1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

"Sell your dolls" says the potential mate

Apr 24, 2010

1. The most happy and successful marriages I've seen are where the couple either share hobbies, or respects and appreciates the other person's hobbies and interests. Marriage or any serious relationship is a partnership, and requires respect, compromise and co-operation from both people.

2. If you two live together and you're not filling up all your living space with dolls, you're only using your extra money to purchase them (and thus you're still able to pay for your expenses), and your partner doesn't have some sort of fear of dolls (which I would assume would have been made known while you were dating, and I would then assume that you guys would deduce that taking the relationship to that level is probably a bad idea), there's no reason why they should be telling you to sell your dolls. If they were, then I don't know how long that relationship will last. It's not even about the dolls. It just sounds so controlling to want someone to stop their hobby when it doesn't affect you at all. There are some activities that I could see being morally objectionable even if they don't cause financial strain or damage to your shared living space or your own personal emotional distress, but I don't know why you'd bother with that person anyway, never mind trying to change them. :p

3. My fiancé does not like my dolls. He hasn't told me to get rid of them (yet) but he has made it clear that he wants nothing to do with them. I don't think this is a hobby that you can tell a person to stop. I can see it to be resonable to be asked to slow down on collecting but never to just get rid of them.

4. *grabs the dolls and places them in my coffin along with me* hahahahaha nope dies alone is a ok

5. I'm not a modular thing and nobody gets to choose which parts of me they want and which parts go in the garbage because they're a little moldy. This ain't Subway.

6. Nobody tells me what to do with MY stuff, especially when we're only dating and not in a established relationship. If they don't like me having dolls, well tough luck buddy, just move on.

7. I'm lucky, cause my girlfriend likes dolls. If she started telling me to sell them, it would hurt, cause I trust her, but I'd really have to look at why. If she meant "can you please try to get some cash so we can move out," I'd do it in less than a heartbeat.

If she meant "I'm bored of your hobby now and want to put the money into something I find more enjoyable," I'd remind her whose money it is. my response will be the nope to end all nopes.

#547 Chameleon, Dec 29, 2015
      Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    8. Honestly, if my SO or even a potential SO told me to get rid of my doll(s), I would be a little upset but I would ask why. I don't think they would tell me to get rid of them without a reason, but if it is simply for the reason that they just don't like them and they weren't willing to compromise with me I won't with them, they would be gone before my doll(s).

9. Absolutely not. If I sell something of mine, it will be my decision and my decision alone. I wouldn't be with someone who hated them that much, anyway.

I can be the spinster aunt! I'll deal with that.

10. The wife just gets to deal with the fact that the roommate and I are slowly going to take over the entire house with resin.
      No one I dated/date/whatever is ever going to dictate what I like or own. It does not happen. My parents taught me better- embrace your hobbies and don't let someone try to change you when you don't need changing.

11. Unless they are actually terriefied of them? And even then.. I don't think I would get rid of them for that. Maybe find a compromise to get the dolls out of sight. In a seperate room or even a closed of space where a potential SO thinks they can't come get him. Or maybe leave them at my parents house or so? But I don't think I would get rid of them, even if he would be scared to death. If he tells me for other reasons, to send them away, then I guess he can go pack his stuff. Since my dolls are a part of my creativity and I would just be devistated and heartbroken if I can't work on them in a while. I don't need them to be around me constantly. So that' why I would even agree on leaving them at my parent's house. But I do like the thought of being able to touch, see and work on them whenever I feel like.

So no, I wouldn't get rid of them, but consider the reasons why someone asks me too. And if they're reasonable (youth trauma or being terrified of them), I might try to find a compromise.