1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Selling your dolls, do you ever buy a sculpt back?

Dec 4, 2018

1. Good morning, sweet summer child. You’ve now sold so many dolls I don’t want to count them. You’ve sold full sets, you’ve sold dolls in parts, you’ve sold two bodies to one person in one go, you’ve done this selling thing.

Of my doll sales, I would rebuy:
      -tan ingenue (why did you let her go?)
      -feeple65 lacrima (but in tan this time, not NS)
      -bronze scorpion vesuvia body
      -HID Carina
      -Dollshe 26f body, just with a head that matches it this time.
      -I did re-buy Dollshe bernard from the friend I sold him to
      -maybe f65 roke if I had an idea for him?

2. Yes, I sold a Fairyland ChicLine Rou and regretted it severely and was able to (thankfully) get one again. This was years ago, and finding a Chicline on the secondhand market nowadays is difficult. Not going to do that again! This is the only doll that I shouldn’t have sold, but did anyway. Lesson learned!

3. I sold my Pukipuki Flora around 6 months ago, and while I don't necessarily regret it as I had to at the time, I do miss her and would certainly consider buying one again in the future.

4. No. I sold my first doll only and He is not a good match for my future crew. (His head is too big)

5. I've sold and bought back the prettiest BJD I ever had. I sold it when I lost interest in any dolls or doll-related crafting, but the better changes in life stirred up my interest in the doll hobby again. I once looked online just browsing if I would see a similar doll for sale, and to my big surprise saw my old one just listed on ebay! I now have her back as well as her ''twin sister'', and would never part with them again.

6. I’ve done this for:

Souldoll Juno
      Supia Doll Minisup Hayul
      Supia Doll Minisup Dorothy
      Doll Leaves Yoko
      Minifee Eva
      Minifee Rendia

though, I will say, I only sold their original dolls because I really needed the money at the time, not because I no longer liked them.

7. So far, no. I have sold around 10 dolls or heads, and only feel happy for letting each one go. I've sold a sculpt I still own and like twice though as I had duplicates. I prefer owning only one of the same sculpt and even body.

I don't know if I am the only one, but before I sell a doll, if I was on the edge about it, I take photos of their most unflattering features to look at later if I ever feel regret. For example, I had a girl body whose torso looked like an eggplant from one angle, and I have a photo of that exact angle on my phone in case I ever wanted to get her back. :roll: And yes, I sold a girl body partially because she looked like an eggplant, though she had a couple other flaws too. The small things get overwhelming over time. :lol:

8. Based on my experience, I do not recommend it.

When I was selling a lot of my collection I sold off Aubyn, a Volks one-off Kira painted by K. Mayura. I have fond memories of her and she was beautiful to me, but I like a lot of dolls and due to new priorities do not have the time or energy I once had to invest in my doll collection. At the time I recall saying how I would replace that one-off Kira with a Dear SD. I did that last year. Her name became Aubrecia, and the experience adopting Aubrecia was even more special than when I adopted Aubyn.

When I adopted Aubyn, I remember visiting Kobe Sumika and falling for a beautiful unsold "orphan" one-off in the shop display case. I did not adopt her right away but instead went home, slept on it overnight and returned. I then adopted her. I took her to Tenshi no Sato, enjoyed her for a few years and then she went on her way to a new home.

When I adopted Aubrecia, I entered a lottery at Tenshi no Sato and got a phone call later in the day that I had won DSD Kira. That same day I got to photograph her and play with her at Tenshi no Sato. I even entered for a one-off Victorique that day and actually won the lottery so I could purchase that Victorique. It was a very special experience and then I did something I maybe should not have done. I put one of my Luna heads on Aubrecia's body after deciding I did not want to do "twins." Well, that was that. The Kira head is simply not Luna for me. I fell for Luna at the first ever Dolpa I attended back in 2007 (I mean, I literally gasped when I saw her) and very few dolls really capture my heart like that doll. Aubrecia now lost her body and the head will be sold on YJA when I get around to it.

I love the Kira head. I love the F01. But, there are other dolls that I love more and I think I have always felt I "should" have a F01 in my collection. I need to, however, abandon that "obligatory" idea of doll collecting. There is a reason I sold the doll in the first place, and I need to trust that I did the right thing by looking forward rather than back. Sometimes, the feelings for the nostalgia attached to a previously-owned doll can be more powerful than the feelings for the new doll. And, the memories, in my experience, can be even sweeter once the doll has moved on because there is no longer any need to actually take care of the doll anymore since it "permits" me to focus on those dolls I love more.

9. I've answered this thread a couple of years ago, but thought I'd update that I'm currently waiting on my second ResinSoul Mi. She'll be the same character and designed the same as the old one, I even rebought her wig and eyes and some of her clothes and shoes. I had sold her because her story kind of died off, but I just missed my girl so much that I had to bring her back! I'm currently working her into a couple of my current stories!