1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Serendipity Mini including Sharmin discussion thread

Feb 21, 2005

1. mm would have to agree.. not the best, she is stiff and have all the same critisisms as above but she is so cute, and my daughter loves her to bits tho and so do I she is sweet.....so woudnt be without out her..

:daisy

2. Mmm not very posable really. She does stand well and her head moves nicely but otherwise it is quite limited. This said she is So pretty and lovable.

3. Hmm! Thanks for your reviews - this is very helpful! It almost sounds like they should re-design her body, perhaps? Her face is enchanting, and she should have a body that functions well. Sitting being a problem may definitely be an issue for me. I'll have to think on this one! Thanks again! :daisy

4. does the boding sharmin still come with the 3 different ear types?

5. Didn't Sharmin's body get an update resently? I would think the Boding Boding Sharmin has the newer body.

6. yes she does :D

7. yay! i guess ill definetly get the boding sharmin then

8. Seeing as I did some research when looking for what doll to buy (stil don't have any.. but soon), I read that Sharmin recently had her body changed for a better version and the others -should- be upgraded eventually. If you're going to buy her soon though, Sharmin seems like the way to go. :grin:

9. i read that sharmin has a 6cm foot though...is that going to create a problem finding her shoes though since most other places msd size dolls have like 5.7-5.8cm foot?

10. I only have the 1st generation (info from the seller) of Shamin and Boding Bodnig sharmin, not yet have time for a comparsion.

But BB Sharmin foot is only 5cm long, as slim and small as Unoa.

11. That post was ancient. xD The very first release of Sharmin (and Sharmins that were released a few months afterwards) have the "old" body. I would estimate that after 12/2004, all bodies were new. I have had both bodies. The older one was a nicer sculpt, but alas... I liked how she had more meat on her stomach and nicer breasts. The way to differentiate old and new body is to look at the ankle and wrist joints. The new body has a joint molded onto the hand and the feet and are attached with s-hooks. The old body has pieces of wire.

12. It's impossible to find shoes for Sharmin because her feet are *too* small and too slender. I've had my Sharmin for a looong time now, and she is still shoeless. It's easy to find sneakers for her, but I have yet to find a pair of high-quality Mary Janes. I know Descending Twilight has purchased *Cutie* Delf shoes for her Sharmin. Her big toe juts out slightly, but you can sand it down, so it won't do so.

13. i was thinking on buying an option part from another company to replace her feet with do you think that would work?

14. Cutie Delf shoes fit perfectly, with a smidge sanding down of her large toenail.

Also, Ajumapama sells shoes made for Unoa (and thusly sharmin), so does Luts.

You shouldn't have any problems finding shoes for your Sharmin.

15. I think there are actually three different body styles for Sharmin. The original was a lovely sculpt, but very little movement on the wrists and heels, plus she couldn't sit down properly.

Second version had improved wrist and heel joints.

Third version had some of the upper thigh shaved off, so she can now sit down properly.

We have four Sharmins, representing all body types. They can wear AJP Unoa shoes and DollHeart too. All of our Sharmins can stand unassisted, and have no problems holding poses.

Incidentally, Sharmin is slender enough to wear 16" fashion doll clothing from Tyler, Alex etc.

16. How do Sharmin ears attach to the head?

17. I've seen numerous pictures of sharmins during my searches for the right doll, and From the looks of it... I believe the ears snap in place. You can replace the human ears with short elf or long elf ears by just pulling the ears out and replacing them with the other. Kind of like lego's :lol:

That would be neat if DOD did that so I wouldn't have had to make Jericho's ears more pointed, for my personal preference. :wink: But then again, I suppose he is more unique that way.

18. It's very easy to change Sharmin ears! You just pull off her magnetised headcap, and you can see little slots where the ears go...slide them in there, and the headcap holds them in place when it goes back on. A very nice design.
      It's fun. :daisy

19. [​IMG]
      I don't have my camera here, so this is how i'm explaining... haha.
      the diagram is like this:
      [1][2]
      [3][4]
      1) face plate view from back
      2) face plate profile view
      3) "human" style sharmin ear
      4) back head plate (aka head cap)

The red parts are where the ear goes into place.
      The light grey (& the grey in the eyesocket on the profile view) are shadowing, showing where the hollow parts are...
      The dark grey "targets" are the snap buttons that hold her face to her head cap (innovative BJD idea, and works well :D)

the little nubs on the back of the ears sticks into the head cap, where the small red circles are in [4], holding the ears in vertically, while the tragus nub in [2] holds them in horizontally. (now that i'm writing this though, i notice that i accidentally drew a tragus on the ear part in [3])

I hope this helps some :]

20. I had repaint the makup Hitomi this weekend.
      I removed her lashes of origin and given from largest. I also have repaint her eyelids and remake his lips.
      For the occasion, I sew the same dress to her as Tristen but in blue;)

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]