1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Serendipity Mini including Sharmin discussion thread

Feb 21, 2005

1. I was wondering how the Serendipity head cap is removed, I'm scared to touch mine as it looks pretty stiff!

2. I have Sharmin, and she came with her headcap off and one of her snaps off as well. I glued the snap back on and put her head back together, so after having to do that, I had no fear of removing it.

What you can do is take a thin knife and sort of insert it along the edge between the cap and the face and just lightly twist the knife and the head cap will pop off.

It's not on there all that tight, I can assure you!

3. Just pop it off. :P Like gayle said, you could use a knife, but I find that a bit extraneous considering how Serendipity headcaps are attached (either with snaps - older version - or magnets - newer version). Just used your nails (or the bit you have - my nails are always very, very short), and lift from the top to bottom or bottom to top. It may not appear to budge, but you won't break or hurt her. I also prefer using your hands since you have more control over where the headcap goes: the last thing you need is for the piece to fly into oblivion and come crashing down on the floor somewhere. ^^;;

4. The eyes are very easy to remove. They are just held in there by a big ol wad of soft eye putty. Just pull all that out of there, and get the original eyes out. If the putty you removed is still sort of soft, you can reuse it to put her new eyes in.

5. The wig shouldn't be attatched or anything - it should just slide right off. (Unless I'm forgetting something that's particular to Serendipity.) Most owners can't seem to get their dolls wigs to stay on at first, or so it seems.

6. Some Serendipity dolls come with velcro already attached to their heads. Lift your fingers underneath the wig cap, and pull it off.

To remove her eyes, just remove the head cap. There are two mechanisms: headcap snaps and magnets. For headcap snaps, place your fingernails underneath it and pop off; then change eyes. Using a butter knife or blunt, flat objects seems a bit extraneous to me. If your doll has magnets instead of headsnaps, twist the cap to the side, and it should hang downwards. You are now able to change her eyes.

There's no reason to be so nervous about your doll~ They're quite sturdy, and there's really no way of breaking them unless you intentionally do so. Part of the fun in having a new doll is to play and discover. ^_^

~biscuit

7. Actually, they can break. Make sure she doesn't fall onto a hardwood/cement/tiled floor, 'cause I'm 95% sure that's what broke Ichii's finger.

8. I have done work on antique bisque dolls in the past so maybe I am overly cautious. I am just not used to this type of construction and materials.

I guess when I pull Sharmin's wig off, if there is Velcro she will probably have snaps holding her head together and if there is not, she likely has magnets.

Carolyn.S

9. Well, yeah. I was more so referring to the fact that if you take off their wigs or change their eyes, in essence, playing with them, they wouldn't break. >.>

10. I have a serendipity Shall and she came with a few little pieces of velcro holding the wig on, so its pretty easy to get off and when its on, it won't slide off!

also the headcap is attached with snaps, so a simple lift should work for getting the headcap off, and if not, I suppose you could go for a knife/flat object to pry it off.

don't be afraid of breaking her, shes MUCH sturdier than fired bisque pieces (porcelain, I suppose) :daisy

11. She is definatly sturdier than porcelain. My Shar has take a few nose dives and has been absolutely fine, though I am glad it hasn't happened on cement or a hard floor.

The only thing I worry about with all the dolls is the possibility of broken fingers. They are rather small so I am really careful when I put on tight wristed garments.

12. I know that Serendipity dolls wear 6/7 wigs, but the Monique wig I want (Trix) only comes in 5/6 and 7/8 :| Since it is an elastisized wig, I was thinking the 5/6 is a better bet... has anyone tried this on their Serendipity dolls? Thanks :grin:

13. No, no, no!! ^^;;;;

It's better to go up a size than down. I ordered a 6/7 wig for my Serendipity girls, and it is SO SMALL. >.> It is SO frustrating to struggle to put on a wig that supposedly "stretches" (Honestly? Even though wig caps have some stretch, there isn't as much as people make it out to be.) - it's even more frustrating when you finally get the wig on, and it pops off. x_x

I won't deny it; 7/8 is too big. :/ Buying wigs for Serendipity girls is a bit of a pain. >.>

[I thought Barbie had a circumference of size 4...? Someone else can confirm. ^^;; In that case, 5/6 seems like it'd be too small.]

14. I haven't got any wigs in that size any more, but 5/6 is what I had to put on Tyler, so I'd think it would be too small for Serendipity.

Actually, I have a supposed 6/7 human hair wig that is waaay too small on Sharmin. :( I'd go with the 7/8.

15. Weird... it seems that people are saying 6/7 is too small and 7/8 is too big... what size wigs do people have for their Serendipity doll? I'm looking at Kemper wigs as well as Monique... what luck have people had with those wigs?

16. Hi I have two trix wigs for my Sharmin a pink and a white one.The pink fits a bit better you get them on with a stretch and a pull. They stay on sometimes but they do fall off .The 6-7 fits better I have a lexy wig which is a perfect fit.Posh doll wigs that say fit Sharmin are good fit too.I have a Aziza pink wig msd size fit ok a Cheery doll wig is a little big but stays on with the velcro.I got a lovely wig from Neale size msd which fits too.I also got fur wigs from zoi replica wigs I gave the measurements and they are good .I hope this helps

17. Thanks... you have the 5/6 Trix wigs?

18. Yes both wigs are in 5/6 :daisy

19. You can get wigs that are exactly a size 7 rather than being a size 6/7, etc. Those kind of wigs usually come with no elastication and with the intent being on gluing them BUT all you need is velcro rather than horrid glue and this works very well. [/i]

20. Most of the wigs for my sharmin are 6/7. There are a few exceptions, but I think those might be rare cases, at best.

I wouldn't go with a 7/8. I got a mohair wig from Dollmore that was supposed to be for Sharmin, but it's sooo huge. It's more of a size 7/8 than a 6/7, and the size difference is VERY noticeable.

Hope that helped.