1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Seeing the doll that you love in gore mod, how to you act?

Feb 27, 2010

1. I wouldn't mind at all. Lol. I think it's nice to see your fav dolls, or the dolls you have look different. It's nice knowing that they look good all different ways. So, yeah. Lots of fun there. XD

2. I think I'd be knocked out of my chair, and might stay under the desk for a while :( I'm very attached to the particular mold that my girls are (they're twins, same mold), so to see any of them be "hurt" wouldn't be fun. I'd also inwardly feel as if that doll is 'gone forever'- these girls aren't being made anymore, so there's a limited number of them. They're not a limited, they're discontinued, so there's no way of knowing how many are left until they're all gone. That frightens me :shudder

3. Hehe.. I always love to see all the things that other people do with the dolls that I like, so I wouldn't mind, rather find it interesting :)

4. I find some gore mods to be interesting, even the really extreme ones, so long as they're done well. I think it would be neat if I saw my doll in a gore mod!

5. I'm not into the gore mod deal, but if that person likes it then they can do whatever they want. Just as long as the one i own isn't like that. i would probably get really spooked by my doll since I get scared really easy.

6. I feel it's their doll, their choice and none of my business. I like to see the different things people can do with one sculpt.

7. I've said it a thousand times in this hobby, so here's one thousand one: "If ya can't say sumthin NICE, don't say Nuthing At ALL."

8. It doesn't make a difference if it's a sculpt I own or not, since there are usually many of any one sculpt and all look different depending on what their owners do with them. The hypothetically modded doll is it's owner's doll, not mine or anyone else's. I've seen some zombie type mods I've liked--I like horror movies anyway, and the effort and skill that went into the dolls was impressive. Is it the type of doll I want to actually own? No, not really, but I can appreciate the work that goes into a skilled mod none the less.

9. I honestly believe that a poorly done, unimaginative faceup/mod that's meant to be sweet and cute is hundred times uglier than a scary and gory mod done with daring and artistic skill. Personally, monsters are not my cup of tea, but I respect anyone with a distinct vision and a skill to implement it well.

10. Most gore mods make me want to cry. All I can think is, "But, he was so-- and now he's-- Oh my god that poor thing!! *sob*"
      But I guess, as long as the owner loves him/her, its ok...

11. IMO this hobby is about expression; of self, of inner worlds, and artistic talents so, I find (well done) modding of ANY capacity is just taking something already wonderful and making it moreso, however executed. A persons dolls are THEIRS-they didnt borrow money from YOU or take YOUR doll to scar, mutilate or gore, nor was it done to offend you on a personal level. They simply took THEIR OWN money and bought THEIR OWN doll to do what moved or felt right to THEM, which is what its really all about. Thats the beauty of creativity--its all subjective.
      I mean really...Lets not forget something I think we all at DoA can relate to on the flip side of this-for every 1 person Ive met who is into BJD's, I know 5 others that think even the sweetest Puki or most cherubic Bisou is the creepiest thing they ever saw. Think of that when you cringe at a gore mod, think of the last stranger who saw you with your "baby" in public and how it made you feel when they looked at you with preconceived notions of taste.

12. I'm all for it, and honestly wouldn't mind seeing something like that. In a way, it'd be like a different microverse version of my doll in my mind. I can't expect him to be the same in every universe, let alone in the same state. XD And people whose artistic vision is so daring are really admirable. I think I'd be more excited if they did a really good job of it, I'd totally root for it in its artistic merit.
      Besides, it's not as if my doll (if he counts as a whole one yet...) is in much of a state to really talk, being in the very beginner/just-a-head stages... I still think he's cute, but I think I've sufficiently weirded out my family and friends. XD

13. It doesn't bother me so long as it's done well. In some cases it can add to the doll's 'persona'. Someone here, can't remember who has a Hound who is very scarred and it's very well-done. I see a lot of beautiful and perfect Hounds here but this one always sticks out in my mind. I always want to give him a hug.. :)

14. OKAY i'm just going to say Gore Mods scare me sooo bad, I can't even look at them.
      I couldn't even get passed the first picture in grotesque mod's portfolio...couldn't even look at it for more than one second! ^^; But I can totally pledge that those mods were done super amazingly with lots of love and dedication. I could never say no to the work that's put into them...even if i can't look at them! I can't get into gore mods, and never ever look at anything entitled GORE in the gallery, But I have a bad fear of looking at wounds or anything wound-like in real life. I can't watch a gore related movie to save my life, never even watched one SAW movie. Usually if i see those creepy shows on tv i'm so scared i can't even move to change the channel and freeze (which makes it ten times worse) ^^;
      Even if gore mods scare me, I think it's okay for owners who want them to have them. I'd probably never want to see my doll in one though! All my friends keep teasing me about how they're going to get a grotesque gore mod one day just to freak me out and make me cry ^^;
      ..there's been too many times where people don't put Gore mod warnings on their threads....it gets scarring after awhile where you don't wanna look at anything in that section <:U

15. If it's well done, then THUMBS UP. Gore mods are awesome. 8D

16. Lol, I love gore. Though surprisingly, none of my dolls have any gore mods yet. I would love to see sculpts I own guro'd up.

PS, I am a huge Silent Hill/(Forbidden) Siren fan. So of course I love any scary or weird doll.

17. Wow, that image is rather gory! :)

But for me...I would be fine with it. I have a bunch of Living Dead Dolls so there ya go. But I am more into ghosties than gory.

18. As long as its done in a tasteful manner then it wouldn't both me. I actually like looking at gore mods, and I appreciate the time and effort a person puts into the mod.

19. i think gore mods are sick in a good way....i think its extremely difficult for some one to do gore on a beautiful doll and make it look real and to make it look good and i would never put a knife or torch to my doll so i applaud any one with the guts to do so

20. I'd probably squeal in fangirl joy XD seeing as I love horror (mostly zombies) I would really love my doll a lot nonetheless. :)