1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

seperation anxiety with dolls?

Apr 29, 2010

1. hmm.. with me it's not so much anxiety if they're away, but more I think about things I want to do with them and suddenly realize they're not around.. And I do miss them at the time.. :)

2. While I don't really get "seperation anxiety" when I'm away from my dolls, I do miss them.

It's probably not a very good thing to get so attached to a doll that you can't go anywhere without them; they're just dolls. But I tend to get pretty attached to things I like, just not horribly so.

When I first get something I love, it'll go everywhere with me for about two or three weeks. A stuffed animal, a nice hat, a new BJD. But after that little period of time, I'll bring the item with me less and less, until it doesn't really leave the house anymore. I think the only time I couldn't live without my dolls was when I spent the weekend at a friends house. I had never been to her house before, so I was nervous and wanted something to remind me of home. Now, my dolls stay on my bed and I haven't moved them in months *shrugs*

3. It hasn't happened yet, but I know there is gonna be a time where I have to leave my BJD for awhile.
      I'm really paranoid about most things anyway, so the thought of leaving my precious and expensive BJD in the hands of someone else or alone in a house, scares me cause I don't know what events may happen. O_O

4. I sleep with them since they don't have a place of their own! X3 And yeah, I feel kinda forlorn whenever I'm away from them more than 24 hours. But that doesn't hinder me from whatever it is I need to work on! ^^ I keep their photos in my handphones and BlackBerry so I can look at them. Sometimes I worry of theft, or an earthquake, when I'm away from them... But that's perfectly normal I guess? >.> I do miss them when I'm away, tho... sometimes when I go out of town, I bring one of them with me. But if that's impossible to do, then I'll just go with their photos. @.@

5. This is exactly how I am.
      Now that I finally have my blackberry's zoom back and working,
      I'll start snapping some pics right away.

6. When I went on vacation, I really missed my boy... I don't really like leaving him alone for long periods of time because then I start to get worried about his clothes staining the resin and such.

7. I take Avian pretty much everywhere I go. It makes me feel better to have them with me. I've never really been away from them for long periods of time.

8. Ever since I got into the hobby, I've been bringing my first doll to work every weekend. Then when at home, I would sleep with her by my side.

When I had brought her to my friend's house for a new face up, I think I went crazy that I don't see her.

9. Can't say I've ever experienced this. In fact, I'd feel weird bringing him places. I do feel happy coming home and seeing him though, of course!

10. Not really. I do feel that if you are experiencing feelings of separation anxiety to a level that it interferes with your social life, school, work performance, etc, you shouldn't take it lightly and perhaps talk to someone about it. Anxiety disorders are no joke!

11. I've never been somewhere and wished I'd had a doll with me... until I went to Vienna to study art and was away from my dolls for 3 months! I wanted to take photos and see them so badly! Ever since then, I have a small doll that's my designated travel buddy.

12. When I first read the title, I imagined it was the dolls getting separation anxiety. :) That could be so cute, or really terrifying!

I can occasionally miss my dolls like I do other things and look forward to seeing them again. But I don't exactly pine away for them. It's my pets that I miss most often if I'm away.

13. I commute out of town 5 days a week for work. So I only get to interact with my dolls on the weekend, and even then I'm often away for non-work related reasons.

I find myself missing them often, especially when I'm in the middle of a doll related project (like a face-up or mod, stylingva wig or making clothes etc.)

Like, i find myself thinking "I wonder how a military outfit would look on Lyle? Gosh I wish I was home right now so I could start working it :( "

14. I have anxiety and my dolls are my comfort so i tend to bring them places so when i dont have them i feel lonely or depressed. I have to leave both of them at home while i am at work but thats what im getting a tiny for ^^

15. I will miss them when I am not at home for a few days. I usually take a doll with me when I travel.