1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sewing Patterns for Tinies

May 26, 2007

1. Oh I loved that show. I wish they would bring it back.

2. I think the commercial sewing patterns for Tiny Betsy McCall would fit Doona Soah with just a little alteration. Such as the sleeves would have to be made slightly longer. There are measurements posted in the sewing section.

3. What I do sometimes is buy children's patterns at jo-anns when they go on $1 sale and then enlarge the instruction sheet

this is something I will definitely try
      THANKS

6. Duh - just noticed my old typo in the thread title and fixed it - it used to say Petterns - maybe I had a cat in my lap while typing!

Carolyn

7. whAT a great idea!! I never would have thought of that!:fangirl:

8. I love that dress! Very cute!

9. Thanks for the post on Tinies patterns. I wish there were more out there for the Rainman tinies. My Dodo wants more clothes...lol.

Cat

10. I have been told Barbie clothes will fit bambicrony, although I haven't tried any on my Gun.

Mary-Lee

11. They normally will, as long as the sleeves are either stretchy or nonexistant. Fitted waists won't work, but anything stretchy or loose will fit fine. My girls often wear Barbie clothing.

12. Very useful. Thanks for the help

13. My Betsy McCall patterns need to be alter ALOT to fit D. Sooah - same size as Hana. But what I have made fit great. Just can't use the Betsy patterns at all . . .

Mary-Lee

14. I think this has been mentioned in other threads, but the patterns sold by Denis Bastien for his Leeann doll (http://www.leeann.ca) fit the Leeke size pretty much perfectly! They aren't free, but I think they're extremely reasonably priced and well, well worth the money.

I bought his PJ/Robe pattern and his school uniform pattern and made outfits for my girl, and they fit just about exactly, with just a couple comments: the cuffs are slightly tight around a Leeke's big hands, and the length of elastic recommended for the waist should be bigger - using the recommended measurement the pants have a hard time sliding over the Leeke's very rounded butt. ;)

I don't have a Yo-SD to try them on, but I'd imagine they're a similar fit.

I've also found the patterns extremely useful when drafting my own patterns for other outfits. :)

15. Thanks Merry Shannon! I've seen the Leeann clothes for sale but I didn't know he did patterns. I'll have to try them since I'm been slow with my Yo pattern-making (tinier tinies are winning out).

16. :) The patterns are pretty basic but I've found them easy to customize for other types of outfits! (And since I don't particularly like his choice of fabrics for Leeann it's really nice to be able to pick my own. ^~)

I'm hoping to put together some patterns myself, too, as I do more sewing for my girl, and either sell them or offer them for free (will depend on how difficult they are) for those who like to sew for their dolls but aren't so keen on the patterning part. ^^

17. I knew they were close to AI petite size, didn't realize they fit Leeke's dolls as well, great to know! Thank you. Mary-Lee Do you have any photos in your "creations"?? Would love to see them.

18. The most recent outfit I made for her was done by altering the Leeann patterns as a base:

[​IMG]

But that was a pretty heavy alteration. :)

The skirt in this picture, though, was made directly off his school uniform pattern:

[​IMG]

In case that helps! ^^ If/when I make more outfits based on these patterns I'll post pics of those too.

19. The pattern links are great! Sewing wise, I have a number of Japanese magazines with Yo-SD sized clothing for my Leeke Honey and Doll Zone Ani dolls. Most, though, are heirloom and I don't do much of that. Thanks so much! I will have to get the Orientdoll So pattern book. Great find, thanks for sharing! Maria