1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Seeing the doll that you love in gore mod, how to you act?

Feb 27, 2010

1. I think it would be awesome to just see another person with my doll, let alone take the time, effort and skill to extreme mod it! Lol owning a doll from a new and unpopular company. xD

Gore mods aren't my thing but don't freak me out. Horror mods are totally my thing though. I've forgotten the username of the person, but there was someone doing Lovecraft inspired horror mods to their dolls? I am in awe of those! I don't have a character at all who would fit, but dammit, I would make one if I ever got my hands on a doll like that.

I also like vampire dolls with a bit of gore on them. And steampunk mods! Man, robot parts are so so brutally cool.

Sadly I have neither the talent nor materials, not to mention the money to mod my dolls. But I know that in the future I will be entrusting my dolls to a talented artist to change them into something horrifying and beautiful.

2. I would be like, "Ooh. Cool," and then move on. :XD: Really, I like gore mods when they're done well, and I'm indifferent to those that aren't. Even if the mods are on a sculpt I love. It's not my doll!

3. Ho boy, there went about 20 minutes I'll never get back reading this thread, mostly trying to ignore those cuckoo clock sounds in my head...
      But in any event, back to the OP, I don't personally like gore and ironically that is what I do for a living. In fact I have to get up in about 8 hours and go to my job which last week involved a broken nose, black eyes, bullet wounds and a couple generic good beatings. On film of course. However I would have never thought of doing that to one of my dolls although very rarely I have seen something gothic/gorey and thought, wow very cool. I didn't even really like Cecile the scarface. Then I saw Unidolls Dark Magician Jace. And bought him that day. Very unlike me, I usually need time to decide. But Harry had to come home to me, he is fantastic. I had always loved Jace, but this was the Jace for me. And it was strange, as I usually like to do my own faceups, and he came with one. Along with an open wound. With gems in it. Seriously. And he was a fortune, but I had to have him. And my husband saw him and didn't even protest. He was perfect, much to my surprise.
      So I think the answer for me would be, I'm open. I don't know if I would ever plan it, but I like surprises.

4. I've never even seen a gore mod @w@;;
      Now I'm all interested and want to see one :XD:

5. That should be easy as the word "gore" is four letters, and usually people put warnings in their photo shoots. Just do a search I am sure you will come up with many.

6. I really don't like Gore mods- I generally ignore them on principle, but out of curiosity for what other people have done with the same sculpts I have, I'd probably take a look, cringe a little (all Gore mods creep me out) and go about my business. I've seen other versions of my dolls before on the forum, and while I think it's interesting to see what others do with them, I keep in mind that my dolls are unique simply because they're mine, so no matter what kind of mods and things other people do to theirs, mine are the only ones that are... well, mine. XD

7. I saw a DZ doll modded to look like a zombie and I thought she looked cool. But then I saw a gore mod that had what looked like pus coming out of the doll's eye and I was disgusted. >_< We each have our own limits and preferences when it comes to this. But I personally wouldn't want to own a doll in gore mod.

8. It would bother me if it really was MY doll. For example if I sold a doll for whatever reason that is not complete ignorance towards him/her, I would with all honesty be freaked if the next owner did a serious gore mod on that doll. Other than that, I don't care much, people can do what they want, it's just my choice not to look at them too much cause I'm not interested in gore.

9. I suppose because I do special effects makeup that I understand that it is just pretend. Make believe. Personally usually I don't like to make believe with blood, just for money, but for my Harry I see his "wound" or "injury" as a more psychological infliction. Like others can't see it. Like pain that on most is worn on the inside.

10. not sure, depends what's been done and how well it's been done

11. Hrm. I think it'd be interesting to look at, but it really depends on the quality of the mod. Badly done mods are just that, badly done. Doesn't matter what it is. Gore mods just leave so much more room for screwing up. If the quality of the mod is good, I'd love to see a Qian all done up! Mind you, never going to happen with my girl (except maybe in photoshop...)!

12. I have no problem with it, personally, as long as it's done nicely. Dolls with bad mods/faceups of any kind just make me want to "rescue" them. ;o;

But I'm a total horror geek, so good gore/horror mods make me happy for some reason. :>;;

13. "eeewww! D8..... woa." That was basically it. XDD it's actually really impressive to me how someone can make something so disgusting and so well. It does disturb me just a bit though, especially since I myself don't really like gorey movies but can still watch them. Many probably don't consider it an art but I think of it as creative.

14. While I don't necessarily like it, I'd rather see a skillfully done mod rather than a doll that's not been taken care of or has been modded by someone who has no idea what they're doing. I've seen gore mods that are very nicely executed and faceups that make me cry, they're so awful.

15. It's scary, so I wouldn't look it up, but I wouldn't exactly care. If the one I have is fine, then everything's ok. Obviously no one will mod your doll without your permission, so I'm not bothered by this.

16. Well I LOVE gore and cool mods, so Id be all for it ^_^ Besides, once I have the doll, its not the sculpt I love. Its the individual doll I'm attached to, so I could care less what people do with their own.

17. I would love to see a gore mod on my doll~! I've always loved gore (grew up with Resident Evil ;D) and I think, in some cases, it can be sexy~ ^^

18. Totally agree...the same for me with very eroge interpretations. I saw a version of one of my dolls (another person's obviously) depicted in a very compromising way (elsewhere, not here on DoA). My heart was sick.

I know it is the person's choice to do whatever to his or her dolls = modding or photographing...gore, erotic, etc. But yeah, it bothers me if it is the same as one of my dolls. I also try to shy away from any of those threads or posts. Just not my thing.

19. i really don0t mind at all..
      i mean, my dolls are unique.. I really don't care what people do with their own dolls, even if it's the same sculpt..
      It's not the sculpt itself which makes the doll..
      so i usually never think "it's the same sculpt" it's another doll..(at least not in this situations, i usually look at similar sculpts for reference when I still do not own) and it's not mine.. so who cares.. if I don't like something, I just don't watch it...

20. EXACTLY this!