Serendipity

Dec 8, 2019

1. I have been extremely curious about these strange little dolls for awhile now. From what I could gather, Serendipity went under quite awhile ago and the dolls rarely seem to make an appearance these days. But at one point they had a somewhat decent level of popularity among collectors.

Obviously, there is some information on the wiki page that gives a general overview but I was curious if there are any old school collectors out there that have memories of these dolls and the company that produced them. And if you own one, or previously owned one, I would be very interested in hearing how you feel about them!

I am currently on the lookout for a Sharmin and any information would be greatly appreciated!

2. They are beautiful little girls, there was also a boy released in the beginning. They were the first true slimmini other than Unoa, I brought my Sharmin and Alice from Serendipity in 2005, they were also available from Dollndoll and then later Dollmore brought them back but only released a couple of the sculpts from what I can remember. There were a couple of very limited releases but none of them where made in very big quantities. My girls came with COA's which in those days was very unusual and both say limited edition of 100.
      I have seen a couple for sale recently, one on ebay, the other on instagram.