1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Self control on $ when it comes to BJD....

Mar 29, 2007

1. I'm usually an impulse buyer. But with these guys being so expensive, it's not really conceivable to just buy one at the drop of a hat whenever I want. So for these, saving is the way to go, or the way I have to go. Although I did just impulse buy my DoD Tender E-an, I have a feeling I won't be getting another one anytime soon. (Have to recover from this first one after all!)

2. o, man i dont have much self control when i actualy have mony to spend. lol i like to spend mony on nice stuff for my boy Azrael. hes just sucha sweety, and i ow it to him.......:sweat dont ask abot what i did to him, hell get mad at me again. lol

~Kat

3. ...I really hate to admit it, but I'm an impulse buyer. XD;;;
      Uh, I have a bad habit for liking limited things, so if I don't order them immediately I'll worry for ages about if it's going to be sold out (and this has happened several times when I wasn't able to buy ASAP >___>)
      I also cannot keep hold onto money for very long for blowing it all. I usually spend all my money on doll clothes without thinking about it very much. Dx

4. I only had one impulse buy. The rest will be planned. I gotta have self-control because as everybody says- it's too expensive to be an impulse. :) I don't have self-control when it comes to buying accessories though. Tinier impulse buys are easier to justify than a gynormous one. :)

5. I'm extreamly impulsive. I change my mind constantly, too. But I usually don't regret it, but when I do, I can normally get my monies back.

It helps a lot to find a piggybank or box that you CANNOT open without smashing it. XD I've started that, and it keeps my monies all together, and dons't give me acsess without smashing my lovely bank. XD Lol.

But then again, if you like smashing things, that might not be a good idea. LOL.

It also helps a lot that I'm young. I don't have a job, thus I don't have much money, but if I did, I would probably have more dolls than I do now. I also don't have a creditcard, and I don't have paypall, so I have to ask my mom to use hers. XD

But then again... if there is a really good deal, I jump to it. XD My Flexi body was sort of an impulse buy... I wanted the body for a long time but just couldn't afford to spend 400 bucks on it without a job or anything. But when it went to 50% off, it gave me the perfect excuse to buy it and get my first SD, and bring my baby Asanu home. ^__^

6. Ok, my first question is.. is there even such a thing as self control when it comes to money and bjd's. I dont personally have a doll yet, but one of my friends does.. and idk if its the size for a bjd or made for a bjd and it dosnt cost over 50 dollars.. she snatchs it up, two months later they have a clearance on said item and shes all whiny about it! she has absolutely no self control. they just opened a doll shop near where she lives.... i think she spent 3/4ths of her paycheck in that store...(not that its bad for the store im sure they're probably worshiping her by now) Im dreading otakon this year, shes gonna make a bee line for artist alley and buy up as much bjd stuff as she can ^^;

7. For me, the rule is simple 'If you can't afford it, DO NOT buy it'.

I've seen how lives can be ruined by debts. Dolls aren't worth getting into debt over and ruining my life.
      Most of my dolls have been well-planned and thought-over purchases. When that much money is involved, I don't spend it lightly.

8. I’m a bit of both just in general. With Hitoshi I has been thinking about if for a while before I actually did it but when it came right down to the purchase I had the money in hand at the time so I just went ahead and made the purchase. It was kind of nerve wracking because it just happened so suddenly.

9. AHAHAHAHHAHA SELF CONTROL.

Lol. What's that?

10. My girl was a bit of an impluse buy - I did think about it for a couple of days before the order, but with the V-day event being so good, I couldn't resist. :sweat I literally just had enough money for her, as now I'm completely wiped out and rather desperately job-hunting.

She was worth it, though :D Although I'm currently having to very much ignore the credit card offers I get from my bank on a regular basis... I already have a card that's almost maxed, I don't think I need another *_* I know fine well if I had a completely empty card I'd go ahead and order one from my ever-growing wishlist :lol: I must have some money before I spend it!

I think I'll have to set myself rules before I buy another, like actually selling some stuff on the Marketplace first... :sweat

11. I'm a bit of both. I find that I look and look and research what I want a LOT. But then I leave it for awhile, and suddenly decide, I want that right NOW and suddenly I've bought it.

12. Me?

NO self control whatsoever.

True, I did save up to get Ed, but I tend to buy everything else impulsively. I just got a job with The Newyorker, and they pay $1000 for a one panel comic, and even more for the front page illustration. O O My first thought was "YES!!! I can finally get my Supia Roda!!!!" *happy happy* But my Mom (who unfortunately still has control over me...><) is making my put half of it in savings for a car, and only allowing me to spend $100 of it. WTF. Ah well, I pestered her enough so that she's gonna let me spend $500, but I still feel bad because it made her kidna angry. Ah well...We'll see how it works out.

But anyway, I have no self control. I buy something as soon as I get the money. xD NO SHAME. WOOT!

13. The only impulse purchase I ever made was my very first doll, and then I ended up selling her because I didn't bond. Now I really take time looking over dolls before buying because I realize that I'm pretty fickle when it comes to the dolls I like. There are too many who I fall in love with for about a month, then completely forget about so for me, it's better to just take my time. But most of the time I have no money anyway, so maybe it's more like I'm forced to be patient rather than something I do because I choose to. ^^

14. Umm because bjds are quite pricey I do have to count my pennies first. But I gave in on March payday and bought Uyoo Elf because I had enough spare cash. I'm normally quite spontaneous and feel the guilt later with regards to doll purchases. If they were only £10-£50 per doll like some of the other dolls I collect then no I wouldn't bother thinking about it I would be going bananas buying them.

15. he no one likes to wait but is most assured that you will get a doll that youl ove if you wait!

I waited a year before I got my first doll then I quickly got another doll and it was an impulse purchase and I was soo not happy with her. I kept her 3 months in her box then sold her..

I vote in favor of waiting!

16. I have poor self control with it comes to buying "little" things, like a shirt here, a pair of pants there, just one wig, etc. I think if I sold off all the crap I've bought for Beren so far I'd have enough for another doll. *_* Its actually quite frustrating, because I'm badly wanting my next doll and really trying to not buy anything until I have the money for him. But just 4 days ago I failed again and bought a pair of doll jeans. ;_;

17. I have had basically no self control at all when it comes to dolls. Then 5 in three months is alot. I'm just lucky to have the cash to buy them.

-Anneke

18. It's very hard t control my spending habit. Even though there is a doll head I want right now. Unfortunately. I just started a bank account. And I won't have acess to my money for two weeks.

19. Well, I dun have incomes so high to spend money on dolls at once ^^;;
      I try to save them, but I have to admit saving for one is hard when u can see new wigs, shoes etc going out ; ;
      I have hard time keeping myself off the websites >< and not to order awesome new shoes for my Prishe ; ;

I love those dolls, but I think I know where to stop, I wouldnt ask all ppl I know to borrow me money just becuz new limited doll came out.

20. I've been waiting it out for the past couple years, usually something comes up with a bill or something, but lately I've been helping a friend out, but my tax return is coming so that is in my fund.
      I'm biding my time and not spending money on things I don't need, but even things I do need adds up really fast. -_-