1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Serendipity Mini including Sharmin discussion thread

Feb 21, 2005

1. A nail varnish remover with no color added is what you want. Or pure acetone will work...just use it quickly as it can potentially damage the resin.

2. Sharmin is small, about the size of a Unoa (they share clothes and wear the same sized wigs plus I think the even have the same sized eyes 10-12mm).

Her head would look VERY small on a MSD sized body, and there are not, as of yet, any Serendipity boy dolls out there.

I hope that helps. :)

3. MSD clothes will not fit Sharmin. She is much slimmer than all of the other ~43cm dolls sans Unoa. For example... Sharmin's waist on the new body is approximately 12cm.

~biscuit

4. anyone know how _that_ works?

I'm also assuming she doesn't have the interchangable ears like Sharmin, ne? ;_;

5. I think you put the teeth part into her mouth, and no, she doesn't have interchangeable ears like Sharmin. Sharmin is the only one. :)

6. I think both Noal, Sharmin, Shall and Alice CAN have their ears swapped, but only Sharmin comes with the optional ears.

- Therese

7. Shall is the only one with teeth, so I'm not sure why they would make her teeth interchangeable.

As Descending Twilight said, Sharmin is the only one with interchangeable ears; Shall, Alice, and Noel have their ears molded onto their heads.

~biscuit

8. I am just curious, does Sharmin have very notcieable seams? If so, is this easily fixed with sanding? ^^

9. My Sharmin had horrible seams. However, other owners did not have this problem.

When I needed my body replaced, I received another one that was seamless. Moreover, my third doll, another Serendipity girl, had a smooth, seamless body, too. Chances are, you will received a finished doll.

10. Hi!
      Sharmin has NO seams whatsoever!!!
      One of the most beautifully finished BJDs one can buy.
      Enjoy!!
      Raven :D

11. My sharmin came very smooth, no seams. I love her!

12. i actually got my sharmin on the first limited preorder open to koreans only (i got her via a shopping service) and she had no seams, but also a different wig and eyes.

So chances are yours will be sanded :3

13. Hiya, so Serendipity Sharmin's feet are just about 5cm long and 2.2cm wide across the widest part of her foot.

Someone on the forum pointed out that Sharmin can fit Cutie Delf shoes, so I have a pair for her and they fit nicely, but you should probably sand off her long big toenail. The end of her big toe still sort of pokes through the end of the shoe, but it's not really noticable.

I have now tried Petite Ai shoes but they do not fit at all. They are much too small. Cutie shoes are actually rather large on Petite Ai. I guess cutie shoes are just generally rather large.

For awhile my Sharmin was wearing Dream of Doll runners and Kid Delf maryjanes. If she has socks on she looks OK in these shoes, but without socks, the MSD sized shoes are way too big for her.

[​IMG]

14. She can also wear the shoes for Hopscotch Hill dolls that you can get on ebay for under $5 a pair. And, Tonner's Matt' O'Neill shoes fit her too.

15. from what i understand, helen kish clothes are hit or miss as they are a bit chubbier than mini BJD. I would guess they fit MSDs the best since they are the chubbiest of the minis. I think the general consenus for the best fit in comercially made clothing is American Girl's Hopscotch Hill. If you search Kish on the board, there are several threads discussing this. :grin:

16. I bought a hand-made outfit for a Hopscotch Hill doll off ebay and it was definitely too big for my Dawn. I guess I would not recommend going Hopscotch Hill for Sharmin except in the case of the shoes. As far as Kish goes, I think the outfits will fit with a little pin or addition of extra velcro in the back. I'm sure it'd be a better fit on an MSD, though.

17. My Sharmin is p.o.'d at having to wear Matt's shoes! She wants some cute GIRLY shoes. I didn't know that about the Cutie Delf -- I will have to order some.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new Teen Trend dolls from Mattel -- I suspect those shoes may fit her too.

I filed off the big toenails first thing. That was creepy.

18. Friends 2Bmade and Bardie doll Ken shirts (short sleeves) Fit Serendipity, as they are tight on DOD slim boys

19. Kish clothes, for the most part, don't really fit minis. I've bought some, but usually they're too big in the waist and too broad around the shoulders.

20. The Barbie-Ken shirts I bought fit my DoD Too just fine, both the tank top & the looser short-sleeved shirts.
      Michel (my Too) hasn't worn them long, as I have not washed the clothes, but they certainly go on just fine.
      Too's clothes are a little too big on Bee-A, generally, so I expect the shirts will fit her & the other DoD girls just fine.

Can't speak to the Friends 2B Made stuff until I make it down to the closest one, about 2 hours away. :(

Ann in CT