1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Serenade Doll

Feb 3, 2015

1. Thanks for the info @Roterwolkenvogel and @xatshe.

Yikes, how frustrating.

2. @roserising it's sad to hear that(
      last time, when i ordered full doll i received nothing. there were 2 pair of eyes but my order contained 2 heads, so.. yeah.
      i guess that gift with horns and helmet because of Cyber-Charlotta itself. I asked Serenade about ordering and they answered that all buyers of full Charlotta sp will receive cyber-set. i just didn't expect to receive it too, since i bought legs only.

Zaliayn
      thank you ^^

3. It was super frustrating honestly. I don't want to complain too much because I love their dolls, but it was really not cool that it happened, esp because I brought to their attention the missing item when I got my doll, they said they would include it with the doll I had on layaway (which was my girlfriend's), and then it didn't come then either :\

But I'm glad other people have had better luck with the gifts, lol

And xatshe your doll is gorgeous :) she was one of the dolls I looked at a ton when I was deciding whether or not to get a Serenade girl :)

My girl is out for a new faceup now, along with my girlfriend's Ava <3 hopefully they'll come back even more gorgeous~

4. I just discovered that bunny head a couple weeks ago...I think I may have to order her. I looked through the thread and saw a couple pics, anyone have one painted\blushed?

5. yeah... i understand your feelings.. i thought that now they finally hired more people to make their service better.. but it looks like sometime they still forgot about tiny but yet important things(

PS.
      thanks you so much for your kind words^^ i'm glad that you received your own special girl, she's really looks soft and tender :thumbup

6. Thank you :D I love my girl to pieces... you just reminded me I have to call my mom and check on her faceup status!! lol (my mom is a faceup artist and is doing faceups for my Nova + my girlfriend's Ava) I'm so excited.. she's gonna be a little edgier with her new faceup, but hopefully still sweet as a cherry blossom <3

7. sad, sad news : I had decided to wait for the February holidays to start working on my Rabitt loved one (was to be a Peterbald nude cat in fact, because totally the same ears, nose etc.) then, yesterday, the vet told me my kitten has to have a heart surgery, more than 2200$, so I am going to put my dearest Miss Rabbit on eBay to night.
      The only way for me to be strong enough to do it is to promess myself I will buy another one later.:sorry

8. Oh I'm so sorry @Abell :( that's terrible! I hope that your kitten has a perfect surgery and that you can get your rabbit back someday <3

9. Thanks Roserising ! my little nude kitten will get his surgery soon as the vet has finally agreed for us to pay the charges (2250$) in 10 months. And the miracle is that even my Rabbit had been sold through an FB BJD groupe, few days later, my brother phoned me saying that he and his girl friend were the one who had bought it using name and address of one of their neighbour, and my Rabbit came back to me to day !!!
      Would you beleive me ? I cried ! those serenade bodies are the top of what I have always look for but only found on tiny bisque bjd. I had bought the Rabbit head for the fun to dress it with all the teenage clothing Serenade is offering for such little money, but by now, I am so much in love with this elegant body, that I am also to order a girl head as soon as I can offer it financially.
      My questions are :
      1) should I choose a painted eyes or one with glass eyes ? painted eyes looks so more subtile on photos, so much more sophisticated too <3
      2) which head to choose, I love all of their faces, but the few profiles I have seen are desapointing, the nose is too much a "duck nose" if you see what I mean.
      Any idea of the head with a more classical profile ? I have three OrDoll heads by Renee and the profile is perfect for me.
      By the way, even those OrDoll 's heads are small for 1/3 bjd, they are much too big for a Serenade body, while they are perfect for the Blossom body I have of the same size.
      By the way, Serenade have been very nice to me : they had sent the golden chair forgetting to write "Paris" in the address, however just the code shows it's Paris, so the French post office should have be able to deliver it to me, but they did not care and sent the chair back to Serenade !
      Then they asked me if I could pay again the postal fees, because there own Postal Office had told them that the postal code was enough to know the doll was to be delivered to Paris, which is totally truth.
      Then I have agreed to pay the 40 $ but asked them to make an exception and sale me the Emperess shoes with real tiny diamonds and mother of pearl, silk velvet, etc. and they agreed and sold them to me for a ridiculy low price, and I 've got the chair and the luxurious shoes only one week later !!!
      I feel they are really great, they answer the email very fast (less than one hour some time) and really do all what they can to please us.
      May be they have only few peoples to work for them and because of so many orders, they some time may forget a little thing, like a gift they would have sent if not in such a hurry. Lucky me, I have received 3 underwares instead of two :)

I am to have mine done, either by me or some one else, but have to wait till our kitten is save and back home and things calm down. I will post photos as soon as I can. I am to take off the "hair" and the human ears too, as I really want a real nude bunny head.

Glad to be here with all of you lovers of Serenade dolls :love

#669 Abell, Feb 19, 2017
      Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    10. Oh my gosh @Abell that is so amazing!! and so sweet of your brother and his girlfriend to give you the doll back <3 I teared up a little reading that. I'm glad that you have your doll back with you and that your kitten can still get their needed surgery <3 I hope everything goes well with that and I'll keep your kitten in my thoughts <3

And that is so cool about the chair and the shoes-- those shoes sound so gorgeous, omg!

As for heads... it's up to you. I would choose a head without painted eyes personally, just because I don't think the painted eye heads are considered on-topic here on DOA and I love to show off lol! Personally I have Nova and my fiance has Ava and they're both gorgeous heads.. really all of the sculpts from Serenade are beautiful, and the pictures on their site don't do them justice. For a more classical profile.. maybe Charlotte? Hmm..

