1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Serendipity Mini including Sharmin discussion thread

Feb 21, 2005

1. I have a Sharmin, she'll match size wise any slim msd... Color wise she Unoa is great. AoD and MNF white with some blushing I think would work. She is very pale as you know.

Are you looking for a mature body or a younger look?

2. So my sister just bought her first BJD, a second hand MSD Serendipity Sharmin doll, and both of us were surprised at how much smaller she was compared to my MSD AOD Roa.

She is a lot thinner, and her feet look itsy bitsy compared to my dolls. My sister tried Roa's shoes on Sharmin and they looked like clown shoes! We are both worried that if my sister tries to buy MSD shoes for her they will be way too big.

Also, Sharmin has a very thin waist compared to Roa, so my sister was worried about buying her pants.

Is it hard to find the right size clothing for these brand of dolls?

I tried to see if I could find a Serendipity site to see if they made special clothing for them but I had no luck. :(
      If anyone has any suggestions for clothing or shoes, or knows the direct link to the Serendipity site that would be wonderful!

3. blackcat87: Serendipity's stopped making dolls. They have no website anymore. But, dollndoll bought some of their molds and is making some of their dolls. They don't have shoes or clothes for sharmin (yet?).

4. I have the same problem my Sharmin came with her outfit (white frilly nighty) I gonna make her clothes myself (I love the "Nithtmare Outfit" and already bought the fabric to make it)

5. I saw my first Sharmin on Sat and she is so adorable. She was wearing a dress from Tonner. My Valencia fits nicely in Teen Trends outfits - even thought he is a boy. I've made some things for him and patterns for MSD size clothing need to be trimed down. There is a dealer on eBay that sells patterns for Sharmin. And I second Jujusdollymall - I've bought items for my Valencia.

6. Also try: Teen Trends and Friends 2B Made clothing and outfits made for Ellowyne Wilde(?). Some things made for Unoa or Narae/Narin might also fit Sharmin...I know that my Valencia can wear things made for slim girls, and he is nearly the same size as a Shall ...and things that fit Sharmin also fit Shall. I have also bought 16 inch porcelain dolls at antique malls and salvaged the clothing (and stands). You may need to do some seam adjusting.

Good luck - and post pictures. I'd love to see your girl.

~Shannon

7. Sharmin Spamm !
      Teddy (Unoa Sist) next to Appolonia my Serendipity Sharmin she's WS LE I just love her delicate features.
      [​IMG]

8. This body looks exactly the same as the ISMY body I have on my girl 9I got one just before they stopped producing them).

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this body, personally. It will do just about any pose. It also fits tonner clothes very well, as long as it's not pants, and the sleeves are short.

It also fits all the same shoes as my unoa. The feet are kinda long for an MSD, but narrow.

9. Thank you, Minda, I am waiting for dolldoll Noel with the diamond body and couldn't find info on the body posebility. And info that it can share clothes with tonner dolls is very useful!

10. It's not the same one as Ismy. It's the same one as 14 year old Freya had. the Ismy body had a jointed torso. It's still a beautiful body and when it came out the joints were revolutionary. I remember it having a good reputation for posing. I would love to get one of those bodies but I can't get a confirmation on resin matching.

11. This has just about made my day! :D My Sharmin is nearly five years old, on the old style body, she's yellowed quite a bit and as everyone knows she's impossible to buy clothes for - even the Unoa and Narae clothes hang off her delicate frame. I've been wanting to upgrade her for awhile but I never thought I'd see new Sharmins being made again! :dance

In terms of resin matching, my Rhee now is a good match against Volks pureskin UV Protect resin. Her head fits on an SDC Cute girl body, though the neck is a little long and would probably require some sanding down.

Also, for clothes, Cheerydoll (Korea / USA) still have some clothes that were made for Sharmin (under the Unoa section). Hopefully with the re-release, people will start sewing for her again.

12. Does anyone have good ideas for clothing for the serendipity 14 freyja body? My Isolde has been a shoeless kimono-model since she came to me due to the issues of clothing. I dislike sewing for smaller than SD-sized dolls enough that I still haven't picked up needle and thread for her. I love the Her Delicate Strength trousers, but they wouldn't really fit due to the wide waist on the freyja 14 body. I'm not a fan of commissioning work; I'd rather buy something for her that I can be reasonably sure will have an okay fit. Her size is closer to MSD than that of sharmin but still a good deal skinnier and more mature than the average MSD.

Also, is there any data on resin matching with the new DollnDoll made serendipity dolls? I'd like a new pair of hands and am concerned about the match.

13. I have 3 old Sharmin s and have discovered that Robert Tonner Tyler or the Harry Poter dolls clothes fit to a T. Also Helen Kish's Raven or Lark fit well. :lol:

14. There's a thread on matching dollndoll resin somewhere. I know that when I got my dollndoll she didn't match my honey delf, so it wouldn't match luts, leeke or souldoll. I remember customhouse resin matched. I don't think minifee would match, but I'm not sure.

15. Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!

This thread and that announcement has made my day. I'm so glad I bothered looking on the DoA forums. I've been panicking for most of last night and up until now about the fact that she's an LE10.

I fell in love with her when I first saw the Boding Boding Sharmin on Dollmore's site. Having already given up ever seeing her in person or owning her, I of course freaked and was like "But I'm soo broke!".

Knowing that she is coming out in a basic version means I can finally relax and not worry about not being able to buy her right now ^^.

I am surprised though that she hasn't been sold out yet :S. It's been over a month o_o.

16. Hi there people!
      I have no idea where to put this. It's size specific, it's a sewing question but not. It's really hard to correctly categorize this question.

Anyways. I've been making mini outfits and stuff for a 42cm doll but I'm stuck. I need to know the size of these dolls from their hips to their shoulders and the measurement chart doesn't tell me. I've got circumfrences out the wazoo but nothing on "From Hips to Shoulders" and you kinda need that for a shirt or top of a dress pattern, my friends.

So anyone with a 42cm that can help me? I have nothing but a big boy and his measurements won't help any.

17. Hi Limelord,

I moved your post to the Sharmin discussion. Maybe someone who owns the doll can help you.

18. Hi Limelord. I have measured my Serendipty Noel, which I think is the same body as your Sharmin, and have attached the picture below. Hope this helps.

[​IMG]

19. Hello everyone, I am considering ordering a Sharmin from dollndoll since they are having their free shipping event. Can anyone comment on the quality of the resin and the posability? I have only had experience with Volks dolls and I don't even know how long it takes for them to make her for me. Is it 4 weeks or longer? I know that this question is probably for the shipping advice forum... so sorry about that.