1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Shared wardrobes anyone?

Apr 30, 2019

1. I have 2 minifee Karshes who are twins, so they share clothes
      (well, I actually have 3 Karshes, but the other one isn't a twin lol)

2. I don't have all my dolls (or clothes :blush) yet, but I foresee them having separate wardrobes. It won't be expansive or anything, but my guess is 3 to 7 outfits per doll (depending on style, favoritism, etc).

3. This sounds like something I would do to be honest. My larger doll trddles the line between 1/3 size and 70 cm and I like to run large. So I guess some of my other dolls will have oversized clothes if they choose it share it.

4. Some of my dolls do have things that are exclusive to them, either because of an unusual style or (more often-) being an uncommon size... but for the most part similar-sized members of my crew tend to share the same wardrobes. I collect doll outfits as much as I collect the dolls themselves, so it's fun to switch things up and see what everyone looks like in everything.

5. My dolls have shared wardrobe which is basically t-shirts and jeans. A couple of them have signature pieces, like a hoodie only they wear or shoes. I like the ability to mix and match outfits.

6. Most of my dolls are of very different sizes, so it's rare that they can share outfits or even articles of clothing. Which is lucky, because I don't actually like sharing clothes - myself or my dolls'. I prefer them to have their own stuff and not just because they have unique styles.

But my girlfriend also has her own dolls, and will often "borrow" clothes for hers (in quotations, because it's not like any one item is owned by a single person and they're stored together for this exact purpose) and I have to sit on the knee-jerk reaction of but no is mine.

Because it's not XD

7. Is it weird to have wardrobe dictate your doll sizes? XD I've pretty much designed my collection this way from the beginning. I love BJD clothing, and I have a lot of it - so I do my best to limit my collection to "standard" SD sizing. My girls are all able to share clothes. They each have a few individual pieces that fit their character, but for the most part, it's all fair game.

My boys are a different story, sadly. There are three of them, and they are all different sizes (SD13, SD17, IH SID). Between that and the fact that I'm not as excited about male fashion, they all sort of end up with an individual outfit and few pieces to mix and match.

There are a lot of dolls I love but will never own because I know finding them clothes/shoes will be a pain. It's a big factor for me, and it helps keep my wishlist manageable.

8. All my tinies are different sizes so they each have their own closets to chose from.
      But, my 3 SD boys share most of their clothes. They have items that are "theirs" but it's kinda of a community closet lol

9. i personally love playing dressup and let all my dolls share if they can! only thing i usually keep strictly to one doll is a wig and their eyes c:

10. This is exactly how I feel as well. Most of my dolls fall into two sizes and most of my dolls share clothes.

11. If I could I'd definitely have shared wardrobes between my dolls! As it stands, however, they are all styled very differently both in character and overall size/proportions. Oh, nostalgic and jealous feelings I have for when I collected play line dolls from the same line and all of their clothing could be mixed.

12. No, it's not weird, it's totally normal <3 I just ( I guess/hope) finally realised today what I want my collection to look like. This way, my dolls can share their clothes (which, I think, is sweet ;) ) Also, I'd never resign from sd girls because of my shoe collection.

13. The 1/4 change around clothes all the time. The only exception is full sets that came with a doll, those are doll specific, and any of my Doll Chateau kid doll pants don't fit my other 1/4 dolls, but skirts and shorts are fine.

I am building up a 1/3 boy wardrobe now for my bigger guys, interchangable, my 1/3 girl has her own wardrobe though, she is my only girl that size, and my kid dolls 1/6 all share clothes, the girl has a few extras.

14. My dolls have a LOT of clothes. They share if the fit is good. For instance, I have a lovely white suit and have made a silk wedding gown. Two bridal couples have worn it so far, even tho some adjusting pins were necessary.

15. My dolls definitely all share a wardrobe right now. It's not necessarily because I want them too, but more like the clothes are sparse and I need to focus on their wardrobe for a minute instead of new dolls lol. But even when I do, there will always be shared items. Even if I have a character that lives in a fantasy setting, if I decide I want to dress them in something just because, I will. Having a shared wardrobe is always easier on the wallet, though individual wardrobes are more fun for me.

16. Unfortunately my dolls are either too big/small to share or their clothing styles are way too different to really share. Which is pretty unfortunate for me!

17. Because I own all the same size dolls (Around the same) I like the option of them being able to wear each others wardrobes! I don't ever have a set aesthetic for clothes because I like trying new stuff and see what I like on my dolls! So sharin a wardrobe is no problem with me, I think it's pretty cute actually!