My mom said she's going to start working on the faceups for my Nova and my fiance's Ava this week <3 hopefully soon I'll have them back home, I keep looking at their headless bodies and it's so sad... :p

11. @Abell I'm glad to hear that your little kitten will get his surgery (hope he recovers quickly!) and that you didn't have to lose your lovely Rabbit.

Painted eyes are nice, but they aren't on topic for DoA. Serenade's eyes are pretty and fit well in their heads.

I'm not sure which head would be closest to a classical profile. Charlotte might, but I haven't seen a picture of her profile.

@roserising, can't wait to see the girls once your mother is done with them, she does lovely faceups!

12. @Abell Oh this is such a heart waring story! I teared up when I read it <3

Meanwhile, I might have found a new source of clothes for our girls!

[​IMG]

Angel Philia* clothes - Thyra rocks it :lol:

*do not google that name at work, those dolls are as a majority so not work safe - which does limit clothes a bit xD

13. Hi dear friends from every where :)
      First : thank you so much for your concern about my baby kitten : he went through his heart surgery fine and is now recovering but still in vet hospital for a few weeks.
      One important question about Mr Clear :
      I have found a message from Renne (Or Doll) on her FB page which is making me very nervous :
      "Important Announcement :
      1. I decided to stop making customs because Mr.Super Clear is no longer reliable.
        A while ago Mr.Hobby changed the famous MSC from "FLAT" t...o "MATT" but they didn't only change the labeling, they also changed the formula.
        All the dolls I made with the old MSC FLAT remains perfect even after 6 years but the dolls I made with the new MSC MATT starts to crack after a while.
      2. This can take 3 months or a year but the cracks starts to appear. Sometimes they are evident and sometimes you have to watch carefully under a direct light to see them but they are or will be there.
        This is happening to a lot of awesome custom artists in the Pullip, Blythe and Bjd communities (and more each day) so I decided to talk to Mr.Hobby about this and they have confirmed to me the obvious: They changed the formula and it can't be used the same as before.
      3. I'm looking for alternatives and making tests to other sealers but this can take a while...
        When I find a sealer that works for me I will start making new dolls and remaking the ones that cracked.
        If anyone knows about good alternatives to MSC that works and last in plastic I'd appreciate the info.
      Problem is that I did used Mr Supper Clear Matt just few days ago on my Serenade body and now I am really very worried and nervous.
      Did any of you used Mr Supper Clear Matt on some of your BJD ? did you get the problem Renne is telling us about ?
      I did not even realised it had change of name when I bought my last one, two years ago, but never used it till few days ago on the Serenade body.
      Oh I'm chocked !!! :(

14. Roterwolkenvogel nice leather suit! i've checked your link)) but it sees that it's only one cool things for serenade-gils=)

Abell my face-up master (she did face-up's for my girl and my other BJD) said about problems with Mr. Clear long before this message, almost one year ago. It starts cracking randomly so you never know when your new blushing/face up need to be repainted. i've also heard lot's of complaining about new formula of Mr. Clear so yeah..

ps. glad to hear that your kitty is going well!

my super photoshopped photo with Hanmei. her legs are still unpainted(

[​IMG]IMG_6417-1 by Natalie, on Flickr

15. Xatshe : ouah !!! Hanmei in the snow ! superbe ! oh you people makes me decide to get a girl head too later on lol

I have not made the faceup for Miss Rabbit yet, but she is to have my nude kitten look, he is a blue oriental siamese Peterbald, with a long blue nose and long white/pink ears. I'm just not sure if I am to cut Miss Rabbit's actual long ears to make it a little shorter and more on the side, will see.
      About Renne's message, it's from 2015, that is 2 years ago, I was hoping it had been ajusted since, but if you say that you have heard about it may be recently, then ... oh my Miss Rabit is may be going to get looking like an old witch in a few months lol
      That's really scary when one has some beautiful unique faceup. I have an Orlando head face up by kingnut and another Orlando head faceup by Kanana, they were made in 2015, just before Renne desapeared from her FB page and other internet thing. If I am to loose them because of Mr Clear, ohhhh I will hate that business man for ever ! however, right now, the faceup are totally good, but they spend all their time in their wooden box, so may be they were protected, I do not know.
      "Haut les cœurs" I will say :)

#675 Abell, Mar 4, 2017
      Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    16. Roserising- did you eventually get the black lingerie set you wanted? If not, let me know, you can have mine. I never put them on my doll anyhow.

17. Rosering :

I have got two white instead of one, so, I will happily send one to you as gift, I do not need two, one black and one white is enough for me :) just send me a message and it will be yours. Do not be mad at them, they are really nice and generous, but it seems they have not enough people working for them, so the mistakes. They gave one more to me, one less to you, let's repare that and be happy :)

18. @Vesuvia I didn't get it, they gave me a refund instead. That would be wonderful, I will message you :)

@Abell thank you so much! <3 oh my gosh. I'm not really angry, just frustrated about the situation, but I still love Serenade Doll and I'll almost definitely order from them in the future :p their dolls are too beautiful to hold a grudge honestly..

My girl is still out for faceup :( so I can't even look at my girl right now tho

19. You'r welcome, glad to be able to help a little :)

20. what shoes (high heel) woul fit her? im having Ava coming soon!!! thank you all

shes amazing!

#680 GoldenBuddha, Mar 12, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2018