doll, so why should I get all bothered over someone else goring up their doll?

Also, this.

And this. If you get all riled up over someone making their doll look bloody and dead, then you should get upset over them being taken apart to be restrung (DISMEMBERING!) or unclothed to clean or redress (SEXUALLY HARASSMENT!), etcetc. These dolls don't have central nervous systems, they don't feel pain. And a dog does have a CNS, it sees, it breathes, it smells, it poops. It's not a hunk of plastic like a doll and it deserves a LOT more consideration than a doll.

17. I rarely look at gore mods in the gallery since they really aren't my thing. I guess i wouldn't feel much ... maybe kind of "ick" if it was a bad mod or like "wtf??" if it was what i consider a sweet sculpt like Carol and the mod didn't really work for her in my opinion. but whatever, i wouldn't comment on it if it wasn't my thing and just go on to the next gallery photo that interested me.

18. Probably I'll go OMG mode and that will be it. Personally I don't like gore mod, but it's their dolls and they're entitled to do whatever they want to do with their dolls.

19. I guess it depends on what you consider gore, for one. For different people that could be different things. For one, it could be a teensy scar, for another, red rims around the eyes and creepy eyes chosen, for somebody else it could be a splatterfest that would make the Saw movies seem tame by comparison.

Two of the dolls I'm working on will have scars. A third... is going to be a little more Hellraiser. I don't have an issue with gore on that level. What I do have an issue with is anything done in a way I think is ugly or shoddy, which is why they aren't done yet -- I don't have the skills to pull it off as yet, especially the latter project.

It really is just one option among so very many. I can think of other things that would make by brow twitch a little more readily. ;)

20. Wow, that comment is gonna offend a lot of pet owners and animal rights people.... That is why it is NOT within the law to hurt your dog. Even dying a dogs fur has been considered abuse here is Colorado, and that was with safe dye. (Boulder) You cannot MOD your dog. You cannot pierce his ears, change the way his face looks or hurt him in any way without going against the law...
      They have rights. Of course I am sure (I hope) you did not mean anything by that comment but careful what you say. :doh

That said, of course dolls do not. Everyone knows they are property. Some people just don't wanna look at it. I though about it, and thought at first that it is a shame to do it to limiteds, but then, not really, cause it is yours anyway, and makes the other limiteds even more limited. :lol: Dolls are a way we can achieve whatever we want to do - except life.

I did a 'gore mod' on my basement when it flooded. I smeared red paint like blood everywhere and did a chalk outline on the floor and wrote messages on the walls. I put skulls, and saws and stuff for my Halloween party. It was AWESOME. Nobody said, 'oh no how could you'! Though some questioned my sanity. It is still like that. o.o I really need to hire someone to finish it.