1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Senior Delf DION and CIAN limited

Jul 27, 2007

1. i can't wait for LUTS to put up more teaser pics. :3

2. We had said the exact same thing. Beautiful face, but he's got Giraffe Head. 8D

3. So, are Dion and Cian limited molds? or are the dolls pictured limited because of the faceup and clothes that will come with the dolls (sorry if my question doesn't make sense:sweat). I hope Luts will have them available later, I rather like Dion....And I apologize if this has alredy been discussed

4. I think they are limited in numbers, which is sad cuz I like Dion, ah well. ><

5. Its funny how so many people either love or hate the senior delf bodies XD

Also, i think its amusing how i never thought of them as muscular till it was pointed out here. See, while the bottom half of the torso is fairly muscular...the top half makes me think of an older scrawny man who should keep a shirt on to keep his aging torso away from the eyes of small children or soemthing. its the upper half that gets to me. what are those wrinkly looking lines *supposed* to be? O__o; I've never seen anyone with muscles like that, y'know?

anyway, aside from that little issue, the rest of the body is ok. I never liked the chisled abs on humans, so i really dont care for them on dolls. A little is ok, but not that much x.o;

If there was an option body that didnt have the funky muscles, then i'd have some serious issues holding off on buying Dion.

--and for the question of whether people buy them because they're limited or pretty, i think its both. If they're just really pretty and you really want them, you can save up...but if they're limited, its gotta be a spur of the moment decision, and if you have the money, well, there you go XD Companies probably really like limiteds for that reason: they put up some really cool dolls,mark them as limited, make lots of profit off of them becuase people jump at the oportunity. Because apparently, buisness and people being uberfans collide really well XD

6. torren>> which creases/wrinkles do you mean?

7. I agree with Torren about the old men wrinkles. (its around the rib cage area, that part looks awkward) but I still like the SDF bodies. I'm not too concerned about the body because they'll be clothed most of the time. The bodies look good in clothes and I heard it's easy to pose, so despited the old men wrinkles, there are more benefits. :3

8. i know what creases/wrinkles u refering to ^^
      but if you observes those body builder or their photos, they have those too, it's the over-stretching due to 'expanding' chest muscles. I saw those on those body builder especially.

9. Bwahahaha!! XD I never realized those could look like wrinkles. I always assumed they were ribs. I think if I had a complaint about anything on the senior delf body, it would be the overabundance of abs. I DO like abs, but this mold goes beyond a six pack and adds on, like...12 more bumps... o.O Still. I continue to like ze bodeh in general. ^__^;;

But does anyone else think the new senior delf heads look way too young to be on that body?

10. I really, really wish they were regular NS/BW resin rather than that RS stuff. I like Dion's head quite a lot, and he might actually make a really good Lir... but I just can't stand those Senior Delf bodies.

Like someone else said up-thread, what the devil is up with the "12-pack" abs? >_<

11. i thought those 'creases' were either ribs (in which case all the large boys have them, most pronouncedly the dollshe boys) or weird-looking serratus anterior muscles (which they don't really look like, lacking the serrated look which gives the muscles their name).

but in either case, i love the body waaay too much to let it be a concern. X3 i mean, those abs!!! though i suppose 12 'packs' really are pushing it. :\ i would have preferred 8, at most 10. oh well. i still like the body. :3 the hipbones are to die for.

more dolls need some muscle. really. *3*

i'm really hoping that this is one of the cases where everyone gushes about the doll but fewer people buy it. *__* because i'd really like one. X3

12. i think Dion is pretty^^ but i dont want him lol i dont really like senior delf bodies XD
      redemtion the moon full set is limited and its been restocked plenty of times XD

13. um, the redemption moon hasn't been restocked. it's just not very much in demand, which is why it's still in stock.

14. ah..i thought i was the only one who always dont really prefer SDF body... since all of my friends really love it... i kinda wished he can have NS/WS body option so i can swap his head with my friend who love SDF body so much more then Delf body..

but still, I really love Dion too much, I really hope the limited is like 1000 limited and not 100-200 limiteds like some of the delf T_T

15. The senior delf body looks like a 10-pack. The second row seems to be cut in half by his torso joint.

I'm interested in seeing a better shot of Dion, though Cian's face appeals to me more. Does anyone else notice how asymmetrical Cian's face is? Maybe it's my monitor. Cian's eyes and lipline don't look even. :/

16. Cian's face is definitely asymmetrical. The left eye (left from his position, right side of the pictures) is a bit smaller, the lip curve higher -- or else a little *droop* (Bell's palsy in resin, anyone?) on the right. Might look fine, but is going to drive some face-up artists insane--

I just wish they'd put some double joints into the regular bodies already. Glad to see there are others who aren't wild about the Senior bodies!

For bigger bodies, it's suprising that the heads are so much smaller (says the head size, aka wig size, is 8.5).

17. Does senior delf skin tone match any other company?

I mean, I heard that "realskin" is similar to Volks resin, but a bit yellower. However, I have also heard people lamenting many times that realskin matches absolutely no other company. :sweat Dion's head on a Volks SD17 or Dollstown 15boy body would be so lovely! :D I like the senior delf body well enough, but it's not one of my favorites.

18. These XD
      [​IMG]

Sorry, they do look realy odd to me ^^;

XD! Even though some body builders have it....these dolls hardly look muscular enough to be body builders, no? It just makes "senior" seem like its refering to "senior citizen"...in which case, its a creepy one who works out too much o__o; but...only on his abs o.0

Im' still in love with Dions face though. Hes beautiful =D

19. can you put a senior delf head on a delf bod? the "wrinkles" do not appeal

20. in person, i never noticed the 'wrinkled' areas. ^^;; i think it's mainly the blushing making them stand out like them. the SDF bodies i've seen thus far haven't looked as wrinkled. ^^;;