1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Serendipity Mini including Sharmin discussion thread

Feb 21, 2005

1. YOU SEWED THOSE DRESSES BY HAND!?!!?

Wow.

I am in awe of your talents. They're both really gorgeous dresses.

2. I like her new face-up! I love how her eyeshadow matches her eyes.

You make very beautiful dresses for her, too! :daisy

3. Yes Darkwood, I had sew this dress with my ten fingers ;) Thanks for her.

Jibrille, thanks for her ! she's very happy with new eyelashes.

4. I just got my Sharmin but when I put her ears in, they seem really loose. Am I doing something wrong?

5. No, nothing wrong. That's the way they are. They kinda wiggle!

6. ah okay, thank you.

7. Unless they're so loose they're falling out, there's nothing wrong. Mine's like that, too. Sometimes I stick them on with a bit of blu-tack before putting the headcap on, to keep them stable.

8. Wow! Tomato,thanks for your pic. Easy to understand

9. Mine *came* with velcro stuck to her head and the bottom of her wig.

I think the newer models of the Sharmin have magnets in their heads, and not snaps.

Mine is not boding, or any special edition, but she came with magnets instead of snaps, and a large strip of velcro on her head.

Whoa, that's weird. I kept reading about Sharmin's seams but I thought I was crazy because I couldn't find a single one.

10. My BB Alice and Aeri's Nightmare Sharmin both came with the magnet system, so you just have to give the pate a gentle pull to get it off. Just remember that her ears are somewhat affected by the placement of the headcap too, so if her ears drop off when you take off her pate, don't be alarmed, they pop right back on!

And both BB Alice and N. Sharmin came with a swath of double-sided "sticky tape" attached to their heads to hold their wigs on. I've replaced those with velcro, though, since the sticky tape has a tendency to gum up the hair and fabric of the wigs a bit.

Congrats on your Sharmin! I'm sure you're going to adore her!
      Lia

11. Mine actually came with velcro, and not sticky tape. I rather like it.

12. I would have preferred it too. I'm not sure, maybe they only put sticky tape on the limited edition dolls. Did your Sharmin come with her wig already on, or was it separate? Both NS and BBA came with their wigs on, so maybe they figured the sticky tape would be the most secure way to go in transit?

Lia

13. Yeah, her wig was already on.

14. :::shrugs::: Dunno, then. Maybe they ran out of velcro by the time they got to ours, LOL!

Lia

15. my shall came with velcro attaching her wig, and she needs it, the resin is so smooth it slides right off. they have a very delicate feel to them, it makes the volks seem klunky ^^

my shall has a similar body. Poses very well, and my girls joints tend to creak a wee bit but i dont really mind because she holds her poses so well, and realisticly. i dont think you will be dissapointed with her ^^

16. Can you tell us more about the drawer insert thingys? I need something other than elastic bands for my Narae. Thanks!

17. Hi, Susan,

I'm a big Serendipity fan, too. I have all the sisters except Shal -- I'm watching for a version of her that I really like. They are some of my favorite dolls -- so very well made and easy to handle. This, of course, makes them easy to play with. :grin: It sounds like you're already discovering that, so enjoy, and I look forward to seeing pix -- especially of her feet when you've separated her toes.

:daisy

18. Well I got my first Resin BJD (Serendipity Alice) She is absolutely gorgeous and I totally love her except for one thing....

She WILL NOT POSE! She is way too tight and wants to keep her legs and arms bent. Everytime I try to stand her her legs just bounce up. She actually kneed me in the face and knocked my glasses off! Darn doll has only been here a few hours and she is trying to get me allready!

Question is: Do I need to restring her or is there another method to loosen her up. I am petrified to break her as she is my first resin doll. ANy ideas, links etc are welcome

Thanks

19. Erm, I don't remember what it's called, either, but a great big roll of it at the dollar store cost--a dollar (yeah, you figured that out already :oops: ).

It's a rubbery close mesh & is used for lining drawers or for putting under area rugs so they don't slip.
      Here is LLBean's expensive version of it:
      http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/st...isplay?catalogId=1&categoryId=31337&storeId=1

I put a strip of it on my doll's head & hold it on with an elastic band, and it works very well.

Ann in CT

20. The same thing happened to me (except my girl is a Sharmin, not an Alice), haha! When i first opened her, i was getting frustrating cause she kept kicking me in the face and chest.

As a solution, I restrung mine and wired her, and something I would suggest (but haven't done yet) is sueding her ankle joints, cause they seem to not like holding positions when she's not standing up... .

Also, you might seude her neck, too, since it seems to like moving to the sides a lot for some reason :/