1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Serendipity Mini including Sharmin discussion thread

Feb 21, 2005

1. After reading the board, I went ahead and ordered a bunch of size 6/7 wigs before Sharmin arrived. When Sharmin got her this week, I looked through my drawers and found all the wigs I had bought for Tonner dolls. Anything 5/6 was definitely too small--really couldn't get them on her head. But the 7/8s I had (quite a few) did work. They are generally too big but do look good on her and would probably stay on with a strip of whatever holding them. Now I'm worried that the 6/7s I ordered will be too small to get on!

Agghhh!!

2. Here's my Sharmin in a Franklin Mint GWTW outfit. It fits like it was made for her. She should be able to wear some of FM's Diana stuff too.

Here's the Tyler Wentworth Boutique sweater -- you can often get these for about $15 and they come in several colors:

[​IMG]

I've also had her in a number of Tyler skirts. Mostly Tyler things that don't fit are because the arm and leg openings are too small.

3. Ok, I know Sharmin wears 12mm eyes, but Noel seems to have larger eyes to me. Does Noel wear 14mm eyes? I did a search, but came up empty on eye size.

Thanks

Lishe :chibi

4. Noel does wear 14mm eyes ^^ She can wear 16mm too, but very little white shows, and I think it makes her look creepy :barf

5. i have just bought a serendipity sharmin and want to buy her some shoes, her feet measure 2inches long and just under 1inch wide - is this the same as MSD?

Also, has anyone got recommendations for good sites (other than eBay) to buy shoes??
      im looking for buckle-y boots and mary-jane style shoes

holly xx

6. Sharmin is so difficult to shop for especially shoe-wise. I've had my Sharmin for slightly less than a year, and she has yet to own a pair of shoes. I know Descending Twilight participated in my first eLuts group order and ordered a pair of Cutie Delf shoes for her Sharmin. Those fit, but the big toe needed to be sanded, so that it wouldn't protrude from the shoe.

7. Sharmins can wear Hopscotch Hill shoes, which are too small for MSDs.

8. My MSD fits well into 64mm Monique shoes.

9. 1. I have the Ajumapama Mary Janes (from Karin Bussman--AjumapamaUSA) and they are kind of wide on Sharmin, even with socks. There is about a 1/4 inch gap on each side. But I ordered some regular doll shoes shoes from Monique (55mm) and those don't fit at all--way too wide. The Hopscotch Hill shoes that I got (unfortunately you have to buy the whole outfit) are okay but snug, even though I did sand her big toes. The only thing she has that really fits are the new canvas high-top sneakers designed for her from Dollmore.net. They are perfect and come in 4 colors at only $7.50 each. Of course, shipping from Korea was $27!!! I hope they come up with more shoes for Sharmin.

10. Who's Noel???
      I have Sharmin and Alice. I have only 12mm eyes but heard that Alice needs size 10mm.

Never mind...I just went to Dollmore.net and saw that Noel and Shall are the other 2 Serendipity dolls besides Sharmin and Alice.

Do you think Serendipity is ever planning on making a boy doll the same size???

11. I hope so! I would love to a brother for my Sharmin and Noel.

Lishe

12. I'm sure Sharmin might fit into some MSD shoes...but it would probably look odd and not perfectly in proportion with her slim body.

13. Anyone know?

14. My Sharmin came with short elf, long elf and human ears. :)

15. I see you ordered the Boding Alice, do you know if she comes with the elf ears? I just ordered the Boding Sharmin.

Thanks for your help!

16. I think the auctions I've seen for the Boding Sharmin mentioned the three sets of ears. My guess is that they all do. Those ears are just so damn cute!

17. Boding Sharmin is U-Noa sized. Slimmer and more shapely than MSD and much smaller than SD.

Karin

18. Sharmin and her sister will fit the following, Daisy and Willow (mostly), American Girls Hopscotch Hill, the shoes fit too, Many of the Franklin mint clothes for Titanic Rose, Harley Davidson and of course I will be carrying many outfits and new never before seen shoes :grin: on my site soon

19. Hi! How do you Sharmin owners feel about how she poses? Is she flexible or stiff? Is it easy to pose her head? I'm considering getting one and would love to hear your opinions of her. Thanks! :daisy

20. hmmm i'de have to say shes a bit stiff. I've tried restringing mine a few times, she definately needs to be wired. She stands well on her own, but sitting is a bit of an effort. Her body tilts back slightly and she doesn't lean forward much.. just tilts back.

I haven't had a problem posing mine's head, but i've also changed the torso for the unoa large bust so i have a different torso.

I've heard the hands were hard to move and had limited mobility- so i changed out her hands for unoa ones as well.. a definate improvement.

hOWEVER, her feet, by far, are my big complaint (and i never got the unoa extra heel part to fix the problem). She has little to no ankle movement and I cant make her stand properly should she wear a heel..