1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sellers guilt

Jun 15, 2011

1. I can't imagine anyone falling out of love with Unoas -- Lusis and Sist were my grail dolls. I would feel not only guilt if I got rid of them -- I would be totally devastated!

2. I feel guilty because my roommates get attached to the characters, and THEY get sad when I sell a doll. It hasn't stopped me from selling anyone, but I feel guilty because it makes them disappointed! XD

3. I've only sold two so far, and I was surprised that I really only felt relief. They didn't work for me, so I was much happier to see them find homes with people who would appreciate them more. On the other hand, I do have one I'm planning to sell because I'm changing sizes for a specific storyline, but I still rather like him so I think I will feel some guilt and sadness letting him go.

For me, clearing out what I don't really need in my collection makes me feel good :sweat.

4. If I'm thinking about selling a doll, I box them up and put the whole thing in the closet for a while. If I don't want to run and rescue them immediately, they can be safely sold because I'm not that attached to that particular doll.

I've only sold one bjd doing it this way, and I don't regret selling the doll. She never fit in. I used the money for a doll I adore, so all is good. :)

5. I feel that if a doll isn't getting the attention from me rehoming her or him is a good thing. I have felt remorse once about a doll I sold and wished I hadn't but not guilty.

6. I did a few times but didn't think too much into it.

7. I go through a lot of back-and-forth when I think to sell one of my personal dolls. However, usually they are dolls I have been distant to since I bought them. I usually test myself though... I have a friend who loves to borrow my dolls to make clothes for them, so I'll hand over the doll I'm thinking of selling to her for a few weeks or so. If I go through that whole time without truly missing the doll I let her borrow, it's a sign that I won't be devastated if I sell it. So far, my dolls I've sold have all stayed within the local doll group, and I admit, I'm happier to see what their new owners do with them than seeing them sitting on my shelf. XD

8. I totally understand seller's guilt.. I have not sold anything so far (only bought like crazy in the last few months :lol: ), but I think about selling my very first doll because a) she doesn't fit the character and b) I've never really liked her mold to begin with. I was just starting out and wanted a cheap BJD to see if the hobby was for me. She was well-loved, don't get me wrong, but now 9 dolls later I can tell what I like and dislike, and I even have an appropriate doll already(!) to re-shell the character, yet I keep desperately trying to make myself like her. New wig, new eyes, you name it... I just feel so guilty about selling her - my very first doll! :(

9. I haven't sold a BJD however I have sold a couple of model horses, as they are expensive and when I want a new one sometimes you have to let go in order to get the one you want, and I feel such guilt! I have only managed to sell a couple which I really didn't like. Though this means I have loads now which I feel I could part with but never actually do in the end. It's hard for me to do because I become so attached to my things. :'(

10. I have sold 4 BJDs now. And I don't feel guilty about that. Two of them I sold just because I needed money at the time. I liked both of them and I am gonna maybe buy a same mold as they were. I am not sure about that but I like their mold.
      And one a doll I sold cause it was anthro. I felt bad about that and so I sold him and bought something what I really like.
      Latest doll what I sold was my first doll. I liked the mold and everything but it was so hard to find clothes for him. I spend so much money for his wigs, clothes and shoes. Still he didn't look like what I wanted. I don't feel bad about for selling those dolls they went home where they were wanted.

11. I have the very bad habit of selling dolls a few weeks after I got them... I never felt guilt about it but I regretted a few :(

12. I've sold five dolls so far since I got into this hobby, and I've never felt any seller's guilt. It takes me a while to decide to sell a doll, so when I've made the decision I'm pretty certain that they don't fit in with what I want any more.

13. I have lost count of how many dolls I have sold. Some I miss and others I barely remember. I do a lot of trades so sometimes I trade for dolls I am not sure about just to try someone new. I have re-purchased dolls that I have sold. My Volks Chika, so dumb. The only doll I regret selling is my Kurumi. I put in for her at Volks for a friend who really wanted her. I never thought I would win her ( I didnt my husband did) so my friend also won from another company. Well you cannot cancel from Volks so I figured I can always sell her or keep her. I was going to keep her until my CC company doubled my interest due to the economy. Never missed a payment ever! So I could not afford to keep her and sold her. I keep thinking I dont NEED her but someday I may get her again if the opportunity arose.

14. I am like Taco in the sense that once I made up
      My mind that I am selling a doll then I am emotionally detached from them.

The sale if one doll turned into a daytime drama like details which left a vet bad after-taste in my mouth that I regretted for not being able to make the right judgement when selecting the right buyer. At end I was so emotionally drained that I gave the doll to my friend at 50% of the original cost I paid to Soom so she could get rid of it for me.

15. I have only sold one doll, it was a minifee chloe (yes, many people's favorite) that got home and I realise I don't like it at all. So I got rid of her after two days' of arrival. I don't feel guilty coz I never like her. But I could never image selling the twins. I have put in so much effect for them. I learn to sew and craft for them. I don't think I could sell them one day. maybe change the body, but the heads would never go.

16. I have sold a bunch of dolls since being in this hobby. I found that if I lost interest in them/got bored with them they will have to go. I dont like keeping dolls that dont inspire me anymore around. I feel relieved if they go to new homes with new owners appreciating them more than me. I also love seeing what the new owners will do with them. The only guilt I felt was selling my RS Song. But I got another one in the end, who turned out better than the last one so it's fine!

17. I've sold a lot of dolls, but there's only one who I regret selling, and it doesn't help that I won't be able to find her again. Her new owner loves her though so I'll live.

18. I can totally understand sellers guilt. However, I feel guilty if I'm not giving my doll enough attention. I would rather sell them to someone who would love them than just have them sit on a shelf and get dusty!

19. I completely regret selling my Unoa Lusis. Everytime I saw the mold on DoA my heart would melt, I wanted one so badly! The mold is just so beautiful...so I did all the research, saved up, and made sure I was going to be ordering her the right way through Crescent Shop. I got my times right and all my planning for her went through and she was mine after an unbearably long waiting period. I think it was about 6 months. Anywho, I hadnt had her for a long time before I felt like I wasn't bonding with her the way I thought I would be, so I sold her. Now I have no idea where the money that I got from selling her went, so I suppose I would call it a waste, and I still fall in love with the mold every time I see it. My heart is always filled with regret :/

20. Yes and no.

I feel bad buying dolls and forcing characters that my friends bond to and I don't. I feel like I run through a lot of dolls and almost always have a want list or a few up for sale. So I feel more guilty that so many go in and out of my house and I can't seem to just settle down and be happy with what I have. Sometimes, I feel like I should just sell them all off except Amir and Loki. But then I know I'd miss the others.

If I don't feel a connection with a doll, they get 3 chances. Total makeover. New faceup, new eyes, new wig, new style, new character. If I have not accepted them by the 3rd try, its hopeless. Once I come to terms with the fact that I'm just NOT bonding, I'm relieved when they do sell.

And then I go find another doll...>.>