1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sellers guilt

Jun 15, 2011

1. I have sold some of my dolls at doll shows or meets.
      It is hard to let go but to see others happy with a treasured find, and I know they will have a good home, then it is fine.
      I ask myself, do I really need this doll? Do I still want to care for it? If I answer NO to both questions, it is time for them to travel.
      What I get is some money to fund another doll that I know I will like and keep for a much longer time.

It certainly is a very strange cycle, sort of like the hampster on the wheel that does not know how to stop or get off but keeps on going.

2. I really don't think I get it. What's the point of buying a doll if your going to turn around and sale him or her. I collect all kinds of toys. But it has gotten so bad that my family is now calling me a horder. They keep telling me to sale some of my toy, o.k. a lot of my toy. I'm having a hard time letting go:( Every time I pick up some thing to go I think of how much I really like it, so it stay's:D At this rate nothing is going to go. Help me understand the just let go. Some one else is going to enjoy it. What about me?

3. I've sold a lot of dolls... like 16 I think? And none of them I have ever regretted selling except for one. But mostly, it just because there's a tiny greedy person in my brain that I must be rid of! So the story is, I had this head that I bought off the second hand market a couple of years ago for $50. I recently sold her with a body for $300 +shipping... only to discover later how in demand that particular head was... in which people were offering for the head ONLY $200!!! So yes, I definitely cried over that one. And the worst part is, I paid $60 for shipping to Europe but only charged the person $20 I think... sometimes I'm just too nice. :(

4. I don't have any regret nor guilt for selling my doll.
      I feel more regret and guilt if I don't sell him.
      I've lost interest on him because of personal matter.
      He deserved a loving owner.

5. ​Haven't had it over the one doll I sold.

6. It;s difficult for me to part with anything, but dolls are the things I have the most trouble letting go of. I have sold fashion dolls now and again, and haven't felt bad about doing so because in each instance they looked too different from their prototypes for my taste. I haven't sold any full BJDs yet, only some Volks School Heads after I figured out that I really don't need more than one to practice painting on. I've also come to the realization that I prefer full sets with factory face-ups to blank dolls. Gradually though I am feeling like it's a good idea to thin out my collections. Once I really decide what's going, I'm determined to look on it as freeing experience, rather than anything to feel guilt over. ;)

Juli DC :)

7. No matter how much the doll cost, even it's very expensive, if you like it you should save money for it, or it will be a waste.

8. When I sold three of the five dolls I owned, I did feel a bit of guilt at first. I thought that if I just held out and bought them the new clothes and wigs I wanted for them or envisioned for their personalities, they'd fit right in. But, in the end, I didn't want to waste money on things that may or may not work. It was frustrating, seeing them sitting there stagnantly. I wanted to pursue other hobbies and be more wise with my expenses at the time, so dolls with no purpose were essentially just cash waiting to be liquidated. While I did feel guilty selling them, I guess you could say I felt even more guilt by just having them there for no reason other than the fact that I couldn't get over my own sentimentality. It was hard, but I chose to let them go.

Whatever guilt I felt was immediately dissipated by the fact that the dolls went to owners who gave them so much more attention than I did and could ever do. The dolls are being played with more, their new owners are very happy with them, and, thanks to the layaway plans, I have an income of sorts for the next few months. :XD:

9. Pft, yeah. But I didn't feel it for the longest time.

My first doll was an Iple Tatiana and I felt like I hadn't bonded with her because I couldn't find the right personality for her. I bought my second doll and fell madly in love and so, sold the first. And I was fine with that for many years. Now I want her back, haha! Not just her sculpt, but HER.

But, instead, I'll do the next best thing and just rebuy the sculpt. Besides, the person I sold her to sold her again and so now I doubt I'd find her again. But, if she's with who I think she's with then I've seen her in several photoshoots and know she's having a wonderful time so I'm not too upset :)

10. It's a relief to me. I feel so much better after I sell a doll that isn't working. I know it's going to someone who truly wants it. And I don't have the pressure anymore of trying to force it to fit into my doll family.

11. I've only ever sold one doll, and it was for the best. While I adored him and thought he was cute, I just didn't bond with him at all. Thankfully, I found a buyer who had been dying to get the exact sculpt that I had and now the doll is with somebody who can really appreciate him.

I had a brief moment of "WTF DID I JUST DO?", mostly because I was a nervous wreck about the whole process. (I'm a champion worrier, so sue me) And I felt a little sad to let him go, but as I said, it was for the best. I was able to use that money towards other RL things that I needed, and the buyer who has him now was extremely pleased with their purchase. That made me feel TONS better.

12. I'm going through this right now. I'm getting ready to list my first doll, my Bobobie Ophelia. She's coming back as a hybrid Iplehouse Eva, who I find absolutely perfect.
      My Ophelia is sheet white with huge eyes, and I don't plan on have any unrealistic dolls anymore. I bought her because she was cheap, and was happy for a few years, but as I started really writing out my doll's stories, not having her fit in killed me. So I decided a week or so ago to sell her.
      She's been with me for over four years, and she's acquired some minor damage and yellowing. I know I won't get much for her, but what really hurts me is knowing someone will probably buy her for a mod doll or spare parts. Also, I do feel like I'm giving up on her, because her company, and especially sculpt, are "underdogs".

I've always have trouble letting go, and I'm really starting to feel it now... :(

13. I usually sell a doll only if I'm certain I'm ready to let go; usually after a lot of hem-hawing, and I wait for a month or so before putting up a sales thread. There have been many instances where I find that I'm not ready to part with the doll, so I don't. So far, I have not regretted selling any of my resin dolls.

14. I had to sell all my dolls cus of finacial resons....i felt so guitly selling some of them. (Soom Amber to be precise)

Because i know i can never ever get those dolls again. They where limited.